DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 2, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #3,721 of 22,021
May i ask you to compare dx200 and opus 1, please?

After near 50 hours, at least to my ears, using both Empire Zeus R and VE Monk, the DX200 (v1.3.60) is kinda like Opus #1 (v1.10.27),

01. with extra authority in the entire presentation, firmer weightier sounding
02. 3-dimensional in presentation (opus more 2-D)
03. significantly wider soundtage (left right, top and bottom)
04. slghtly more musical than opus 1
05. greater emotions layers/traits in vocals 
06. mid bass more "firm" and impactful (but never overbearing)
07. sub bass is "tighter and meatier" (feel the bass but doesn't drag)
08. every instrument remains tight and coherent, even in complicated passages
09. a very tad warmer than Opus 1
10. better imaging and separation of instruments 

that's what i have so far. hope it helps.

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #3,722 of 22,021
  please do not misunderstand me, how can the hiss suddenly go away as I owned the zeus r and when it used to hiss with fiio x7 it kept hissing all the time, and the hiss did not go away after 100 hours of use with fiio x7

Oh. maybe it's like not totally disappeared. more like the "ssssss" sound is no longer apparent when listening. soft enough to fade into the background (which i dun think is all black but enough not to get attention).

The Fiio X7 hiss is very apparent. Even the new X5iii has clear hiss with the Zeus R. 
Not sure how ibasso did it, but hiss on the Dx200 is just not present enough to be a nag with my Zeus R. (which is a good thing)

Either that or my ears are just useless with hiss. 

Oh yes, to answer flipper203, am using the BTG Starlight cable that came with the Empire Zeus R. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #3,723 of 22,021
After near 50 hours, at least to my ears, using both Empire Zeus R and VE Monk, the DX200 (v1.3.60) is kinda like Opus #1 (v1.10.27),

01. with extra authority in the entire presentation, firmer weightier sounding
02. 3-dimensional in presentation (opus more 2-D)
03. significantly wider soundtage (left right, top and bottom)
04. slghtly more musical than opus 1
05. greater emotions layers/traits in vocals 
06. mid bass more "firm" and impactful (but never overbearing)
07. sub bass is "tighter and meatier" (feel the bass but doesn't drag)
08. every instrument remains tight and coherent, even in complicated passages
09. a very tad warmer than Opus 1
10. better imaging and separation of instruments 

that's what i have so far. hope it helps.

Thank you.
Well, from what i've read, think i can hold upgrading from opus 1 for a while... Maybe wait till some hypothetical dx300 to arrive.

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #3,724 of 22,021
Thank you.
Well, from what i've read, think i can hold upgrading from opus 1 for a while... Maybe wait till some hypothetical dx300 to arrive.

Anytime 
normal_smile .gif

Personally, i think the DX200 is a worthy upgrade, having tried just about every new player that came out after the Opus 1, at least for my taste.
Words can't truly express how it sounds. 

If there's any way to audition, do give it a try. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #3,726 of 22,021
Interesting observation over my DX200 break in period.

Let me start by saying I'm not that big on the burn in idea, generally I don't bother too much about it.

Some may remember me saying the synergy with my 1Plus2.2 wasn't behaving how I would like. There was something a miss in the mid-range, vocals sounding a little strange and the treble having a weird timbre within the first 5-minutes powering up my DX200. Straight away I began using my Tralucent Ref.1 with DX200. Pages back some may also remember I said Ref.1 is known to have a natural treble spike with some sources, with DX200 (at least in its early hours) there was no peak and the highs sounded completely different, quite good actually.

Over the past week since putting hours on my DX200 I was listening especially this evening and noticed with Ref.1 that treble was starting to get a little hot, that natural peak was beginning to form, I played with the filters and can tame it somewhat depending on the volume level.. I was a little bummed (if this was burn in effected) because I liked Ref.1 exactly how it was.

As another test I plugged my 1Plus2.2 back into DX200 for another listen, they sound quite different then I remembered. Now they actually sound very very good. 
confused.gif

Its a strange observation and I cannot really explain it other than some kind of settling period of the player.

I am quite certain my seals are 95% the same, same tips etc....

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #3,728 of 22,021
Hello guys how is the pairing with aurisonic 2.5 and top tier hp?
Do u use bright hp?dark?
I was waiting mire than a year for dx 200 and i trying do make a good setup.
I like a u-shaped sound sig.
Many thankx.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #3,729 of 22,021

what about hissing  with Zeus R? Which cable did you use ? 

The hiss was very slight (almost forgettable) in the 1st hour. After 24 hours, the hiss was almost gone. Now at near 50 hours, it's not there.

Am running in pure mango mode too. 

