DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 2, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #4,801 of 22,021
I just installed FW 1.5.69. All my own apps still keep in place.

Cons : I have to push certain pressure for swiping. 

Pros :The new feature is the adjustable volume of LineOut. DX200 can memorize that how much volume of Line Out and 3.5&2.5 Outputs have been set.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #4,802 of 22,021
We will be releasing a FW in about 1 week that will increase the sensitivity of the screen. If the screen is too insensitive to touch for you with the latest FW please revert to the previous release.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 2, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #4,803 of 22,021

That's the very question i am asking--it's a must for any player I get as that is the format i now have converted all my SACDs for playback on my awesome Exasound MC DAC.   BIGSIX...if you like classical music, you could try downloading this in MASTER recording format.  If the DX200 can play this "elusive' DST ISO format I've confirmed the download is...I'm in.    Incredibly convenient as it combines 2ch and MC versions in one package (and getting "legal" relases now!), but tts probably the most diffcult file to hande as it requires lots of CPU horsepower.  I know of a grand total of ONE player that can handle it--the new Android Cayin.  

http://www.pentatonemusic.com/super-audio-cd-sampler

Folks...this is pretty amazing.   You may recall I asked about this several weeks ago (above).  There was only one player I knew of that could handle the compressed DST ISO file (NOT the same thing as most ISO files)--but it wasn't in the same audiophile league as the IBasso.  It takes some serious CPU power to handle this particular format successfully.  

Correction...there are now two.  As of the firmware yesterday, it has been confirmed that the DX200 can now play this exclusive DST ISO format.  They are still working on refining a few things, but the files does play.  

That means if you have SACD discs and software-convert them to ISO (there's places that will do it for you), the DX200 can now play them directly in that handy package.  Or if you download from a classical site like Pentatone records linked above which offer a "master ISO" file--you can now play it.  This is an advanced feature you wont find in many other DAPs period and gives the DX200 a huge leg-up on the competition..

Well done Paul and the IBasso team!     

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #4,805 of 22,021
  Does anybody else think that it would be very nice to have the Mango app's UI design and responsiveness in pure Mango OS mode?

(raises hand)

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #4,806 of 22,021
  Does anybody else think that it would be very nice to have the Mango app's UI design and responsiveness in pure Mango OS mode?

I am not sure what you mean. Oh you want Mango to look like Mango from Android? We are working on everything.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #4,808 of 22,021
I'll probably have my unit arriving by Monday. Is it best to probably avoid this latest update and wait for the next one? Having to apply more pressure than normal to the screen would take away from the user experience for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,810 of 22,021
Ah ok. So rolling back the firmware is straightforward?

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #4,811 of 22,021
Ah ok. So rolling back the firmware is straightforward?

Yes, it is the same as updating to the newest. You load the FW to a card and it will then load that FW when you update from update in the menu. I am on the latest and don't press harder but just leave my finger a fraction of a second longer than in the past and it works but can see where people would like it faster since most screens, like on phones, are pretty fast now and that is what we have gotten used to. And why not? :^) 

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #4,814 of 22,021
Over 6 hundred hours on mine and I swear it keeps getting better. Listening to some live Allman Brothers Band, balanced to the Utopia. Cymbals, drums, guitar, singing, layered and all there dynamic. Great stuff and I have to go some where! NO. . . . . lol 

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #4,815 of 22,021
B&H Photo has it in stock as well now:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1319002-REG/ibasso_ibasso_dx200_dx200_high_performance_digital_audio.html

Same price, $949, without even the BS of the 'value-added bundle'.

Profiteering from buzz and scarcity 
frown.gif
  I guess it's just like the car dealership that adds undercoating ($1100), custom floor mats ($950), etc...on 'hot' models. Somewhat irksome that folks in UK/Europe can get this for over $100 less from advancedmp3players (with the discount code).  Amazing that they're discounting when US retailers are marking up above list.

I will say that I've done lots of business with B&H, and they've always provided excellent service, before and after sale.

It's OK, I can wait.  Another few weeks and it'll be back in stock on iBasso website, and I'll only have to pay MSRP.  I get that it's only $80, but it's the principle of the thing.  And besides, that $80 will almost pay for a CB12  (if that ever comes back in stock) to give me a complete iBasso rig:  

DX200 ==> CB12 ==> IT03   
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back