DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Jul 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #7,321 of 14,084
I was looking for a good portable over-ear to go with the dx90 and I can strongly recommend the NAD Viso HP50. I got it today and have put about 4 hours into it by now. It's a very efficient headphones and doesn't require an external amp to sound its best (before this I was using the mad dogs, which required my e12 to sound well). Brilliant combo.

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #7,322 of 14,084
Long time listener, first time caller so go easy on me...

Just wanted to report that I picked up my first serious DAP, the DX90, a couple of weeks ago (previously IPhone with lightning to 30pin adaptor --> line out --> E17) and I'm really appreciating the increase in sound quality (to the extent that I've now just "invested" in a pair of UE 900's...).

For those that had concerns over battery life can I recommend picking up an actual S**sung i9300 battery. It lengthens the battery life by quite a margin (anecdotal so far but zero depletion during my morning listening in work vs half the battery gone with stock.)

Should probably hide my wallet in future, this place is worse than the watch forum i frequent... ;o)

I was an iPod user for over 10 years until I switched to the dx90 a week ago and I'm also very happy.

The fact that the battery is replaceable was a big drawing card, I added a couple of extra batteries and a battery charger to my headphones case and that takes care of battery life :)

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #7,323 of 14,084
Theres been a lot of talks about extra batteries. Noone mentioned the use of powerbanks, I thought they are useful too, especially for longer trips.

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #7,324 of 14,084

Heh, heh..... pick your poison.

Yeah I joined the watch forum with "just an interest in watches, I won;t be buying any new ones"... cue a number of changes later and I'm still not 100% happy with my collection
biggrin.gif

It'll be different here, right? Right?
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #7,325 of 14,084
I was looking for a good portable over-ear to go with the dx90 and I can strongly recommend the NAD Viso HP50. I got it today and have put about 4 hours into it by now. It's a very efficient headphones and doesn't require an external amp to sound its best (before this I was using the mad dogs, which required my e12 to sound well). Brilliant combo.

Oh yeah the NAD Viso HP50 sound awesome!! But unfortunately I already got Bowers & Wilkins P7  T.T
I was an iPod user for over 10 years until I switched to the dx90 a week ago and I'm also very happy.

The fact that the battery is replaceable was a big drawing card, I added a couple of extra batteries and a battery charger to my headphones case and that takes care of battery life
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm iPod user too, my fist iPod will be the 5.5 video that bought back in 2006, I passed it to my girlfriend (Currently there is some malfunction on the hardisk) when I bought the new 5th Gen iPod touch on 2012

now I got my DX90 last month I'm really satisfied with it except for the annoying Playlist
L3000.gif

For the battery life, currently I have the extended battery back cover from my local distributor that I can put a 5500mA battery in it, now it can run approximately 16hours  

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #7,326 of 14,084

Damn, their website gives me a headache! :wink:

I'll probably order the 128GB card soon, I'll let you know how it goes.

I have real bad experience on Sandisk cards that's why I currently using Samsung, but Samsung do not available in 128gb, the biggest availability is only 64gb! Back in my currently location China, most of the cards manufactures will provide a security code on the back of the package, by using the code you can check it on their official web for counterfeit.

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #7,327 of 14,084
  So far I am loving the DX90, however I have come across an issue. When I play an album, after a song is finished, the dx90 will randomly skip to a different song (not the next song in the album) despite my play mode setting being on "order." Anyone else come across this issue? 

I've been using a DX-90 for about a month, and had a similar problem a week ago. At one point the DX-90 started playing "The Mars Volta - El Ciervo Vulnerado" once during every album, no matter what artist. It would return to the correct album and finish it. The issue appears resolved after re-scanning the 128g SD card. My DX-90 came with firmware 2.0 and still has it.

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #7,328 of 14,084

For the battery life, currently I have the extended battery back cover from my local distributor that I can put a 5500mA battery in it, now it can run approximately 16hours  

Where can I get myself that 5500mA battery?

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #7,329 of 14,084

now I got my DX90 last month I'm really satisfied with it except for the annoying Playlist
L3000.gif

Yes, I also use this giant 5500mA battery with the elegant back cover on my dx90.   It not only does extend the running time of the unit to over 15 hours, but also
ROCKS the music !!!   With this giant battery, the SQ is significantly improved - more powerful, extended bass, deeper and wider sound stage, all improved. it looks
like now the unit is powered by an external power amp...!    I will never go back using the 'slim' battery anymore !
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #7,330 of 14,084
I know these sorts of threads can be annoying, but I'm driving myself mad trying to figure out the perfect IEM pairing for my DX90. Right now I have my UE900 which are good, no question. I've been happy with them particularly with classical, but they do lack a little bass and they're not the last word in detail. So I'm thinking that I'm due an upgrade - what are people's recommendations in the $500 - 600ish price range? I'm after detail, instrument separation but a bit more bass impact than my UE900 give to pep up my rock listening. Thoughts, please, would be much appreciated...

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #7,332 of 14,084

Yes, I also use this giant 5500mA battery with the elegant back cover on my dx90.   It not only does extend the running time of the unit to over 15 hours, but also
ROCKS the music !!!   With this giant battery, the SQ is significantly improved - more powerful, extended bass, deeper and wider sound stage, all improved. it looks
like now the unit is powered by an external power amp...!    I will never go back using the 'slim' battery anymore !
evil_smiley.gif

The only problem for the extended cover which is it's can't fit into my leather case any more
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #7,333 of 14,084
  In China, and hello I'm from Malaysia too LOL~~ Where you bought your DX90 in Malaysia?

Hello countryman fellow, I bought from a friend which he bought from jaben china. Where did you get yours?

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #7,334 of 14,084
  Hello countryman fellow, I bought from starpickers which he bought from jaben china. They are very kind and have very good customer service. I've had good experiences with them so yeah bought from them. Where did you get yours?

In China too~~ So how much you get your DX90 from starpickers? Most of my gears I get is from China & Hong Kong, kind of hard to get in Malaysia & the price is higher. Glad to meet you
biggrin.gif
, hard to know people like us in Malaysia~~~

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #7,335 of 14,084
I got it with leather case + foc silicone caes for rm1430.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back