Kenz, about hissing, I think he meant an audible hiss you hear not during the playback, but when you pause/idle the music
wink.gif
  Otherwise, depending on the music you are listening to (EDM and heavy metal will drown all the background noise
biggrin.gif
), it's hard to judge about it.

Zeus is very sensitive, and the hissing in idle is quite noticeable, exactly the same level as LPG and X7 w/AM3.  Opus#1/#2 are a little bit less, X5iii hisses more (with Zeus).  If you want to reduce the hissing, you either use iEMatch (though you will loose top end brightness/sparkle with Zeus) or you use basic OFC cables which typically have higher impedance wires.  Switching to after market silver, pure copper, gold-plated, etc, - those cables have lower impedance and hissing level will go up.

Another thing to keep in mind, I'm talking about hissing level when you just plug in IEM (typically, very sensitive multi-BA c/iems).  Once you hit Play, many people don't hear hissing because of the music which drowns it, pushing it to the background.  If you play instrumental or music with quiet passages, you will hear it.  Furthermore, we all have different ear sensitivity and overall ear health due to lifetime exposure to loud noise/environment around us.  That will affect how we hear this "hissing"
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #3,731 of 22,021

Photo time before the thread riot starts.

DX200 and Advanced AcousticWerkes W300U

Tomorrow I should get this iem, but squared (I know I know 300 squared is 90 000 but let us be flexible here).

You gonna love W900 :)  Pair up with DX200 is excellent, but you need at least 100hrs of burn in for its dynamic driver to settle down and tighten up and upper frequencies to come up a bit.  I know you are not a cable believer, and W900 comes standard with silver-plated copper cable, but pure copper (using it with 1960 4wire) scales it up.  For sure, try it with your other thicker spc or pure silver cables.  W900 definitely has a great synergy with dx200 in balanced.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #3,732 of 22,021
You gonna love W900 :)  Pair up with DX200 is excellent, but you need at least 100hrs of burn in for its dynamic driver to settle down and tighten up and upper frequencies to come up a bit.  I know you are not a cable believer, and W900 comes standard with silver-plated copper cable, but pure copper (using it with 1960 4wire) scales it up.  For sure, try it with your other thicker spc or pure silver cables.  W900 definitely has a great synergy with dx200 in balanced.
Thanks. I have had my eyes on a beautiful OC Studio pure copper cable. So I will get it with a 2.5 balanced maybe.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #3,733 of 22,021

I have w500 ciem, how is the differences between w500 and w900?

Thank you

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #3,734 of 22,021

Kenz, about hissing, I think he meant an audible hiss you hear not during the playback, but when you pause/idle the music
wink.gif
  Otherwise, depending on the music you are listening to (EDM and heavy metal will drown all the background noise
biggrin.gif
), it's hard to judge about it.

Zeus is very sensitive, and the hissing in idle is quite noticeable, exactly the same level as LPG and X7 w/AM3.  Opus#1/#2 are a little bit less, X5iii hisses more (with Zeus).  If you want to reduce the hissing, you either use iEMatch (though you will loose top end brightness/sparkle with Zeus) or you use basic OFC cables which typically have higher impedance wires.  Switching to after market silver, pure copper, gold-plated, etc, - those cables have lower impedance and hissing level will go up.

Another thing to keep in mind, I'm talking about hissing level when you just plug in IEM (typically, very sensitive multi-BA c/iems).  Once you hit Play, many people don't hear hissing because of the music which drowns it, pushing it to the background.  If you play instrumental or music with quiet passages, you will hear it.  Furthermore, we all have different ear sensitivity and overall ear health due to lifetime exposure to loud noise/environment around us.  That will affect how we hear this "hissing"
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Hi Twister6,

Ops. Forgot to mention that part. Yup, my comments are based on before the music starts.
It's low enough that it sounds faded into the almost black background, similar to my experience with the Opus #1. 
And as of 60 hours break in for the DX200, i'm unable to pick up the hiss any more.

Just checked on low and high gain, same result. Am using the BTG starlight cable that came with the Zeus R. Not sure if that plays a part.

And yes, the hiss on FiioX5iii is very visible with the Zeus R.  

Still, good reminder. i'll bear that in mind. 
regular_smile .gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,735 of 22,021

You gonna love W900
smily_headphones1.gif
  Pair up with DX200 is excellent, but you need at least 100hrs of burn in for its dynamic driver to settle down and tighten up and upper frequencies to come up a bit.  I know you are not a cable believer, and W900 comes standard with silver-plated copper cable, but pure copper (using it with 1960 4wire) scales it up.  For sure, try it with your other thicker spc or pure silver cables.  W900 definitely has a great synergy with dx200 in balanced.

I have w500 ciem, how is the differences between w500 and w900?

Thank you

Sorry, never had a chance to listen to W300 or W500, but heard they are on a darker smoother side.  I think AAW is going for a more balanced tuning with W900 flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back