DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 5, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #13,487 of 14,084
  Oh I didn't know there was a 2.4.  Is there a changelog somewhere?  There doesn't seem to be one on the site.  

They fixed the charging bug then introduced some new ones. I have the last few seconds of the last track of an album cut off and some files just cause horrific distortion and are unlistenable. I'm really thinking of going back to 2.2 or whatever was before 2.3.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #13,488 of 14,084

They fixed the charging bug then introduced some new ones. I have the last few seconds of the last track of an album cut off and some files just cause horrific distortion and are unlistenable. I'm really thinking of going back to 2.2 or whatever was before 2.3.

That doesn't sound encouraging.  I just installed 2.4 Lurker... I guess I'll try it for myself.  If not I'll revert to 2.3.  I can't remember when was the "peak" of sound quality now... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #13,491 of 14,084
I can't get away from 2.2.

Generally I know if I charged my battery or not. And pressing play in order to see the icon doesn't bother me.

The dx90 still seems to be the sweet spot for good clear sounding music, and usability, price. Changing battery on the fly, powerful, pretty small, digital output, and otg support. Not seeing anything much better out there. I was going to wait it out for the perfect Dap, but this is better than good enough. Glad I chose it.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #13,492 of 14,084
I can't get away from 2.2.

Generally I know if I charged my battery or not. And pressing play in order to see the icon doesn't bother me.

The dx90 still seems to be the sweet spot for good clear sounding music, and usability, price. Changing battery on the fly, powerful, pretty small, digital output, and otg support. Not seeing anything much better out there. I was going to wait it out for the perfect Dap, but this is better than good enough. Glad I chose it.

and the real tiny side note is the freaking lousy firmware dev team

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #13,494 of 14,084

I also noticed the sudden cutoff at the last song of an album.
Maybe setting the play mode from "order" to "repeat" will solve this issue?
I'll give this a try myself

I experience no distortion though.
The opposite rather. Just bought an Oppo PM3. What a heavenly combo with the DX90.

Still like the DX90 a lot!

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #13,495 of 14,084
I seem to be unaffected. But I don't care for album art or playlists, or using it as a dac. Like I said. Nothing is ideal which makes this one the best. On my opinion.

I don't have any crippling problems. I must declare I only folder browse, don't use any repeat settings or anything else.

I think occasionally I have a track fade in/out but its not a tragedy.

Well, there is one thing, sometimes when you start from a fresh boot then select a track the unit seems to resume the new track somewhere...somewhere else...not at the start. A quick press of the back button seems to get it going. The sound is really great though, I haven't felt need to sell my DX90 on after owning DX80.

Actually I'm looking for a second one before the river runs dry.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #13,497 of 14,084
It's funny there seems to be so many faults with the firmware, now there's 2 threads devoted to them :D
Or just one lazy macuser who has learned how to write but not how to read?

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #13,498 of 14,084
Or just one lazy macuser who has learned how to write but not how to read?

Actually, what we're doing is summarising whilst DX90 isn't absolutely perfect firmware wise it doesn't cripple our user experience, or bother us immensely.

That's what my post was for.

What was yours for?

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #13,500 of 14,084

Users who are viewing this thread

Back