DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,814 of 14,084
I emailed iBasso and 64bit will be implemented in the near future with the provision that you can disable it to use 32bit.

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #3,816 of 14,084
with all the respect to Ibasso that really a good company with quality products. ibasso did
 a mistake when they relased DX90 they need to make at least 100,000 units, they didnt expect to such a high demand
i mean its out of stock after a very short amount of time
and the price pooped out!!  i still wait for it to be in stock again and the price will be
back (419$) for the rest of us.

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #3,817 of 14,084
  I emailed iBasso and 64bit will be implemented in the near future with the provision that you can disable it to use 32bit.

Will IBasso provide a driver for Mac OS X as well or only Windows?

John, can you please find out a little more about the driver story. Disabling the 32-bit is somewhat far fetched and no timeframe has been provided as to when we should expect the drivers to be released, even an approximate timeframe is better than none. On the Mac side, what was their exact explanation for not doing it, was it a hardware issue, software incompatibility issue, what was it?

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #3,818 of 14,084
Hi guys,

do you know if DX90 will support a "charge only" USB mode? so that we can charge it, while listening to music when it's conected to a computer? It would be great since I don't have a dedicated charger at work ... And I noticed it was working that way when connected to a charger ...
thanks in advance for your answers

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #3,821 of 14,084

John, can you please find out a little more about the driver story. Disabling the 32-bit is somewhat far fetched and no timeframe has been provided as to when we should expect the drivers to be released, even an approximate timeframe is better than none. On the Mac side, what was their exact explanation for not doing it, was it a hardware issue, software incompatibility issue, what was it?

The thing that is bothersome to me is that, you cannot say if something has a certain feature unless it already does.  How do they know the drivers will make it functional?  Did they ever have a prototype working as a standalone USB source?  

If you say drivers to get it work, how do they know they only need the drivers for it to work?  I'm uneasy about this.

I'm assuming they are working on the drivers and not sure if that feature would work.

Also, I'm curious how the LO works.

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #3,822 of 14,084
Hi guys,

do you know if DX90 will support a "charge only" USB mode? so that we can charge it, while listening to music when it's conected to a computer? It would be great since I don't have a dedicated charger at work ... And I noticed it was working that way when connected to a charger ...
thanks in advance for your answers

You need a charge only USB cable...

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3,825 of 14,084
I'm new to HiFi DAPs (coming from cowon J3), I'm the typical lazy/picky newbee tht expect such a comon feature (in cameras, phones, ...) to be implemented at software level, rather than tweaking cables :wink:
I appreciate all your prompt answers don't get me wrong, but iBasso seems to have dedicated all efforts on the sound (brilliant), and neglected the software ... but thanks again for your answers, I'll shout a feature request to iBasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back