DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Feb 14, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #10,681 of 14,084
Any anticipation on what has been fixed/changed?

Improvements with this firmware:

1. 10 bands EQ
2. Improved media scan ability.
3, Quicker startup speed.

Also a few minor bugs fixed. We are always working to improve the UI and we listen to your requests.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 14, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #10,683 of 14,084

1. 10 bands EQ

Also a few minor bugs fixed. We are always working to improve the UI and we listen to your requests.

Thanks Paul.  Good stuff.

I would like to echo the earlier suggestion though - please fix the artist list to only include "album artist" (or make it an option if you prefer).

This is by far my biggest issue with the DX90.

Many thanks

Craig

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #10,687 of 14,084

1. 10 bands EQ

Wonderful. Amongst improvement requests, the ability to import a playlist created from files on the DX90 or an inserted MicroSD card without having to subsequently change all the path information would be a huge step forward in useability.

Thanks for considering.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #10,689 of 14,084
  I mainly listen to classical, Why would that be a problem? Becuase it's less loud? Will it still sound fine?

IMO DX90 cannot drive them to their best. Sounds thin & lacks bass, infact even  the DX90 with a portable amp (Meier Quickstep) struggled to drive the T1 upto my satisfaction. Maybe the fact that I have heard what the T1 is fully capable of with some very good amps made me overly critical of the T1- DX90 pairing.

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #10,691 of 14,084
  I mainly listen to classical, Why would that be a problem? Becuase it's less loud? Will it still sound fine?

Some headphones require more current and you also want a good voltage swing. The complexities of classical music can be very demanding. In some cases depending upon the headphones, music and volume, an external amp may be needed to get the best listening experience. This is not unusual. With easier to drive headphones an external amp would not be needed. The option is always there for your enjoyment.

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #10,692 of 14,084
  Will ibasso Dx90 ever support 96khz/24 bit when used as a dac for pc ? because so far that i've read it only supports 46khz/16bit ...New firmware should support higher frequency and bit-rate when used as a dac.

The DX90 supports 24/192 by the USB.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #10,694 of 14,084
I'm new to the DX90 and have a question. Is the headphone out balanced or not? Checking this thread, no one definitively said no. The reason I ask is that the block diagram shows separate signal paths until the headphone output. The other confusing thing is that my HiFiMAN RE-600 balanced plays fine out of the DX90 without using the RE-600 SE adapter. Not jiggling the plug around but a good solid connection. Since I've never actually heard what a balanced output sounds like, I'm lost. Given all these indicators, if the DX90 isn't balanced, why didn't iBasso cross the finish line instead of stopping right before completion?

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #10,695 of 14,084
The output is not balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back