DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 1, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #167 of 22,021
Just joking
wink_face.gif

In the UK, it's a common (and light-hearted) joke that Americans tend to view their own country as being 'the world', and consequently tend not to know much about other countries.

I know Americans have many jokes about the British, too. It's all good...
beerchug.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #170 of 22,021
Just joking :wink_face:

In the UK, it's a common (and light-hearted) joke that Americans tend to view their own country as being 'the world', and consequently tend not to know much about other countries.

I know Americans have many jokes about the British, too. It's all good... :beerchug:

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #171 of 22,021
Well technically, UK is part of Europe, even if not part of the Euro...

That is being discussed in Parliament today! Maybe vote in June :)
(Not geographically of course)

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #172 of 22,021
Just joking :wink_face:

I know Americans have many jokes about the British, too. It's all good... :beerchug:

Oh absolutely! I'm glad my joke was taken! I meant it as a joke when I said, I'm an American therefore I don't know the difference.. Lol.. I definitely have heard all the jokes, and completely understand it's just that (A Joke) no need in getting offended.. Lol

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #177 of 22,021
Paul, would it be possible to implement Sabre's new 9038 PRO chip? Specification wise, its performance looks very promising. Technicalities wise, sabre chips are amazing with great dynamics and precise soundstage, when implemented correctly.

*I use a modded DX90, a happy listener here :)

Feb 6, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #179 of 22,021
Paul, would it be possible to implement Sabre's new 9038 PRO chip? Specification wise, its performance looks very promising. Technicalities wise, sabre chips are amazing with great dynamics and precise soundstage, when implemented correctly.

*I use a modded DX90, a happy listener here
smily_headphones1.gif

IMO, DAC chip doesn't matter, sound does.  I would rather they pick the DAC chip they feel they can best implement and use that instead of going out of their way to use something they have no experience with just so it can be a selling point.  Also, most DACs sound very similar.

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #180 of 22,021
IMO, DAC chip doesn't matter, sound does.  I would rather they pick the DAC chip they feel they can best implement and use that instead of going out of their way to use something they have no experience with just so it can be a selling point.  Also, most DACs sound very similar.

I would venture to say, iBasso can do it, should they want to invest their effort. For each of their player, it is the first time they implement these DAC chips in a player, all of which results in overwhelmingly stellar performance. Much better achievement than the brand who update their premium product by doubling the DAC chip and charge even more premium! (Yes you, AK)

The 9038 is even a pin compatible upgrade for 9018 (CMMIW). So, iBasso's valuable experience in creating the DX100 would be largely relevant.

I'm an avid supporter for iBasso now, never settle for less than greatest!

Most dac chip sounds the same? Try feeding dac out to the exact IV and buffer.. I bet your opinion will change :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back