DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 5, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #13,696 of 14,084
I've rebuilt firmwares 2.5.1L2 & L3 to be compatible with RK FactoryTool (aka BatchTool). So now it can be flashed cleanly. Download links are the same, and version numbers are the same.

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #13,697 of 14,084
  Imho, it would be great if a track counter could be eventually implemented.
As there is no space left on the actual playing screen, I think the perfect position would be in the status bar on the left, as there is nothing yet (the volume indicator is in the centre, the battery indicator on the right, and nothing on the left).

It would be great if you could forward this suggestion to the software team, @Paul - iBasso.

I forwarded your request. Not sure of the time line as our team is very busy.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 9, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #13,699 of 14,084
Hey Lurker0 I've tried your updated version of 2.5.1L2

• I converted my flac library to wav
• Bought two 128gb sdxc cards (one for dx50)
• Formatted the cards in FAT32 using ridgecrop
• Then installed your new updated 2.5.1L2 using the batch tool on dx90
• I also installed the new 1.9.5 on my dx50 using the batch tool

The DX50 plays better than EVER! It always plays the entire song and gapless playback works flawless 100% of the time

However the DX90 has some new issues. It now fades out during playback sometimes for approximately one second (there is no sound for one second and then it comes back)
but it does play the beginning and end of every song in my experience. Gapless playback works about 75% of the time

I have my music set up in folders (artists containing albums) I never use playlists and I always play in order with no equalizer.

If this cannot be resolved is there any way that you can make your version of 2.1.5 with ultimate cleanup work with the batch tool?
Thank you very much and I hope my data can help out

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #13,700 of 14,084
However the DX90 has some new issues. It now fades out during playback sometimes for approximately one second (there is no sound for one second and then it comes back)

Please search this thread for the well-known fade in-fade out problem and possible solutions. It is SD-card related, and has no a definitive fix in the firmware. I believe your gapless problem is related to it as well.

As far as I remember, the fade in-fade out problem was reported for DX90 fw 2.1.5 as well.

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #13,701 of 14,084
Please search this thread for the well-known fade in-fade out problem and possible solutions. It is SD-card related, and has no a definitive fix in the firmware. I believe your gapless problem is related to it as well.

As far as I remember, the fade in-fade out problem was reported for DX90 fw 2.1.5 as well.
Thanks I will do that

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #13,702 of 14,084
Lurker0 do you think my fade in-fade out issue is because I formatted the card in FAT32?
I noticed you made custom EXFAT and NTFS drivers for your firmwares

What is the main difference between EXFAT and NTFS

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #13,704 of 14,084
Lurker0 do you think my fade in-fade out issue is because I formatted the card in FAT32?

I don't think it is related to any file system.

The main difference between NTFS and exFAT, without going into deep details, is that exFAT is much more flash friendly. Same with exFAT vs FAT32 - exFAT is more flash friendly.

Jul 10, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #13,705 of 14,084
I don't think it is related to any file system.

The main difference between NTFS and exFAT, without going into deep details, is that exFAT is much more flash friendly. Same with exFAT vs FAT32 - exFAT is more flash friendly.
I installed 2.1.5 ibasso firmware with the batch tool and I had no fade in-fade out problem! My file system is FAT32

if you could make 2.1.5L4 work with the batch tool you would be my hero

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #13,707 of 14,084
The Batch Tool is not the firmware. It is to cleanly reset and re-fresh your iBasso DAP. Basically to remove any left-overs of the firmware and previous FWs that might cause trouble (with scanning, crashes, ...).
Just needed when you are experiencing a weird behaviour of your DX90.

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #13,709 of 14,084
but it does play the beginning and end of every song in my experience. Gapless playback works about 75% of the time

I have my music set up in folders (artists containing albums) I never use playlists and I always play in order with no equalizer.

If this cannot be resolved is there any way that you can make your version of 2.1.5 with ultimate cleanup work with the batch tool?
Thank you very much and I hope my data can help out

I have the DX50 and had experienced fade outs.  (search this thread and the DX50 thread for "Drop" & "Howlin Fester").  What seemed to work for me was deleting the embedded file folder every time I add music.  Then do a complete re scan of the library.

I also formatted my cards with the SD Card Formatter from the SD Card Association.  3 cards (64-16-64)  were complete formats done this way.  I just used the standard formatting of EXFAT.  (The SD Card Formatter from them won't do Fat32 on larger cards.)  But I never really experienced the issues after that.  I have a 128G card I formatted FAT32 from a different formatting tool.  It is fine too, but recently purchased.  So not a lot of time on it.

1.  Completely format your card.  (even if new)
2.  Delete library file after each add.
3.  Re-scan entire library.

I haven't noticed any fade out issues after I did this.  FLAC rips.  But I only listen to it sporadically.  So if you do this, and still experience the fade-out issues, let us know.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #13,710 of 14,084
I have the DX50 and had experienced fade outs.  (search this thread and the DX50 thread for "Drop" & "Howlin Fester").  What seemed to work for me was deleting the embedded file folder every time I add music.  Then do a complete re scan of the library.

I also formatted my cards with the SD Card Formatter from the SD Card Association.  3 cards (64-16-64)  were complete formats done this way.  I just used the standard formatting of EXFAT.  (The SD Card Formatter from them won't do Fat32 on larger cards.)  But I never really experienced the issues after that.  I have a 128G card I formatted FAT32 from a different formatting tool.  It is fine too, but recently purchased.  So not a lot of time on it.

1.  Completely format your card.  (even if new)
2.  Delete library file after each add.
3.  Re-scan entire library.

I haven't noticed any fade out issues after I did this.  FLAC rips.  But I only listen to it sporadically.  So if you do this, and still experience the fade-out issues, let us know.
Ok I appreciate the help and solid advice!

The other day I did a FULL format to FAT32 using ridgecrop and followed the tips from lurker on post 9032 http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0/9030#post_11037042
It seemed to work great on the stock ibasso 2.1.5 but not on his new 2.5.1L2 so I bought a Lexar 633x 128gb to see if a different card would agree better with the new firmware

I'm going to full format the Lexar tonight, I still have not opened it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back