DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 11, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #4,112 of 22,021
  I'd really like to know if ibasso plans to release the amp module with extra SD card slot (I don't even know if it's possible though.) This DAP seems amazing but only one slot bugs me so bad..

Paul has hinted before that an amp module is coming that will increase battery life. So I suppose, adding a second SD slot is possible but I will leave @Paul - iBasso to confirm and give more details about it.

Personally, battery life is more important to me, but a second SD slot won't hurt either.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #4,113 of 22,021
  I'd really like to know if ibasso plans to release the amp module with extra SD card slot (I don't even know if it's possible though.) This DAP seems amazing but only one slot bugs me so bad..

I use a 256gb and the internal memory and for me, realizing it isn't enough for everyone, is plenty. I have a few TB's of music but the DX200 scans fast enough that changing cards is no big deal. You can also play music while scanning. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #4,114 of 22,021
I tend to put only tracks I like to listen on the SD Card. Instead of just copying the entire album of each Artists. I like to play everything is shuffle mode so I spend more time listening instead of browsing and pushing the next tract button most of the time.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #4,115 of 22,021
I only use 32gb cards.

I've spent the last 2-years listening to one artist so single card slots are no worries. :wink:

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #4,116 of 22,021
Mm..I don't see any reason why Tidal will not fully work with the DX 200. Afaik, once properly installed, Tidal works flawlessly in whatever device, portable or otherwise, it is installed. It is just another streaming service for music. About the only issues I am aware of are related to wifi signal problems or router settings specific to some Tidal subscribers. For Tidal app settings, just set Wifi or cellular streaming to the maximum allowed by your subscription plan and that's it.
cheers for the reply, I think what I mean is, does Tidal use Android upsampling or will it use its own dac to its fullest potential when playing Tidal HIFI. I ask because when using my mojo with my phone, I have to use UAPP to play bit perfect otherwise directly through tidal the mojo is being upsampled thats all, cheers

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #4,117 of 22,021

Paul has hinted before that an amp module is coming that will increase battery life. So I suppose, adding a second SD slot is possible but I will leave @Paul - iBasso to confirm and give more details about it.

Personally, battery life is more important to me, but a second SD slot won't hurt either.

I use a 256gb and the internal memory and for me, realizing it isn't enough for everyone, is plenty. I have a few TB's of music but the DX200 scans fast enough that changing cards is no big deal. You can also play music while scanning. 

Thanks, that is good news for me. I'll wait for any information about it until X5 3rd go on sale globally.
  I tend to put only tracks I like to listen on the SD Card. Instead of just copying the entire album of each Artists. I like to play everything is shuffle mode so I spend more time listening instead of browsing and pushing the next tract button most of the time.

I personally prefer to enjoy an entire album unless compilation and also lazy to change SD each time so I need lots of space..

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #4,118 of 22,021
Just get a bigger capacity microSD card instead of buying an extra module?

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #4,120 of 22,021

thx a lot ...

so would i make a mistake by keeping the ak 300 ?

is the dx 200 really that much better at the same Price... ?

I feel DX200 is yes, because you're dealing with polar opposites if you follow the portable audio market.

You have AK, a company known for overpricing their products terribly, and iBasso acknowledged for excellent price to performance. When you put this together its no suprise DX200 pulls away from AK300. To add, there aren't many comparisons with AK300 vs DX200 because much of the comparing is being done with AK380 instead.

I think you would be much happier in the long run, I know I am myself.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #4,121 of 22,021
A quick question please,

I want to know when using line out, do you adjust high gain or low gain in setting. Both sound different to me but I wanna know what is the normal practice when using line out.

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #4,123 of 22,021
​thx a lot ...

so would i make a mistake by keeping the ak 300 ?

is the dx 200 really that much better at the same Price... ?

After 200-300 hrs of burnt in, It can compare to something higher than AK300. There're people that state this gem in the same league of AK380.

So it's worth for selling your AK300 and take DX200 if you take a decision by these kind of sound impression.

But the sound signature of DX200 is not the same kind as AK house sound. For me, it's close but still not the same sound signature. You may don't like its sound. Find more sound impressions and take them as grain of salt for your decision :)

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #4,124 of 22,021
Sorry but this isn't true. DX200 have better soundstage and imaging also better bass but Onkyo still sounds great comparing to iBasso. The differences are not like night and day.

I think he think x1 mentioned is fiio x1. He forget to read below that the asker means dp x1

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #4,125 of 22,021
I think he think x1 mentioned is fiio x1. He forget to read below that the asker means dp x1

No the OP was referring to to DP-X1. This post

Sorry Onkyo x1

Sorry but this isn't true. DX200 have better soundstage and imaging also better bass but Onkyo still sounds great comparing to iBasso. The differences are not like night and day.

I agree, hyperbole is notthing but ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back