DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Apr 26, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #9,691 of 10,359
That can’t be anymore wrong, the 320Max is more powerful, better specs, Quadrupled DAC chips, no modular designs, tuned for high end music

The 320X is more of a side grade. The Max is an upgrade. Also whoever answered that is wrong. There's 888 units not 500. The specs are different as well.

Apr 27, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #9,692 of 10,359
That can’t be anymore wrong, the 320Max is more powerful, better specs, Quadrupled DAC chips, no modular designs, tuned for high end music

I was thinking the same, MAX should be considerably in another class from the traditional DX320 regardless whether it is DX320 special version or it, just based on the DAC and different sonic architecture.

I believe that sometimes this is true, but I also (sometimes) find it hard to hear advice from someone who bought it with their own money. Some of those people tend to defend their high dollar device with subjective only comments and advice bordering on illogical.

Having said that, unless those that don't purchase them are "shills", they have no skin in the game (so to speak) and are more apt to be non-biased one way or the other (the ones that do it right that is). I have heard a lot of @Dobrescu George's reviews, and I think he tries to be as objective and unbiased as possible (IMHO).

Thank you!

How is he supposed to reply to you? If regarding what he has bought or hasn't bought, that is his business. I would not be disrespectful in asking what you have purchased and what you haven't. And with regards to reviewers, most, that do a good job do purchase by the work that they do as it takes a lot of time and effort. There is no free ride.

Thank you!

The 320X is more of a side grade. The Max is an upgrade. Also whoever answered that is wrong. There's 888 units not 500. The specs are different as well.

I also remmebered reading about 888 units

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #9,693 of 10,359
Just got my DX320 and loving it but all of a sudden the Mango player has stopped working properly, I press play and it it just cycles through all the songs and plays nothing, any ideas how to sort this? Mango OS works fine.

Thanks

Apr 27, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #9,694 of 10,359
Just got my DX320 and loving it but all of a sudden the Mango player has stopped working properly, I press play and it it just cycles through all the songs and plays nothing, any ideas how to sort this? Mango OS works fine.

Thanks

You can try a factory reset. Have not encountered this, but if Mango OS would not have worked, I would have assumed the microSD card has problems.

I had this happen once with a DAP when I removed the microSD card and forgot there was no card inside

Apr 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #9,695 of 10,359
I hate my device but I can’t find replacement

What do you want from a replacement? I assume same tier of DAP. A&K, Sony, RS8 are all options. I know you didn't like the N8ii but maybe give the N7 a try, it's whole different beast then anything that has come before so you might like it.

Thanks for the info, can you share dx320 board pics? What’s inside? So that later we can have reference to compare to 320max
Also have you opened both X edition and regular? Are boards same quality?

Boards for the X and regular should be the same. Only change should the case

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #9,696 of 10,359

Thanks
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

The way that Mango works (in both Mango OS and android) is that it uses an "on the fly" database. It is not quite like Neutron or UAPP that scan, then store the database. If you take the card out before powering down the device Mango WILL lose connection with the source even though it retains the database. Either that, or your card (or network source) has failed. I am not sure if the app has to mount the source (and stay connected to it) separately from the OS or what, but it seems like that, whereas UAPP and Neutron just create a simple database file and only use that. The point is that even though it retains the database of songs you scanned, it loses connection with the source and the only way to fix it is to rescan the library again.

This happens to me sometimes because I use my 1TB card in both the DX300 and the DX160 and sometimes forget to power down before switching cards (even if the app is closed). This doesn't happen with the other aforementioned music player apps. BTW! This is also another reason I don't use Mango anymore, because it seems as though I have to rescan my library quite often, and it takes quite a while with 30K songs.

If your music source is still good (be it micro-SD card or network source), you SHOULD be able to simply rescan your library.
Boards for the X and regular should be the same. Only change should the case
I must have been having a brain fart when I said earlier that the MAX and edition X were the same internally.... I know better than that... Maybe I was thinking about the Edition X and the regular DX320, which ARE indeed the same internally. Apologies if I helped in misleading anyone. :)

I also should have noticed the 500 units claim because I remember making a comment about 888 being an odd number, and @jamato8 informed me of cultural meanings that might be behind the overall numbers being released.

Apr 27, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #9,697 of 10,359
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

The way that Mango works (in both Mango OS and android) is that it uses an "on the fly" database. It is not quite like Neutron or UAPP that scan, then store the database. If you take the card out before powering down the device Mango WILL lose connection with the source even though it retains the database. Either that, or your card (or network source) has failed. I am not sure if the app has to mount the source (and stay connected to it) separately from the OS or what, but it seems like that, whereas UAPP and Neutron just create a simple database file and only use that. The point is that even though it retains the database of songs you scanned, it loses connection with the source and the only way to fix it is to rescan the library again.

