DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 28, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #4,741 of 22,021
  seriously i will face some "phantom touch" on my dx200 too, but it can be avoided by regular cleaning on the screen.

i am not in odds with people saying about the short coming of this device but if this is very common for every touch screen products then it is not fair to highlight it on this device.

However, more tolerance can be added to kernel to avoid such "phantom touch", but it will be less accurate/ sensitive/ more battery demanded.

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Do you think this is the first time that any of us have ever used a touchscreen device?

I keep a polishing cloth on my desk, and my screen always sparkles. I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case (at least) the phantom screen presses have ZERO to do with an oily or otherwise dirty screen. This problem is not normal by anyone's standard, including the Amazon vendor who I purchased it from. Their replacement unit arrived today and it's (so far) been working fine.

I'll make sure to keep my hands clean.  :p

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #4,742 of 22,021

I think they are just collecting all the fixes and optimizations based on forum suggestions to release at once.  Makes no sense to release one fix at a time
wink.gif

Probably, in this case, it's a good way.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #4,744 of 22,021
  Thanks for the input. Though I would love a more detailed comparison between the two. I have a qp1r and already placed an order for dx200. It seems that in terms of UI/features dx200 is miles ahead. Sound quality is really a toss-up I guess

I'll try to be a bit less subtle this time or I'll get myself into trouble. I'm 110% sure you already know this, but for anybody else who's itching to point out the blatantly obvious - QP1R's OS is Linux-based, while DX200 is Android 6-based. As you say, that means, in theory, the UI/features of the DX200 are miles ahead. Note the use of italics :wink: My main gripe with the DX200 is that despite its fancy hardware volume control and modern Android system it really isn't miles ahead of the QP1R in terms of user experience. At least, not yet. Yes, you can side-load some apps onto the DX200, but many won't work because not only is it missing the Play store, but it's also missing Google Play Services. If you're a purist and just using the device as a music player from the microSD (no wifi, no bluetooth, which the QP1R doesn't have anyway) there's not a whole lot of difference, and my preference in terms of ergonomics would actually go to the QP1R because track navigation and volume control are so much quicker and easier.

As for sound, that's a tough one to answer because it's going to depend on your headphones, what you're playing, what your preference are, etc. Let me throw out some controversial stuff here, so we at least have something to argue about. If you measure any of these modern DAPs though a loopback to your sound card, they'll all look ruler flat out to 20 kHz. I don't believe there are many people here that would be able to distinguish between the various types of roll-off past that point. The major sound differences - if there are any - are going to be as a result of the pairing with your headphones. Specifically, if your headphones 1) are very sensitive, 2) have very low-impedance, especially one that varies wildly with frequency, 3) have very high-impedance/low sensitivity and require a lot of power to drive. I've been listening to these two DAPs with the FLC 8S and SE846 - the latter of which definitely ticks the first two boxes. I hear a lower noise floor with the DX200, but the QP1R has more punch in the low-end. (And both these DAPs have Z-out < 0.2 Ohm) So, yes, I think SQ really is a toss-up. I think the best modern DACs (note I'm only talking about DAC, not amp here) are reaching the point where they're simply good enough. (The price of the 768 kHz sampling-rate Chord products are just a tax on stupidity IMHO. They're even a tax on stupidity for bats.) Now the DX200 amp is very solid, but so is the current-mode amp in the QP1R - it's one of the best DAP amps I've heard. I'm honestly not sure I could choose a winner in terms of SQ between the DX200 and QP1R. There are pros and cons to both, but the sonic differences between them are fairly subtle in any case. Folks that hear significant differences have usually not done proper SPL-matched blind A/B tests with a switch. You really need to. No, honestly, you do. This video explains why:

https://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ

I'll look forward to hearing your own comparisons when your DX200 arrives! (Please let us know what headphones you used to compare the two.)

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #4,745 of 22,021

I'll try to be a bit less subtle this time or I'll get myself into trouble. I'm 110% sure you already know this, but for anybody else who's itching to point out the blatantly obvious - QP1R's OS is Linux-based, while DX200 is Android 6-based. As you say, that means, in theory, the UI/features of the DX200 are miles ahead. Note the use of italics :wink: My main gripe with the DX200 is that despite its fancy hardware volume control and modern Android system it really isn't miles ahead of the QP1R in terms of user experience. At least, not yet. Yes, you can side-load some apps onto the DX200, but many won't work because not only is it missing the Play store, but it's also missing Google Play Services. If you're a purist and just using the device as a music player from the microSD (no wifi, no bluetooth, which the QP1R doesn't have anyway) there's not a whole lot of difference, and my preference in terms of ergonomics would actually go to the QP1R because track navigation and volume control are so much quicker and easier.

