DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #8,686 of 14,084
  Fantastic news, thanks for that, hey do you know where I could get a 3.5mm to ibasso balanced m connector? I have the balanced connection for the headphone jack of the PB2

The DX90 is a single ended out. So a 3.5 to 3.5 into the PB2 and the PB2 converted the single ended to balanced and output that to your headphones. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #8,687 of 14,084
So, update on my bsod:

I only get it when plugged in to my laptop dock, but not my laptop itself.  Slightly inconvenient, but I can deal with it until the next version is released.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #8,688 of 14,084
  So, update on my bsod:

I only get it when plugged in to my laptop dock, but not my laptop itself.  Slightly inconvenient, but I can deal with it until the next version is released.

I have emailed iBasso about this. They have 6 computers with different Windows on them and 32 and 64 bit and can't get their computer to do the BSoD. I got a freeze once on my Mac using Windows 7 but just once. I suppose that would have been the BSoD on a PC but anyway, I am not sure either what is going on. So many variables and interactions. Quite challenging I would suspect. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #8,689 of 14,084

I have emailed iBasso about this. They have 6 computers with different Windows on them and 32 and 64 bit and can't get their computer to do the BSoD. I got a freeze once on my Mac using Windows 7 but just once. I suppose that would have been the BSoD on a PC but anyway, I am not sure either what is going on. So many variables and interactions. Quite challenging I would suspect. 

I also emailed iBasso about my testing and findings, hopefully they can re-create it.  They may not have a docked laptop to test with though.  I should email them and tell them I'd be willing to test some beta versions.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #8,691 of 14,084
I also emailed iBasso about my testing and findings, hopefully they can re-create it.  They may not have a docked laptop to test with though.  I should email them and tell them I'd be willing to test some beta versions.

The BSOD I got was when I plugged iBasso in DAC mode into my Win 7 PC before changing foobar driver / playback setting to mango. When pre-set ahead of time it works! I'm still not certain this is cause and effect, of course, but will keep investigating.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #8,693 of 14,084
So I am very happy with the DX90 after more time with this DAP, it does do very well for a portable player. I mean granted it will not match up to my Audio Gd NFB28 balanced desktop unit, which is one of the best bangs for the dollar imo for high mid-tier DAC/Amp. It does exceptionally well reproducing music accurately with detail, speed, clarity. Those are not the only things though because a dac and or dap can have all those things and still not be enjoyable, without a good tonality and or timbre, well it has got a great tone and is very energetic.

I will be receiving the iBasso PB2 balanced amp to pair with this DAP today, I also will be getting the adapter for the 4pin xlr that my HE-560 and my ZMF x Vibros use to use the balanced jack for my music. Will definitely give some impressions and let you guys know what I think and hear.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #8,694 of 14,084
Please help my find my perfect DAP! Let me sum up my requirments: 1) Neutral, Natural balanced sound for classical music, To use with my ATH-M40X. 2) Gapless-No gap between tracks. 3) Supports 64GB/128GB sd with formatting or without-Preferably without track number limit. 4) Max price is 350$-Preferably less. Expensive only if it really makes a difference. 5) Of course playing all kinds of loseless files

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #8,695 of 14,084
  ..... hey do you know where I could get a 3.5mm to ibasso balanced m connector? I have the balanced connection for the headphone jack of the PB2

That doesn`t make any sense, and might even damage the PB2 (though I could be mistaken).  PB2 has single-ended 3.5mm input beside the hirose 6-pin balanced input.  Run a 3.5-to-3.5 from the lineout of your dx90.  

I was using my PB2 with my dx50 and it sounded good (with HD800).  Then about a month ago I got the DB2 balanced DAC.  I use the coax digital cable to feed the DB2-PB2 and it is spectacular.  Really incredible; I didn`t even hope it would sound so good.  The DB2 prevented me from buying the dx90 . . . . 

You should consider the DB2, if you`re interested in going balanced.  I can`t be done with just the dx50/90 and PB2. 

d

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #8,698 of 14,084
  That doesn`t make any sense, and might even damage the PB2 (though I could be mistaken).  PB2 has single-ended 3.5mm input beside the hirose 6-pin balanced input.  Run a 3.5-to-3.5 from the lineout of your dx90.  

I was using my PB2 with my dx50 and it sounded good (with HD800).  Then about a month ago I got the DB2 balanced DAC.  I use the coax digital cable to feed the DB2-PB2 and it is spectacular.  Really incredible; I didn`t even hope it would sound so good.  The DB2 prevented me from buying the dx90 . . . . 

You should consider the DB2, if you`re interested in going balanced.  I can`t be done with just the dx50/90 and PB2. 

d

No I thought from what someone was saying I needed an adapter for the dac to amp as well, I am fine I already have what I needed. But  I am not sure how it would damage the PB2, ibut I was always planning on used it from 3.5 to 3.5, but the other member did not realize I already had an adapter for balanced to balanced 4 pin. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #8,699 of 14,084
  Please help my find my perfect DAP! Let me sum up my requirments: 1) Neutral, Natural balanced sound for classical music, To use with my ATH-M40X. 2) Gapless-No gap between tracks. 3) Supports 64GB/128GB sd with formatting or without-Preferably without track number limit. 4) Max price is 350$-Preferably less. Expensive only if it really makes a difference. 5) Of course playing all kinds of loseless files

If you are in the U.S., this is pretty close to what you are looking for ($378) - http://www.amazon.com/iBasso-DX90-Resolution-Connection-Distributor/dp/B00JRGLX3G/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1414683462&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=ibasso+pb2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back