DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #601 of 1,212

Is that for 24bit FLAC albums?  I did that (use 01, 02, etc) and it did not work.  I use MP3tag as well and it takes me a lot longer than that but maybe I'm taking the ultra conservative route because I like to do things by album with all detail as not to lose any info.  I have over 30,000 files in my library.  I spent a lot of time cleaning things up with the DX100 so I expect iBasso to apply the same rules to the DX50.  I'll wait rather than manipulating my tags to adhere to a single device.  If it doesn't happen consider this one for sale.

***all of this should be sooo much easier.  With my vinyl collection all I have to do is look at the cover/record and put the record on.  Weren't things suppose to get easier with digital?

A digital DAP done right won't have this problems.  My Sony DAPs play the problem files without a problems.  Again, I'm enjoying the sound of my DX50 but the whole songs not showing up or not play in order must be rectified.  I continue to have scan and re-scan for albums to show up.  I hope ibasso will release the next firmware update soon. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #604 of 1,212
A digital DAP done right won't have this problems.  My Sony DAPs play the problem files without a problems.  Again, I'm enjoying the sound of my DX50 but the whole songs not showing up or not play in order must be rectified.  I continue to have scan and re-scan for albums to show up.  I hope ibasso will release the next firmware update soon. 

If you are repeatedly scanning, I suggest you check for one or more extra long filenames. While I used 30 as my length limit, the maximum may be more but it worked for me. My DX50 no longer asks to scan my SD card at startup unless I eject the card and all albums display and correctly. I also used CopyInOrder to transfer my files to the card.

Tip: look at your classical files. The default filenames of classic tracks from HDTracks can be very long by the time they show the performers, work name, opus, etc.

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #607 of 1,212
bug? in random play the back button should go to the previously played track not another random track

Yup. Don't think it's a bug though. I think a randomiser is used to pick the next track. No pre-generated randomised playlist and the player doesn't remember the past track(s) played so there is no going back using rewind :)

Personally I prefer either a randomised playlist or at least remember the last few tracks with a randomiser to determine next tracks.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #608 of 1,212
Hi,
Thank you for your email.

We also noticed the battery capacity detector doesnt work well. We will adjust it on the next firmware update.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

2013/9/27 doki81  

Hi iBasso,  
would like to check when the smart battery status will be added to dx50? yesterday my dx50 suppose to have 20-30% battery left but after playing 4 songs and the player straight away dead due to battery flat....

somehow the battery status seem to be something wrong and cannot get the proper battery reading. i am on the latest 1.1.6 fw..

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #610 of 1,212
I have a problem with the charging cable. I believe it have damaged the left side of my usb3.0 port in my front panel. Can ibasso give a statement about the cables it uses? I tried connecting my ASUS cable with it, and all was fine.

Does anyone have this problem?

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #611 of 1,212
  I had a search under 'volume', but couldn't find anything.

There's a bug I have found and it's happened twice in a couple of hours.

When I'm going up and down volume finding the right listening level, on two occasions the volume has gone mental and started increasing in segments on it's own getting louder and louder, when it does this I have no control over the volume buttons and the touch screen becomes unresponsive afterwards, I'm left no choice but to rip the headphone jack out as it keeps increasing to full I imagine, the only way to bring it back to normal regaining volume  control and touch screen is by rebooting. 

Anyone else had their volume go crazy on them?

I had one occasion of the volume going all the way down (when I was trying to lower the volume). Long holding the on/off button to restart the device and volume could be adjusted again. Couldn't reproduce the problem again, but I think it might have something to do with multiple presses of the volume button while there are other tasks being performed by the processor.

It has happened to me a few times, it only seems to happen when I unlock the player to change the volume without using the power button to activate the screen. So far it has not happened if I activate the screen with the power button after unlocking the player.

I just had the same thing - had to rip the cable out as it shot up to max volume. I had to reboot the unit as I had no control over it.

Yes, this happened to me today. I played a 16/44 Flac file and adjusted the volume at the beginning of the song and the volume shot up to MAX and started hissing pretty bad. The only thing I could do was pull the headphone jack and hold the power button for a reboot because it froze.

I posted this in the DX50 Appreciation thread earlier today and someone else responded that it has happened to them as well. I'll post his response below:

"Can anyone say if FW 1.1.6 fixed the volume shooting up to max randomly? "

This happened to me the other day (after I had read about it!) and i have the 1.1.6 update. Only happened the once though and again, with all the bugs I have personally found, it was with a 24/96 hi rez file - With these hirez I think the device likes to have the time to process each request to completion. By that, I mean if you start pressing buttons too fast it can't keep up and freaks out!  

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #615 of 1,212
Yeah its a bit odd. With some albums I have to manually skip to the next track cos it won't automatically play it.

Not having that problem now but was when the scans were incomplete. So question:

1. Are all your albums scanned in completely?
2. Do you select what to play from Album or directory, and if the latter, does it sometimes need to scan that folder if not previously played?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back