DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix
Sep 13, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #211 of 1,212
It really makes me wonder if these guys truly test this stuff before it goes out the door?

Well if I m not mistaken this is not officially released for general consumption but just for a few users who had more serious issues to try via email?

I would probably only update when it is officially released TOGETHER with the original 1.00 firmware made available for downgrade. Made the mistake with AK120 and they never gave us the 1.00 for those who want to go back. :frowning2:

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #212 of 1,212
Well if I m not mistaken this is not officially released for general consumption but just for a few users who had more serious issues to try via email?

I would probably only update when it is officially released TOGETHER with the original 1.00 firmware made available for downgrade. Made the mistake with AK120 and they never gave us the 1.00 for those who want to go back.
frown.gif

I posted a link to the 1.00 firmware quite some time ago. But once I went back I found it to be muddy compared to 1.11 (also another unofficial FW) with Listrid 2.0 applied. Let this be a lesson though. I think in such situations the person should test out the firmware themselves to confirm any issues before putting it out there for others. I experienced this recently with the Studio V and it was a bit embarrassing to be honest lol.... I agree in the event the original firmware isn't available for download one shouldn't take the risk of upgrading.

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #213 of 1,212
Does anyone else have random clicking / ticking noises on playing 24/192 and 24/96 files (original firmware)?

I experienced this but very occasionally that i am not bothered by it so much.. My experienced with ibasso db2 gave a consistent ticking noise when playing 24/192 which i had to downsample to 96... Dx50 is a lot better with 24/192 before the beta software....

@kkcc u should have posted a lot earlier with your sensible comment, now is no going back.... :frowning2:

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #214 of 1,212
@kkcc u should have posted a lot earlier with your sensible comment, now is no going back.... :frowning2:

Had a busy work day and didn't get on HF till now... but I probably would still end up ignoring my senses and go on with the update. Worse case will just pick up another from Mingo or wherever.... :D

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #215 of 1,212
my experiences of updated firmware....

1) easy to install with no hiccups - follow the read me (ensure sd card is NOT in the player)
2) navigation to me seems much quicker and slicker
3) many less freezes or re-sets required (one so far)
4) seems to scan better when turned on
5) skips much better through albums

issues...

1) still unsure if ' problem fixed - however me re-naming seems to have worked in all cases
2) re-arranged one of my albums
3) when browsing by album repeated pictures
4) doesn't go back to last scroll point

if points 1, 3 & 4 could be resolved this could well be my perfect dap - the fw has improved things for me though

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #216 of 1,212
Has the FW update at least fixed the channel reversal issue?

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #217 of 1,212
Have not experienced it since update but i did not experience before the update so what do i know... LoL
I have an adapter now that reverse their reverse... Ibasso u cant get me....

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #220 of 1,212
People sell those?

Kkcc pointed me a taobao link that sells trrs to trs adapter and the purchase is 3 adapters together... One of them can reverse the channel... I cant say i did not have a bit of fun playing with it...

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #221 of 1,212
It seems it does fix a few things but not there yet, I am camping now my dap has gotten a lot more stable and the sound is just beautiful with my iems so why risk it. Ha who am I kidding I might go take the plunge, is it worth it?

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #222 of 1,212
I find that on the original FW, pausing and restarting the track can randomly swap the channels.

If the new FW can fix this, I will gladly forego the ability to (half) play HD files!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back