DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Jul 13, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #782 of 1,449
Has anyone tried their ZMF Calderas with the DX320 MAX? How does it drive it, sound impressions?
It sounds incredible!

Even better than paired up on BHA-1 desktop headphone amp, which has always been a favorite of mine :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 23, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #783 of 1,449
Is anyone having issues with interference and channels cut out when you increase or decrease the volume?

Jul 23, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #784 of 1,449
Jul 23, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #785 of 1,449
Is anyone having issues with interference and channels cut out when you increase or decrease the volume?
Not so much interference, but if I click the volume knob too far forward or back, I can lose a channel. Once I rock it back, the channel comes back. There's a sweet spot where the attenuator locks in at every click, and the volume knob has a tiny bit of play that lets you turn it past that spot. I think its because the knob is not super tightly connected to the shaft. I've had to remove the knob and push it back on the shaft with a little tape to make it fit more tightly.

Jul 23, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #786 of 1,449
Lol is this normal?!?! How this problem can be take it as normal??? What!
🤦
This is normal. It is a ladder attenuator and with a size never done before. They have always require a desktop amp and they miniaturized it. Having an analog volume control is an excellent way to go and to have one that is a ladder attenuator is part of what makes the DX320MAX the best sounding dap on the market, and yes, I have compared it to most other daps.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #787 of 1,449
Lol is this normal?!?! How this problem can be take it as normal??? What!
🤦
Even on desktop uber expensive headphone amplifiers, stepped attenuators do this effect, where they cut in between channels. iBasso actually has a better integration than most of the competition, where, for example, Wells Milo doesn't cut the volume but actually plays it at 100% volume in between channels.

iBasso has the best implementation of a really good listening solution I would say, it really sounds awesome and really does not have channel imbalance in between steps. But finding the steps and the sweet spot in the step is what comes as the cost for having the advantages.

At any rate, don't be too concerned with it, it is normal and this is how it is supposed to work.

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #788 of 1,449
Question for the group. I was just offered to upgrade m dx300 to the dx320max ti for the price of the 320max ti minus the price i paid for the dx300. Does it make any sense to upgrade? Figured you would have some insights into this. I also want to remain semi portable and I know this is a bit bigger. Is it too big to keep as portable?
Thanks all. Going to cross post in dx300 group for their thoughts as well.

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #789 of 1,449
After following this thread and seeing all the noise and confusion about the stepped attenuator, I must say, I cannot wait to release my article because it explains EVERYTHING from A to Z. Hopefully it will clear all the confusion about the analog volume control design and characteristics..

I just now realize that I haven't even posted when the DX320MAX arrived to me. Forgive me, I have been busy listening to music. Actually, I found myself listening to music way more often than I would otherwise, the DX320MAX really inspires you to enjoy your favorite tunes!
DSC_0050.JPG

Jul 24, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #790 of 1,449
Question for the group. I was just offered to upgrade m dx300 to the dx320max ti for the price of the 320max ti minus the price i paid for the dx300. Does it make any sense to upgrade? Figured you would have some insights into this. I also want to remain semi portable and I know this is a bit bigger. Is it too big to keep as portable?

I think that the new MAX TI is a really nice upgrade from DX300. If you had DX320, it might have been different, they are really different, and DX320 and DX320 MAX TI both are using the new ROHM DACs that improved the dynamic range, overall detail and resolution greatly, so it would be a nice upgrade.

About the size and portability, you really have to ask those questions yourself, most people in this thread won't mind a heavy DAP, but I recently decided to not keep ASUS ROG 7 smartphone becuase it is too thick and big, so if you can keep a thick and heavy DAP will be up to you, I see DAPs different from smartphones and I can, but it really has to be a good fit for you.

The sonic upgrade should be not just noticeable but really good.

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #791 of 1,449
I use it mostly as a portable desk solution. I don't really carry it in my pocket to walk around but allows me to have a full setup no matter where I work. So has been nice to take to the office or work in the house away from my desk

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #793 of 1,449
To use streaming services on the go do you have to use your phone as a hotspot or is there a better way?
Pretty obvious you need wifi or cellular service to connect everything. You can use your max at any McDonald's or Starbucks etc. with free wifi to connect to your streaming apps or use your phone cellular Hotspot. Also, your home wifi plan might come with millions of free wifi Hotspot. My Xfinity/comcast home wifi comes with free Hotspot everywhere on the go. 👍

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #794 of 1,449
Any comparison between the DX320 Max Ti vs DX300 Max Ti?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back