DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #18,616 of 22,021
Yes I meant it as a compliment to dx200.

@Whitigir, you've got to help me get an upgraded amp8.

Edit: I installed the V2 firmware of Oreo beta. Now it is at Android 8.1

Lurker's ROM is wiped out. Can I install Lurker Ver10 on top of this V2 beta?

I just installed the 8.1 V2 beta. It does wipe out Lurker add-on. All you have to do is run the L0 1.10 installer again. It's all really a snap once you get used to it--at least on Windows.

As for sound, it does sound ever so slightly smoother to me. V1 sounded just a slight bit brittle and dry to me compared to Android 6. Now, it sounds just as fluid as Android 6 and overall SQ is just as good. I want to say better, but it is pretty subtle and I would be going on memory.

As for performance, 8.1 V1 was a bit slow and glitchy with UAPP streaming Tidal. V2 definitely has the snappiest and smoothest response yet. This is just an initial impression, but so far it seems things are headed in a really good direction.

If you have access to a PC, it's worth going up to V2 and reinstalling Lurker 1.10.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #18,617 of 22,021
Today I took my DX200 AMP8 with 58% battery, listening it during my lunch for 0.5 hour. When I took it out from my pocket and tried to switch it off, it showed it had only 4% battery left. I guess either the AMP8 is a battery whore, or my DX200 battery got some issues....

Could be the battery... how long have you had your DX200? I had mine for about a year and half and I've just recently swapped / replaced the battery (DIY) and it gave the DX200 a new lease of life. Reach out to iBasso Support, and they'll sort you out.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #18,623 of 22,021
I just installed the 8.1 V2 beta. It does wipe out Lurker add-on. All you have to do is run the L0 1.10 installer again.
Thanks for your confirmation!

I had no time to install b2 myself (and re-install all then), but I checked the firmware image, and I'm confident that my add-on should work being flashed over b2. You only loose one more app that iBasso added (Aegon APKPure) to install other apps, but who cares with full Play Store working?

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #18,624 of 22,021
I got my DX200 for around 1.5 year also.
Mine is the same as yours. The battery had already been changed to a thicker one due to battery degradation and the battery performance for my modified AMP8 (just one 1 cap from 220uF to 470uF 16V) is around 15%/hour with live wallpaper enabled and using the Neutron app.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #18,625 of 22,021
Thanks for your confirmation!
I had no time to install b2 myself (and re-install all then), but I checked the firmware image, and I'm confident that my add-on should work being flashed over b2. You only loose one more app that iBasso added (Aegon APKPure) to install other apps, but who cares with full Play Store working?

Yeah, my goodness, everything works like a dream. V1 was really buggy and sluggish for me. V2 is fast and smooth. Play store, etc. it all works and sounds the best it's ever been.

Thanks iBasso, and especially thanks to you Lurker0. You don't have to do this but you do, and then you share and even provide support!

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #18,628 of 22,021
Do i have to source a Windows computer again for beta V2?
AndroidTools by Rockchip still is the only way to flash Oreo firmware. I can tell you how to flash my add-on from MacOS, but it does not have sense if you need Windows for the main process anyway.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #18,630 of 22,021
Mine is the same as yours. The battery had already been changed to a thicker one due to battery degradation and the battery performance for my modified AMP8 (just one 1 cap from 220uF to 470uF 16V) is around 15%/hour with live wallpaper enabled and using the Neutron app.

Do you buy the replacement from ibasso or from some third party shops like the ones in SSP Ap Liu street in HK? Any guide to open the dx200 and replace the battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back