This happens to me sometimes because I use my 1TB card in both the DX300 and the DX160 and sometimes forget to power down before switching cards (even if the app is closed). This doesn't happen with the other aforementioned music player apps. BTW! This is also another reason I don't use Mango anymore, because it seems as though I have to rescan my library quite often, and it takes quite a while with 30K songs.

If your music source is still good (be it micro-SD card or network source), you SHOULD be able to simply rescan your library.

I must have been having a brain fart when I said earlier that the MAX and edition X were the same internally.... I know better than that... Maybe I was thinking about the Edition X and the regular DX320, which ARE indeed the same internally. Apologies if I helped in misleading anyone. :)

I also should have noticed the 500 units claim because I remember making a comment about 888 being an odd number, and @jamato8 informed me of cultural meanings that might be behind the overall numbers being released.
Thanks for the reply. I tried a rescan and that did not work.

In the end I went to "settings>system>reset options>reset app preferences" and that solved the issue!

Apr 28, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #9,699 of 10,359
I am using my DX320 with my HD800S and it sounds fantasic on the standard amp. Would going to AMP12 or AMP14 bring any benefits to the HD800S's?

Thanks.
With Amp12, you would have more driving power, and the HD800X are known to scale with more power. With Amp14, they would benefit from using a tube amp. Most of the upper line of Senny's are known to sound really good with a good tube amp. I cannot say how good/bad they will sound with a Nutube implementation though because I have not heard them in that manner.

I CAN say that the Sennheiser HD700 sound fantastic with Amp13 though, so there is that resemblance.... :)

Apr 28, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #9,700 of 10,359
I am using my DX320 with my HD800S and it sounds fantasic on the standard amp. Would going to AMP12 or AMP14 bring any benefits to the HD800S's?

Thanks.

I think both 600 and 800 series Sennheiser sound best on AMP12. While I think stock amp is alright, AMP12 gives noticeably more control in the low end makes it sound more like a desktop amp.

I don't think AMP14 is enough for any of these headphones. With this amp card the control in the low end is gone and also soundstage shrinks a little. It's listenable on its own, but if you compare it to either stock amp or AMP12, both can provide noticeably more authority to the sound.

Apr 28, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #9,701 of 10,359
I think both 600 and 800 series Sennheiser sound best on AMP12. While I think stock amp is alright, AMP12 gives noticeably more control in the low end makes it sound more like a desktop amp.

I don't think AMP14 is enough for any of these headphones. With this amp card the control in the low end is gone and also soundstage shrinks a little. It's listenable on its own, but if you compare it to either stock amp or AMP12, both can provide noticeably more authority to the sound.
Agreed, amp12 is the most suitable for 800s. I can’t wait to get My 320Max

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #9,702 of 10,359
Anyone having issue with dx320 right out of the box updating firmware? Mine is unable to and I hard resetted with no luck still..

I am getting a bit frustrated as this was already a replacement for me and I'm here fiddling with this device for hours just trying to update firmware with no success.

My guess is perhaps since 2.06, the latest version came out the ibasso servers are having issues updating as my device says "newest firmware" as 2.05.125 with my device currently using 2.04.923.

Advice much much appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #9,703 of 10,359
Are you trying to update over the air or install on the card?

Apr 30, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #9,704 of 10,359

Thanks.
I didn't really use my HD800 (original version) much with the stock amp, so I can't remember how good the synergy was. What I can say is that they work well with Amp13 and even better with Amp14. I bought a balanced cable and find that Amp14 has ample power to drive them effectively, and the tube sound slightly tames their otherwise slightly analytical nature. I also use Neutron player specifically to take advantage of its excellent PEQ and it's really allowed the Senns to shine - very analogue and natural now. Obviously, it's a combination that might suit some genres better than others so YMMV.

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #9,705 of 10,359
I didn't really use my HD800 (original version) much with the stock amp, so I can't remember how good the synergy was. What I can say is that they work well with Amp13 and even better with Amp14. I bought a balanced cable and find that Amp14 has ample power to drive them effectively, and the tube sound slightly tames their otherwise slightly analytical nature. I also use Neutron player specifically to take advantage of its excellent PEQ and it's really allowed the Senns to shine - very analogue and natural now. Obviously, it's a combination that might suit some genres better than others so YMMV.
It does just fine, but there are better. Try any of the Maxes with 800s, you will be pleasantly surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back