DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 29, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #3,391 of 22,021

What's the 'too much going on" I don't see much going on at all other than him trying to go back and forth screens, this is quite disappointing on a device that costs more than top of the line phones. I have now got a 300R and I have had no issues with performance.

Well as mentioned something is not right on the guy's DX200. But does not happen to everybody else. Many users here including me will be making noise already if this is common to all DX200 players. X7 has been disappointing so far to me as every time I use it there is always an issue that stops me from using it. Yet the X7 is improving every iteration of the beta FW but still have a few issues like random crashes that interrupts listening.

I have a DP-X1A, while the UI is much better now it is not without a fault as well. Given how early DX200's firmware, I say it's already on par with DP-X1 as far as the default player is concern. Why would you be disappointed and expecting performance at the same level as a smartphone? Even the DP-X1A is far from polished compared to a smartphone. Yet I don't mind as long as it makes me enjoy the music without the annoying issues that interrupts music playback.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #3,394 of 22,021
My video was a response to the earlier video
Where the owner was clearly having some trouble.

Just a contrast.

I missed touching the buttons a few times.

Holding the camera and using the ui was a bit harder than i thought.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #3,395 of 22,021

Well as mentioned something is not right on the guy's DX200. But does not happen to everybody else. Many users here including me will be making noise already if this is common to all DX200 players. X7 has been disappointing so far to me as every time I use it there is always an issue that stops me from using it. Yet the X7 is improving every iteration of the beta FW but still have a few issues like random crashes that interrupts listening.

I have a DP-X1A, while the UI is much better now it is not without a fault as well. Given how early DX200's firmware, I say it's already on par with DP-X1 as far as the default player is concern. Why would you be disappointed and expecting performance at the same level as a smartphone? Even the DP-X1A is far from polished compared to a smartphone. Yet I don't mind as long as it makes me enjoy the music without the annoying issues that interrupts music playback.

Even though I'm pissed off being the bummy user, I'm pretty sure this is an isolated issue (bummy me, right?) ... My unit is literaly unuseable, no matter what I do (upgrade FW, Factory Reset, clean screen ....). If it was a common issue, indeed none of the early adopters would have made any positive comments (there's quiete a few, I'm jealous).
I'll get in touch with Paul and see if the last FW upgrade he mentionned can solve the issue. If not, I would have a defect HW and will claim a replacement unit, **** happens ...

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #3,396 of 22,021

Even though I'm pissed off being the bummy user, I'm pretty sure this is an isolated issue (bummy me, right?) ... My unit is literaly unuseable, no matter what I do (upgrade FW, Factory Reset, clean screen ....). If it was a common issue, indeed none of the early adopters would have made any positive comments (there's quiete a few, I'm jealous).
I'll get in touch with Paul and see if the last FW upgrade he mentionned can solve the issue. If not, I would have a defect HW and will claim a replacement unit, **** happens ...

Sorry to hear, but thanks for explaining.

Have you tried rolling the firmware back to the version it was on before the issue started?

http://www.ibasso.com/down.php

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #3,397 of 22,021
My video was a response to the earlier video
Where the owner was clearly having some trouble.

Just a contrast.

I missed touching the buttons a few times.

Holding the camera and using the ui was a bit harder than i thought.

The big panels looks like an awesome idea. Probably the best U.I. that I have seen. I will bail out of thread till i get my hands on one. Would like an explorer system like that for my Note 4.

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #3,398 of 22,021
No I didn't rolled back the firware and won't even try (I already had the issue with previous FW). My feeling is that my unit is either having major hardware issue, or maybe slightly off-range calibration which could be solved by a firmware.
If next FW can't solve it, I'll return it, simple ... there's no reason for me not to get full benefit of new FW features ... Although a bit disappointed, my good old DX90 is still here and ready to keep me company should I need to return my DX200 ...

Jan 29, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #3,399 of 22,021
  No I didn't rolled back the firware and won't even try (I already had the issue with previous FW). My feeling is that my unit is either having major hardware issue, or maybe slightly off-range calibration which could be solved by a firmware.
If next FW can't solve it, I'll return it, simple ... there's no reason for me not to get full benefit of new FW features ... Although a bit disappointed, my good old DX90 is still here and ready to keep me company should I need to return my DX200 ...

Ok, no problem. It appears your touchscreen has had a complete spaz out internally.

I don't think I'd (personally) wait for another firmware, just get straight onto exchanging it.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #3,400 of 22,021

Did you take out the screen protector as suggested earlier by another user? Your DX200 looks like the sensitivity of the touchscreen is very low. In Android mode, I don't notice any lag, or perhaps I can tolerate a little lag. The lag I am noticing only happens when I switch to pure music mode which is when swiping left or right. That is consistent with all units right now. Even that is tolerable for me as I gotten the hang of it. The lag is consistent and can be anticipated not unlike something erratic like what you have in your video.

You should contact Paul right away to get it rectified. I'm sure after the Chinese New Year iBasso will immediately crack the whip and make their engineers look at each issues reported. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #3,401 of 22,021

That is lag.

I actually move through my screens faster so that pause between push and action is clear as day and annoying. Different strokes for different folks.

All GUI has lag. But like you said everyone has different level of tolerance. As for me I don't have any problems with DX200 as it is. If I do, I will surely voice it here. To be honest this is the first iBasso DAP that is the least annoying on their first release. I've had more grief with DX50 and DX90 on their initial release. Enough to skip DX80. 

I was ignoring this thread for a while, but the last few pages and Mim's initial impressions convinced me to jump ahead and get DX200. I understand if other people don't see the current UI unacceptable. But at this point I'm already satisfied. Sure I like to see the FW improved. But those improvements in my case will be minor in my books and not enough to think about porting Rockbox. 
L3000.gif

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #3,402 of 22,021
Is there anybody out there who has both ak240 and dx200 and able to compare them? (ak240 is used about the same price)

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #3,403 of 22,021
Is there anybody out there who has both ak240 and dx200 and able to compare them? (ak240 is used about the same price)
Not side by side, but from memory, the DX200 is wider, airier, more powerful by quite a margin, and the whole sound has much better body. Honestly the DX200 is closer to the Ak380 (and more powerful than it as well).

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #3,404 of 22,021

previous owner of ak240.

AK 240 give vocal-oriented and smooth treble. but DX200 has wider soundstage and treble is cleared to observe. Bass of DX200 is more extended. 

And of course output power is higher for DX200 so it can drive full-size better than AK240.

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #3,405 of 22,021
It's a rich detail/resolution monster, but with a special perk imo, DX200 doesn't seem to become fatiguing. Just this ever so slight hint of warmth around the mids that doesn't interfere with the retrieval. At higher volumes it gets a real 'high-end' presentation going that makes you smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back