DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #3,031 of 14,084
  Please note that the only way to make batteries that cheap is to use the cheapest possible materials and skimp on the QC. Oh and for most of the cheapo batteries, the mAH figures are basically made up. You don't have to buy original Samsung batteries, but at least get an Anker battery or other recognized brand. Yes, they're more expensive but they probably won't blow up in your DX90, turning your DAP into a $419 paperweight. Also, I'm fairly certain that a 2100mah Anker battery will last longer than a $3 "2900 mah" battery.

You are definitely right. My HTC Vivid has one of these type of cheapo batteries and it use to last for up to 30 hours. Then less than 4 months later, the battery went down to 10 hours, maybe up to 12 hours. Go for a recognized brand and you won't go wrong. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #3,033 of 14,084
Which headphones did you prefer/like?

I loved the LCD-3 the most there because HD650 wasn't there and I am a 650 fan<3
Aerosmith and the lcd-3 was amazing because of all the energy and the bass(i was listening to walk this way)
I think AK240s got plenty of energy but I'm not sure if it's got the best subtlety,
Oh, and I though LCD3 sounded similar to 650 but better in some ways ( I still love 650 more<3)

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #3,034 of 14,084
 I loved the LCD-3 the most there because HD650 wasn't there and I am a 650 fan<3
Aerosmith and the lcd-3 was amazing because of all the energy and the bass(i was listening to walk this way)
I think AK240s got plenty of energy but I'm not sure if it's got the best subtlety,
Oh, and I though LCD3 sounded similar to 650 but better in some ways ( I still love 650 more<3)

Thanks, I have a pair of HD600 and love them to death but am hesitant to buy at the next level because that model to me already sounds so sweet. I was thinking about the HD800 however its size seems to a bit too large. I did hear great things about its performance. I am looking at open headphones because I just love the natural sound it creates. Isolation is not an issue for me. Now with the DX90, I feel I should get a better headphone in order to truly experience the better sq. My only hesitation is obviously price. :frowning2:

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #3,035 of 14,084
Me too, looks like it went from one side of the warehouse to the other.
biggrin.gif

They said it has been picked up so now here it will go.

Exciting
beerchug.gif

It's on the move So exciting.
beerchug.gif
(beta-pigs stand by)

Btw, FYI guys I talked to DHL and they said I can just leave a note on my door if I don't have anyone to sign for it.

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #3,036 of 14,084
Thanks, I have a pair of HD600 and love them to death but am hesitant to buy at the next level because that model to me already sounds so sweet. I was thinking about the HD800 however its size seems to a bit too large. I did hear great things about its performance. I am looking at open headphones because I just love the natural sound it creates. Isolation is not an issue for me. Now with the DX90, I feel I should get a better headphone in order to truly experience the better sq. My only hesitation is obviously price.
frown.gif

See if you can get to try out the HE500 
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #3,038 of 14,084
Thanks, I have a pair of HD600 and love them to death but am hesitant to buy at the next level because that model to me already sounds so sweet. I was thinking about the HD800 however its size seems to a bit too large. I did hear great things about its performance. I am looking at open headphones because I just love the natural sound it creates. Isolation is not an issue for me. Now with the DX90, I feel I should get a better headphone in order to truly experience the better sq. My only hesitation is obviously price.
frown.gif

uhhh, I don't know if you should do that though. I wouldn't plug anything like the HD600 into a portable player, let alone a portable amp.

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #3,042 of 14,084
Apr 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #3,044 of 14,084

Or a RSA SR71-B

Or the Rx Mk IIIb.

In other words, there are plenty portable amps out there that are more than capable of properly driving the HD600, HD650, HE-500 and even the mighty Beyer T1.

None of those cans are particularly suited for a ride on the bus, but for chilling in the garden or on the couch, I really do love my (trans)portable rig. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #3,045 of 14,084
Indeed. I probably use my DX50 with SR71-B with all my phones more than I do my big home rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back