As for sound, that's a tough one to answer because it's going to depend on your headphones, what you're playing, what your preference are, etc. Let me throw out some controversial stuff here, so we at least have something to argue about. If you measure any of these modern DAPs though a loopback to your sound card, they'll all look ruler flat out to 20 kHz. I don't believe there are many people here that would be able to distinguish between the various types of roll-off past that point. The major sound differences - if there are any - are going to be as a result of the pairing with your headphones. Specifically, if your headphones 1) are very sensitive, 2) have very low-impedance, especially one that varies wildly with frequency, 3) have very high-impedance/low sensitivity and require a lot of power to drive. I've been listening to these two DAPs with the FLC 8S and SE846 - the latter of which definitely ticks the first two boxes. I hear a lower noise floor with the DX200, but the QP1R has more punch in the low-end. (And both these DAPs have Z-out < 0.2 Ohm) So, yes, I think SQ really is a toss-up. I think the best modern DACs (note I'm only talking about DAC, not amp here) are reaching the point where they're simply good enough. (The price of the 768 kHz sampling-rate Chord products are just a tax on stupidity IMHO. They're even a tax on stupidity for bats.) Now the DX200 amp is very solid, but so is the current-mode amp in the QP1R - it's one of the best DAP amps I've heard. I'm honestly not sure I could choose a winner in terms of SQ between the DX200 and QP1R. There are pros and cons to both, but the sonic differences between them are fairly subtle in any case. Folks that hear significant differences have usually not done proper SPL-matched blind A/B tests with a switch. You really need to. No, honestly, you do. This video explains why:

https://youtu.be/BYTlN6wjcvQ

I'll look forward to hearing your own comparisons when your DX200 arrives! (Please let us know what headphones you used to compare the two.)

you can give more detail about '' pros '' of dx200?

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #4,748 of 22,021
just observed another minor issue using the pure mango mode. The red timer line on the music progress does not move even though the music is playing. when you pause and play again, it will get updated but not mov along.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #4,749 of 22,021
just observed another minor issue using the pure mango mode. The red timer line on the music progress does not move even though the music is playing. when you pause and play again, it will get updated but not mov along.

That happens to my unit as well only way to fix it is to reboot.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #4,750 of 22,021
  Yeah all of company have problems, but resolve it fast is important, and iBasso in this point is very slow apparently.

You couldn't be more wrong!

I bought a DX200 from AMP3 - 2nd batch. It arrived on a Weds and I started the burn in immediately. I only used Pure Mango mode

I listened on and off over the next couple of days whilst still burning in. On Friday night late I noticed that my screen would keep going back to artist without me touching the screen. I rebooted the unit and cleaned the screen (which wasn't very greasy or dirty). 

The false screen swipe was gone. I left the unit charging and playing on a loop.

On Saturday the unit was fine until late afternoon when it started the phantom screen swipes - it was like I was constantly touching the top left of my screen. I was really enjoying the sound and found that the screen issues did not change the sound but was not something I could put up with.

On Sunday  - midday, I emailed Paul@iBasso as AMP3 was closed . Surprisingly I received a mail back almost immediately explaining that the problem had occurred in a few units and that I should seek a replacement.

He suggested that I should mail direct to iBasso as AMP3 did not have stock and I would likely receive a unit more quickly going through iBasso.

On Monday morning I posted the unit back to China and emailed the scanned receipt to Paul. On Friday morning I received a new DX200 by post.

How much faster could iBasso have reacted and remedied my situation?

To my mind this is exceptional customer service.

It is unfortunate that some units have experienced this problem but they are sorting it asap.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #4,751 of 22,021
Paul - iBasso any news on when it will be back in stock? Would like to buy direct since I don't need any of the extra accessories in the bundle that's an additional $100

Edit: the iBasso website still shows a price of $9869 USD

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #4,752 of 22,021
Oh it's a good day.
Just had email confirmation from AdvancedMP3Players to say that my unit has been shipped!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Site is now showing IN STOCK for those interested.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #4,753 of 22,021
My DX200 stopped charging today. It now has zero charge after the nightly burn-in and cannot get it to power on because there's no way to charge it.
That's an interesting problem. 

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #4,754 of 22,021
  My DX200 stopped charging today. It now has zero charge after the nightly burn-in and cannot get it to power on because there's no way to charge it.
That's an interesting problem. 

Have you tried a different USB C cable and charger?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 1, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #4,755 of 22,021
Have you tried a different USB C cable and charger?

Also a different outlet. I had the same thing happen with a different USB C device and the fault was a ground-fault breaker that had disconnected ...both outlets dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back