DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #4,306 of 22,021
  I've had my DX200 for few weeks now and I'm experiencing an odd problem that I don't believe I've seen mentioned on this thread - I missed it if it was.  But I'm experiencing what I'd call a "virtual swipe" on the screen.  For example, in pure music mode, while in the player the screen will toggle back and forth between the now playing screen and the music info screen, giving the appearance that someone is actually touching the screen to cause those actions.  It's tough to get to another screen in order to break out of the loop. I was lucky enough to finally be able to reboot to Android mode and find the same thing happening there.  It actually looks like someone is attempting to swipe up the home screen to unlock.  Kind of funny to look at - talk about the ghost in the machine.  A reboot doesn't always take care of the problem.  And when it does, it seems to be only a matter to time before this behavior starts again.  I immediately upgraded to the most current firmware when I received the device, so I'm unsure whether the new firmware is the culprit. I'm trying to re-install the FW but not having any luck at the moment getting to the system update screen.

Anyone else have a similar experience?  I get the feeling that I have a defective device.

I would contact iBasso. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #4,307 of 22,021
  I've had my DX200 for few weeks now and I'm experiencing an odd problem that I don't believe I've seen mentioned on this thread - I missed it if it was.  But I'm experiencing what I'd call a "virtual swipe" on the screen.  For example, in pure music mode, while in the player the screen will toggle back and forth between the now playing screen and the music info screen, giving the appearance that someone is actually touching the screen to cause those actions.  It's tough to get to another screen in order to break out of the loop. I was lucky enough to finally be able to reboot to Android mode and find the same thing happening there.  It actually looks like someone is attempting to swipe up the home screen to unlock.  Kind of funny to look at - talk about the ghost in the machine.  A reboot doesn't always take care of the problem.  And when it does, it seems to be only a matter to time before this behavior starts again.  I immediately upgraded to the most current firmware when I received the device, so I'm unsure whether the new firmware is the culprit. I'm trying to re-install the FW but not having any luck at the moment getting to the system update screen.

Anyone else have a similar experience?  I get the feeling that I have a defective device.

Sounds like a defect/problem with the touchscreen. Try a factory reset. If that didn't help then it is most likely a hardware problem and needs to be sent back to iBasso.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #4,310 of 22,021
  I was finally able to try an reinstall of the FW, did a factory reset after.  Now it seems worse!  Definitely seems like it's time to return this guy.

Please email me at paul@ibasso.com or contact the seller. I apologize for any difficulty and we want to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 15, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #4,311 of 22,021
The above is another example of the ibasso superb customer support!

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #4,313 of 22,021
my video with impressions on DX200

Warning, strong ukrainian accent is present

Nice review and you cover a lot of details. I notice you mention a dry sound. I heard this also but it was gone after around 150 hours. I have over 500 hours now and have continued to hear changes, with a larger and deeper soundstage and a more musical 3D type of sound during the time up until now. This dap really needs quite a bit of on time to hear what it can do and how it will end up sounding. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #4,314 of 22,021
Happen to me for FLAC 24/96 and 24/192 as well for android mango player. But in Pure mode, it will not have this issue.

Already raise issue to Paul. Hope it will fix soon. 

I'm also experiencing this issue with certain 24 bit songs. I think it might be due to the fact that some are vinyl rips. Do the pops happen at the same time on each song? Have you ripped the tunes yourself? My dx200 is going to be replaced due to another issue, so will see if this issue is replicated on another unit.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #4,315 of 22,021
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
I'm also experiencing this issue with certain 24 bit songs. I think it might be due to the fact that some are vinyl rips. Do the pops happen at the same time on each song? Have you ripped the tunes yourself? My dx200 is going to be replaced due to another issue, so will see if this issue is replicated on another unit.

24 bit of mine is jpop from mora.jp it is not vinyl where it appears to have glitch at certain point.

My issue is randomly occur in between part of song playing.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #4,316 of 22,021

Hum, I am all for constructive criticism, but I have no clue what is happening in this video:
  1. You off topic for several minutes repeatedly
  2. When you are back on topic, 75% of sentences are not finished before another one begins, to the point that I am not sure if you are doing something else at the same time
  3. The qualifications of the DX200 are unclear, and seem opposite to most of what I hear (when I manage to understand something)

I am by no means against pros and cons, and I prefer some aspects of my other DAPs to the DX200, but these players deserve better than random rambling in my humble opinion.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #4,317 of 22,021
Nice review and you cover a lot of details. I notice you mention a dry sound. I heard this also but it was gone after around 150 hours. I have over 500 hours now and have continued to hear changes, with a larger and deeper soundstage and a more musical 3D type of sound during the time up until now. This dap really needs quite a bit of on time to hear what it can do and how it will end up sounding. 

This player was used as a demo unit for about a week, so it got about 60 hours of work, and I've also give him about 30 hours of work too. It's still sounding dryer then many of DAPs I have. Actually, it's not a bad thing, as dry lows suit many genres greatly.
My video is more about initial impressions, so if after more work sound will change, I'll reflect that in final review

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #4,319 of 22,021
I have tried with purely digital 24 bit tracks too and still find I get the popping sound - so as you suggest, it's nothing to do with vinyl rips.

Perhaps @Paul - iBasso
 can advise as to whether this is a common problem!?

Sadly i exeperienced this to.. Random popping sound from 24 bit file and sometimes playing dsd give me loud stutter sound and i have to restart.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #4,320 of 22,021
  Hum, I am all for constructive criticism, but I have no clue what is happening in this video:
  1. You off topic for several minutes repeatedly
  2. When you are back on topic, 75% of sentences are not finished before another one begins, to the point that I am not sure if you are doing something else at the same time
  3. The qualifications of the DX200 are unclear, and seem opposite to most of what I hear (when I manage to understand something)

I am by no means against pros and cons, and I prefer some aspects of my other DAPs to the DX200, but these players deserve better than random rambling in my humble opinion.

So basically, having spent a decent amount of money on the DX200 you don't like anybody who questions its performance?  The video review is perfectly clear to me & told with passion by someone who appears to have a passing knowledge of audiophile equipment. Are you not a native English speaker (or American English in reviewers case).

As always, need to hear things yourself with your own ear/headphones to know what's right for you. Unless stock doesn't materialise I will have a DX200 & X5III to compare at some point to form my own opinion (coming late to UK), but with exception of sound quality I do prefer the design/size of the X5III more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back