DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Aug 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #3,001 of 3,609
Quote:
Stuff like this is why I have so much faith in Ibasso. If there's a problem, they acknowledge it, solve it and do their absolute best to keep the customer happy. Remember when Schiit amps were KILLING headphones and they tried to pass it off as no big deal?

No, and not to derail, but which amp? I have the Lyr. 
========

Another DAP manufacture beside FiiO also had a case problem and that held up production for about 2 months. A free battery will be remembered long after the short delay for the dap. Nice gesture. 

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #3,002 of 3,609
Great amp btw the Lyr, I miss mine.....but to answer your question....it was a fiasco with the Asgard amp if I recall and caused the creator of the Objective amp to get banned from head fi when challenging Schiit.  Schiit makes excellent products and I swore by them (recently sold off the Gungnir, Lyr, and Mjolnir combo) but that whole incident was not so great......least they made up for it and fixed all the units going forward and current models out in the wild I think by adding a relay.  I have never had trouble with their products but I did read about that particular blemish on their history when I was investigating the Schiit brand.

I think iBasso stating guaranteed satisfaction with the build and sound quality from the DX50 sounds pretty promising.  =)

"We also promise you will be satisfied with both of the DX50's build quality and sound quality.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #3,003 of 3,609
Quote:
In couple months none no one will remember those additional days of waiting.

Yeah....but these hundreds and hundreds of meaningless posts will be here forever. 
frown.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #3,006 of 3,609
Meh. I can wait. At least they are addressing the issue with a spare battery.

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk 4

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #3,007 of 3,609
This is why you wait for the second or third batch, when things settle down, we send all you keen Guinea pigs in on the front line to test the water levels, report all the bugs present, then you buy afterwards when a firmware update has been released and ibasso have had time to catch up with production.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #3,008 of 3,609
Quote:
This is why you wait for the second or third batch, when things settle down, we send all you keen Guinea pigs in on the front line to test the water levels, report all the bugs present, then you buy afterwards when a firmware update has been released and ibasso have had time to catch up with production.

yeah, we all know all of that stuff but the sad truth is that you're still gonna get it anyways, so you might as well do it right now...

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #3,011 of 3,609
Quote:
Just got the email. Complete garbage. I don't need a spare battery.

Quote:
Just emailed them to keep the spare battery and just refund me the cost of the battery.

The spare battery that iBasso is offering is complimentary due to delay caused.
I do not believe that they are obliged to refund you the cost of the battery; you either accept it, or instruct them not to bother.

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #3,012 of 3,609
Gadget foreplay; gotta built up that audophile tension.  You know you want a DX50, you want it hard!

Sorry but thats just too geeky!
You know i dont do funny business with portable audio devices... I maintain very healthy social relationships with the opposite sex as long as they own at least 5 sets of earphones,3 mp3 players and 3 amps...LoL

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #3,013 of 3,609
Quote:
I think iBasso has no case problem..they are just having fun seeing everybody going crazy with the wait and wanted to enjoy a bit more.

Or collect $125,000 or so you can settle up with the company that did the actual assembly, take delivery and start shipping?  Plus have enough money over to start building the second batch.  If I wasn't sure of the market I would be reluctant to make 500 units on spec.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #3,015 of 3,609
Quote:

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back