DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 21, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #11,493 of 14,084
jamato8: 2nd generation Meenova chews through battery like a puppy chews through your brand new furniture - am I right :wink_face:

Wish Meenova worked with my X5, since it has at least 2x battery life compared to DX90 with stock battery...

With Meenova in place, I feel like I need an extra USB port for power! Hopefully someone will come out with reasonably priced 256GB mSD cards soon. #wishful_thinking

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #11,494 of 14,084
@jamato8: 2nd generation Meenova chews through battery like a puppy chews through your brand new furniture - am I right
wink_face.gif

Wish Meenova worked with my X5, since it has at least 2x battery life compared to DX90 with stock battery...

With Meenova in place, I feel like I need an extra USB port for power! Hopefully someone will come out with reasonably priced 256GB mSD cards soon. #wishful_thinking

It tends to use power up. I emailed them asking the difference between mA use and they never answered. Not great customer service. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #11,495 of 14,084
It tends to use power up. I emailed them asking the difference between mA use and they never answered. Not great customer service. 

Seems like I get ~2 hours in and battery indicator's already at last bar. Really disappointing. Glad I only paid $12 for the dumb thing...

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #11,496 of 14,084
Seems like I get ~2 hours in and battery indicator's already at last bar. Really disappointing. Glad I only paid $12 for the dumb thing...

The 1st model wasn't near this bad. I don't know what they did but they screwed it up. It is supposed to be for a portable device, what they were thinking I have no idea. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #11,497 of 14,084
The 1st model wasn't near this bad. I don't know what they did but they screwed it up. It is supposed to be for a portable device, what they were thinking I have no idea. 

I wish the 1st gen Meenova was still available. Not only does it have lower power consumption, but it's reported to work with Fiio X5 making it useful across DAPs. And, it's lower profile. Unfortunately I couldn't find any for sale.

If anyone has one they'd like to sell, let me know :)

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #11,500 of 14,084
Is the battery really that bad for the dx90?

You get about 5-6 hours with the stock battery and nothing attached to the usb port

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #11,501 of 14,084
And why is displaying time a core function of a dap ?

At any rate as far as I know there is no clock circuitry in the DX90 so I think the answer is no.

To my opinion, of course, it's core. Because when you already hold your dap in your hand and want to know what time it is, it's more convenient to see it directly on the dap instead of having to grab your phone or your watch under the pull-over.
I must say, coming from the iPod classic 7th this was fairly helpful. 

Dont the Fiios, A&K, Cowons etc display time?

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #11,503 of 14,084
  Please @Paul-ibasso move
[Display] > Root menu
[Digital filters] > Advanced 

Actually, I'd prefer a display shortcut be placed on the upper left corner of the home screen.  The DX90 screen isn't the brightest so outdoors I need it to be set at its brightest.  Indoors, to save battery I dial it down.  Sometimes I forget to switch settings and end up outdoors with a very difficult to read screen.  A shortcut on the upper left corner will solve that.

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #11,504 of 14,084
   To my opinion, of course, it's core. Because when you already hold your dap in your hand and want to know what time it is, it's more convenient to see it directly on the dap instead of having to grab your phone or your watch under the pull-over.
I must say, coming from the iPod classic 7th this was fairly helpful. 

Dont the Fiios, A&K, Cowons etc display time?

Nope. Not on Fiios or AKs. You should not have gotten a DAP if a clock is a core function/application for you. There are a lot of device already doing that and they can also play music.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #11,505 of 14,084
Just now I got the case for DX90 by Dignis (korean natural leather and handmaded) and I can only say one thing - its quality is excellent! The "dark brown" color in my case.
It's not an advertisment, but just search for "dignis dx90" if anyone interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back