DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 3, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #13,441 of 13,478
Hey guys, I've had the original firmware on my DX220 until I updated to version 1.19.324 yesterday. I did a factory reset and reinstalled Tidal. I can't get anything to play on Tidal ... I click on play and it spins forever as if it can't buffer.

Everything else seems to be running great. Wifi is spiffy for everything. Any ideas? Should I try to locate an old apk of Tidal? Anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks

May 3, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #13,442 of 13,478
Hey guys, I've had the original firmware on my DX220 until I updated to version 1.19.324 yesterday. I did a factory reset and reinstalled Tidal. I can't get anything to play on Tidal ... I click on play and it spins forever as if it can't buffer.

Everything else seems to be running great. Wifi is spiffy for everything. Any ideas? Should I try to locate an old apk of Tidal? Anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks
I would try an older version of Tidal.

May 27, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #13,444 of 13,478
Dec 5, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #13,447 of 13,478

Thanks
I've had this issue forever, but not on all songs. At times it's only on some sample rates, then it will change to others. I was hoping that the change to FLAC would fix it as if it might be some sort of chip problem with MQA. No dice. I've been running Lurker's ROM (?) for years which has had no bearing on Tidal playing.

Feb 24, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #13,448 of 13,478
stupid question - I haven't updated the firmware on my DX220 in a couple of years and I see that there's a bunch of updates:

https://ibasso.com/dx220-firmware/

do I have to do them sequentially, from oldest to newest, or can I just install the latest and it'll do a diff and update.

If I do the firmware update from the device itself, will it be smart enough to grab the latest?

Any firmware update installation instructions? I don't see any information on the iBasso website and it's been so long that I can't remember if there is any caveat gotchas or not...

Also, AFAIK, the DX220 supports LDAC over BT5.0 Is this correct? Have just bought a budget pair of soundpeats engine 4 bt earbuds to have a play with...hoping that it'll work with the DX220 and also stream DSD over BT (albeit lossy as per the ldac standard)...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #13,451 of 13,478
Feb 25, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #13,453 of 13,478
Same here, so good that I consider it as an endgame for me, don't even want to look for anything else.

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #13,454 of 13,478
I have a dx 220, during playback it turned off and doesn't turn on anymore, I put it on charge and it's hot but it doesn't turn on, apart from the power button 10 seconds to reset there are no other button options to force the reset?

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #13,455 of 13,478
I have a dx 220, during playback it turned off and doesn't turn on anymore, I put it on charge and it's hot but it doesn't turn on, apart from the power button 10 seconds to reset there are no other button options to force the reset?
I had a similar issue with this unit - the on/off button can be a bit "dodgy" and if it's not being pressed down in the right place, it doesn't activate the on switch underneath the physical button. Try and find the sweet spot and see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back