DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,861 of 14,084
Cruel joke? None of us would know anything about this and for so long if it wasn't for Jamato, just go see the very first post on the thread, give the guy a break. I just can't wait like most of you but then I'm already sold, mostly thanks to Jamato tbh. :D

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #1,863 of 14,084
You do realize that 99.9% of those sharing their impressions on this site also has a life offline, right? We have kids, homes and jobs. In Jamato's case, he works 12 hour shifts at an Alaskan ER.

"You got mauled by a bear? Sorry can't help you, see I'm writing a review of a DAP. YES, it's ******* important, there's a guy on Head-Fi eagerly waiting to read my impressions of a DAP he can't even order yet! Now shut up and stop bleeding on the floor, I'll be with you in 4-5 hours."

^ this sums it up perfectly

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,864 of 14,084

confused_face(1).gif

That's just a switch. 
Position up: DX50
Position down: DX90

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,865 of 14,084
  Stop ducking the question
tongue_smile.gif

Nothing in this world stands on it's own - everything is relative!

So I still wanna know how the DX90 sounds relative to how the DX100 sounds!
biggrin.gif

I will try and do a listen to both tomorrow. First day off in a while. I have been writing on my lunch break, impressions to this thread, and listening some at night before going to bed. Not much time. 

i think jamato is playing us with his ridicule review of the 90, stop being such a pain and do a proper review , I think i wish that someone else got that Dx90 than jamato as he is not doing us a good by writing his experience so far

I often write of impressions as I go along in a thread. I get bored reading a big review. All you have to do is look at my input so far on the DX90. I have worked almost 90 hours in one week. So as you can see, to sound somewhat intelligent, I need some time and rest. It is about the music after all and the joy. 

What I can say is that this dap brings me joy, even if I can only listen for short periods right now. I take it very, very serious that I do not mislead anyone on what I am hearing. I would feel very guilty if someone was unhappy because I mislead them. For the joy of music. 

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #1,870 of 14,084
  I will try and do a listen to both tomorrow. First day off in a while. I have been writing on my lunch break, impressions to this thread, and listening some at night before going to bed. Not much time. 

I often write of impressions as I go along in a thread. I get bored reading a big review. All you have to do is look at my input so far on the DX90. I have worked almost 90 hours in one week. So as you can see, to sound somewhat intelligent, I need some time and rest. It is about the music after all and the joy. 

What I can say is that this dap brings me joy, even if I can only listen for short periods right now. I take it very, very serious that I do not mislead anyone on what I am hearing. I would feel very guilty if someone was unhappy because I mislead them. For the joy of music. 

Jamato8,

I just want to tell you that I think we all seriously appreciate the impressions you've already passed on to us.  I think the impatience and anxiety in the thread is just because it's so close, but so far, from the release date and we are all chomping at the bit to hear all we can.  I can completely identify with the workload you are under and hope that you can soon find the time to rest, relax, and just enjoy the music.
biggrin.gif
  As anxious as we may be for impressions, you need to take all the time you can to take care of yourself first.  We Head-Fi'ers can wait a little longer.
wink_face.gif

Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

PS - Now, I'm going to go listen to my DX50 and Dunu DN1000 and wait patiently for the DX90 and Dunu DN2000 releases...
popcorn.gif

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #1,872 of 14,084
Doing a propper review takes time. Wanting a review is not disrespectfull but saying that somebody don't deserve to have demo unit because he has not yet had the time in a busy real life to put that review together is. If you spend a little time looking around on this site you will find Jamato is certainly no fake trying to pull a fast one. He has been around longer than most members and has a very good track record.

Writing a proper review is not an easy task. What is funny is product is not even out yet, what is the rush it is not like dx90 is going to be a limited item!

Having written two fairly long reviews myself, the Glacier review taking just under 2 hours to write and the 627 MICRO review 4-5 hours, I wholeheartedly agree with both of these people that writing a (good) review takes time, effort and a good amount of sleep, which Jamato seems to lack due to his hectic daily life.

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #1,874 of 14,084
It's been said many times before, no one owes anybody anything. The reviewers provide evaluations/impressions from the kindness of their heart, for the love of music and technology and to share their experiences with others. That we choose to do anything with it is up to us but that does not give us the green light to demand or disrespect the reviewer.

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #1,875 of 14,084
  It's been said many times before, no one owes anybody anything. The reviewers provide evaluations/impressions from the kindness of their heart, for the love of music and technology and to share their experiences with others. That we choose to do anything with it is up to us but that does not give us the green light to demand or disrespect the reviewer.

It's somewhat similar to demanding free soup from a charity soup kitchen when they've got hundreds of homeless to feed. 

Going back on-topic, I'm seriously considering buying this DAP to pair with my 627 MICRO and selling my DX50. It's probably the number 1 on my shortlist currently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back