Dx320 optimizing discussions
Sep 22, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #46 of 105
So....I have not gone through this level of things on the DX320. It's been since Android 9, maybe 10 that I was loading custom roms on HTC and One+ devices. Everything I did was through adb commands (on MacOS) and recovery bootloader.

However...if you are seeing the recovery screen, your 320 is not totally 'bricked'. The recovery bootloader is working, it just needs the OS (custom firmware from iBasso). Someone smarter will correct me if I'm remembering wrong. :relaxed:

What happens if you put the image file that Paul had you download, onto the root directory of the sd card, then choose the 'apply update from sd card' menu item?

You are so close I believe.....
I'm struggling, I put the rom unzipped, compressed, with original name, renamed to rom. I go in recovery, I choose SD umpdadate does not work...

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #47 of 105
Tired, so far nothing...
Qfil - I managed to get it to download once, but so what? after that, nothing happened.

ADB, it seems that you have to download a specific ADB for Qualcomm... So far without success.
No, you don’t need specific ADB, it is for all android. Your USB drivers probably were not installed correctly. Try and search it up

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #48 of 105
Não, você não precisa de ADB específico, é para todos os androides. Seus motoristas USB provavelmente não foram instalados corretamente. Tente procurá-lo.
I finished the download and then what? I think only the cell phone disconnected... Paul didn't guide me from there...

I managed to do this, now what?

The drivers were installed correctly, it was the different types of usb ports and cables...

Attachments

• ibasso 3.png
    ibasso 3.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #49 of 105
Sep 23, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #50 of 105
I finished the download and then what? I think only the cell phone disconnected... Paul didn't guide me from there...

I managed to do this, now what?

The drivers were installed correctly, it was the different types of usb ports and cables...

Good Evening... I come to inform you that I will have to send the DX320 to China, because I couldn't reverse the problem.

I managed to carry out with great difficulty the procedures informed by Mr. Paul, being the use of the tool "660playerupgradetools01",

About using the tool it worked correctly, as I understand it downgraded the official ROM.

After using the tool, the DX320 starts, however it stops at the login screen, it cannot load Android.

I managed to install the DX320FW-ota-2.01, it goes ADB, however the DX320 does not load Android.

By Recovery "I ran the Wipe data/factory reset/ and the View recovy logs...

Compared to a computer, it's like something happened in the BIOS. Because as I said I installed the official ROMs several times, however the problem persisted.

Oct 2, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #51 of 105
Are there any physical mods available to increase digital battery life? My DX320's digital battery drains much faster than the analogue (running an AMP13 on High gain).
ya that's an interesting question. I keep my iFi Gryphon connected to power as often as possible because they said it flows directly to the device and "shuts off" the battery

Oct 2, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #52 of 105
Given some of the problems you guys are experiencing, what are your thoughts on going to the A&K SP2000 instead? The 3000 is beyond my needs but I definitely want a semi-endgame DAP that will meet my needs for a few years.

Gear = Vision EXT, MEST Indigo, JH Lola and Audeze LCD-2 (soon to be replaced with...??)

Oct 7, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #53 of 105
Hey playas, what kind of SD card is best for this bad boy?

I want to be able to play DSD512 and it sure would be nice to have a write speed high enough that I can fill the card up pretty quickly. Wish they had 300 MB/sec 2TB cards *sigh*

I’d originally thought of carrying a couple cards around like one just with my classical flac’s but I don’t know how that would work if I’m storing my offline Tidal and Qobuz

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #54 of 105
Sorry to derail, but do we have similar thread for dx300?
I am interested if I can debloat my dx300 as well.
Really appreciate for pointing the way 🙏

Oct 13, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #57 of 105
How about the "Profile" section of the Neutron Settings menu?
Do I set profile to "Default" or "Bit-Perfect"?

Oct 14, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #59 of 105
Lady and gentleman , Neutron Player is back with improvements to be better compatible with Dx320
https://neutroncode.com/downloads/file/2-neutronmpapkarm64
Wow nice. I use neutron on my iPhone and never thought to see if it was available for android. It’s the only good way I’ve found to stream DSD music over wifi.

Is it superior to UAPP?

My special edition DX320 just arrived. Man what a beautiful device. Much larger than I expected.

I picked up a 1TB 200MB/sec card for it and I have the feeling I’ll fill it quickly. Do you guys have multiple cards for different genres that to swap out? I’m hoping to tell it to save offline Tidal and Qobuz to internal memory

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #60 of 105
Wow nice. I use neutron on my iPhone and never thought to see if it was available for android. It’s the only good way I’ve found to stream DSD music over wifi.

Is it superior to UAPP?

My special edition DX320 just arrived. Man what a beautiful device. Much larger than I expected.

I picked up a 1TB 200MB/sec card for it and I have the feeling I’ll fill it quickly. Do you guys have multiple cards for different genres that to swap out? I’m hoping to tell it to save offline Tidal and Qobuz to internal memory

Both Neutron and UAPP are quality Music Player Apps, both have streaming integrated with popular streaming services and both have settings and tools to fine tune the SQ.

Both also have different tunings, I've only used Neutron for a short while after their recent update and with all the perks turned on for the DX320, the 16x upsample and 64 bit processing really puts Neutron as the top music app as far as android mode is concerned. Not to mention the app has a working Replay Gain function too, which will balance out your library if you have a lot of older CD albums that were horribly mastered too loud. The sound is very detailed with great separation and clarity.
That being said, the outdated UI is lacking some features that makes it a perfect experience.

UAPP is another great app that has it's own tuning as well. Compared to Neutron, it is more slammier with a bit more depth than Neutron, Neutron in comparison is more smoother but with slightly more detail, clarity and separation from what I can hear.
UAPP has a far superior UI than Neutron imo and has a lot of sorting options such as the "Favorites" menu section where you can individually tag you favorite Tracks, Artist and Album, it is as close as you can get to the desktop version of Audirvarna Origin or 3.5.
Very modern looking UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back