Sep 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #646 of 1,212

New firmware is out: 1.2.0
Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip

Functions Added:
1, Playlist function added;
2, Support CUE;
3, Support multi-language.

Thanks for always being on top of things.  DX100 too.  
beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #647 of 1,212
Okay, so, as far as I can tell, iBasso didn't list everything they've re-done/added. Things I've noticed so far:

Option for the DX50 to never auto-off added.
Listing problem I mentioned half an hour ago fixed.
Scanning seems much quicker. Although I had to do it in two goes, it did the first scan in 5 minutes, and the second half in 30 seconds.

The only feature for me that really needs to be added at the moment is the remembering of where you were in the list in Directory mode (still takes you to the top of the list when you go back one level).

Aside from that and general stability fixes, I would be content - though I do still have a long list of things I wish would be added.

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #648 of 1,212
Regarding OS, is there a chance for DX50 to have a RockBox?

I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but one of RB devs answered to one of the users as follows: "
If its Android, you should be able to run the existing rockbox android port on it.  Not really a new port though."

Any thoughts anyone?

Sep 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #649 of 1,212
Regarding OS, is there a chance for DX50 to have a RockBox?

I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but one of RB devs answered to one of the users as follows: "

If its Android, you should be able to run the existing rockbox android port on it.  Not really a new port though."

Any thoughts anyone?
No.

Sep 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #651 of 1,212
LOL they'll never open their doors to Rockbox...it's not something iBasso "does". Hell, we've been trying to get them to open the crappy OS on the DX100 for ages...fat chance on the "fitty"...

lol

Steve from NYC

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #652 of 1,212
  Okay, so, as far as I can tell, iBasso didn't list everything they've re-done/added. Things I've noticed so far:

Option for the DX50 to never auto-off added.
Listing problem I mentioned half an hour ago fixed.
Scanning seems much quicker. Although I had to do it in two goes, it did the first scan in 5 minutes, and the second half in 30 seconds.

The only feature for me that really needs to be added at the moment is the remembering of where you were in the list in Directory mode (still takes you to the top of the list when you go back one level).

Aside from that and general stability fixes, I would be content - though I do still have a long list of things I wish would be added.

I agree. That could be a great addition as it would make finding the next song/artist much much easier.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #653 of 1,212
Welcome to the scanning sucking club. To be honest I still don't know why it isn't smart enough to know that nothing has changed for days. If you shutdown and restart, scanning shows up. It might do similarly on wake up but don't quote me on that.

It is if the the scan has been fully completed. As I have commented earlier and more than once, excessive length filenames caused me all sorts of trouble getting a complete scan. By using a utility to shorten my names to 30 characters, I get a complete scan. And it doesn't rescan unless I plug into a PC an add files or remove and reinsert the SD card.

And for the guys restarting their DX to complete scans, just set the auto shutdown to 30 mins or Never in 1.2.0. You can reset to your desired timeout period later.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #654 of 1,212
I am slightly frustrated here.

I went ahead and installed the newest update, which seemed to install fine then when the player left recovery to reboot at the end it won't go any further than the iBasso start up screen hanging there, it also seems to flash a little every 5-10 seconds. What I want't to do is boot in recovery again, but I don't remember which volume you press.

How do I boot into recovery?

Edit: I got it going.

Doing a system reset from recovery has brought it back to life. I must say though it's a little frustrating, considering the last update went ok.

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #655 of 1,212

I went ahead and installed the newest update, which seemed to install fine then when the player left recovery to reboot at the end it won't go any further than the iBasso start up screen hanging there, it also seems to flash a little every 5-10 seconds. What I want't to do is boot in recovery again, but I don't remember which volume you press.

If I remember correctly it's all 3. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #657 of 1,212
It is if the the scan has been fully completed. As I have commented earlier and more than once, excessive length filenames caused me all sorts of trouble getting a complete scan. By using a utility to shorten my names to 30 characters, I get a complete scan. And it doesn't rescan unless I plug into a PC an add files or remove and reinsert the SD card.

And for the guys restarting their DX to complete scans, just set the auto shutdown to 30 mins or Never in 1.2.0. You can reset to your desired timeout period later.

Thanks I thought I have been very thorough resizing the file names nut noticed I still had some so back to the cutting board. :)

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #658 of 1,212

Edit: I got it going.

Doing a system reset from recovery has brought it back to life. I must say though it's a little frustrating, considering the last update went ok.

It's actually two, the power button and plus volume button.

By the way this is my first time having to go into recovery mode, I got the welcome screen that never went away, that has to be from the new firmware, never ever had to do it before.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #659 of 1,212
uuuhm, guys, don't burn me on fire over this but I think I may be possibly hearing bit MORE hiss now that I've installed the new firmware V1.2 
confused_face.gif

I don't know, maybe I became even more sensitive to higher frequencies while I was updating the DX50...

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #660 of 1,212
For myself, I need to do a factory reset first before I could proceed with the update.
Or else, my laptop just could not detect the usd device properly...

When it completes, there are 3 options and the first one is reboot (blue text).
However, at the bottom of the screen, there are some yellow text that says something like "not able to find file and installation fails"...
But once I select Reboot and when it came back, i go to system options, and it did shows the new firmware V1.2.0.

So am I successful with my firmware upgrade ?
I tried to factory reset and do the same thing , but the same happens (as above).

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back