DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Dec 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #16 of 14,084
  If this really does come out at less than $500, it will for sure replace my DX50.  I think I tend to like the slightly more bright/analytical chips like Sabre or Sony's S-Master over the Wolfson.  With dual mono DAC's, for close to $1000 less than the AK120, this could be huge for Ibasso.

And dual Sabre dacs. iRiver just charges way too much. I have to relax a little. I am really looking forward to this. Same size as the DX50 and such power in both a dac and while not as much as the DX100 in output, still plenty for most all applications. Fun, fun. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #18 of 14,084
  And dual Sabre dacs. iRiver just charges way too much. I have to relax a little. I am really looking forward to this. Same size as the DX50 and such power in both a dac and while not as much as the DX100 in output, still plenty for most all applications. Fun, fun. 

I'm not too worried about power, as long as it has a good strong line-out.  I run a RSA Shadow amp for my IEMS and a Hornet for my HD700's around the house.  But a DAP implementing dual Sabre chips is music to my ears!
ksc75smile.gif
dt880smile.png

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #19 of 14,084

Dual Saber dacs and affordable, woohoo!!!! Where should I wait in line?
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #20 of 14,084
Dec 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #23 of 14,084
  Nice. Presume the built in storage will only be a poverty 8GB like the 50? I have a 64GB microSD card in any case, but more storage is always welcome.

8gb. Possibly a different type than the DX50 but 8gb. I don't mind as I prefer to change out my music and internal storage is nice but even on the DX100 I rarely use it. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #24 of 14,084
Turn the oven on boys, lets hope iBasso cook this DAP to 90% done rather than the mess DX50 was release as. My confidence meter is raging through the roof. Sarcasm/

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #25 of 14,084
Turn the oven on boys, lets hope iBasso cook this DAP to 90% done rather than the mess DX50 was release as. My confidence meter is raging through the roof. Sarcasm/

If only we could harvest your moaning, complaining, whining, and sarcasm into a form of energy. We'd be able to generate enough electricity to power a small country.

On topic: looks to be pretty interesting. Don't think I'll be buying one, but interesting nonetheless.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #26 of 14,084
Isnt it mean dual cpu instead of dual sabre chips?

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #27 of 14,084
I think the best news is that it's using the DX50 UI, which means the firmware updates for us DX50 users probably won't be stopping any time soon.

Win win for everyone.

If that's true then God speed, you poor souls are gonna need it.
(Wanders away glad he is no longer interested in iBasso products)

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #28 of 14,084
If that's true then God speed, you poor souls are gonna need it.
(Wanders away glad he is no longer interested in iBasso products)

But DigitalFreak...You loved your DX50% baked! 
tongue.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #29 of 14,084
  If only we could harvest your moaning, complaining, whining, and sarcasm into a form of energy. We'd be able to generate enough electricity to power a small country.

On topic: looks to be pretty interesting. Don't think I'll be buying one, but interesting nonetheless.

Spare the small country and send all the energy to iBasso's firmware team, Much better focused there IMO. I'm sorry I bought an IBasso DX50% baked and wasn't happy with it's performance, I'm sorry the UI was buggy as hell and made me want to smash it, I'm sorry I couldn't update the firmware almost everytime without it freezing.

I'm sorry, for having an opinion Hobgobblinpie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back