DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 22, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #2,791 of 22,021
what about bass not only sub bass when you compare dx200 to fiio x7, as to me if you say fiio x7 has much more subass than the dx200, i then am confused as I find fiio x7 barely even hitting the ground with bass or sub bass, so i do not know how to interpret this other than to think dx200 might not suit people who like bass heavy music players

i think we need to start of creating a standard when we compare daps, like at least with what songs to choose, and if possible a list of few totl and mid tier iems, other wise we will keep on reading conflicting opinions

I agree and mentioned it a couple of times on other threads. comparison should mention all parameters/conditions. ie, volume matched, headphones used song etc. and make it standard so every reader can easily relate.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #2,792 of 22,021
I agree and mentioned it a couple of times on other threads. comparison should mention all parameters/conditions. ie, volume matched, headphones used song etc. and make it standard so every reader can easily relate.

yes this should be the new standard that is only allowed at head-fi when posting comparisons, 

I am sure there are some free songs we can use them for few genres that we can use for testing and comparisons, other than that all what is left is just speculations. Standards must be a must for comparing things so everyone can relate to things 

I would encourage HF to start setting rules for posting comparisons between daps, headphones and iems, were we are only allowed to use a set of songs that we can download from HF and use those as our standards in our comparisons. Our way of writing comparisons is starting to take it toll on us and standards must be put in place

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #2,793 of 22,021

I agree and will improve in my next review which I plan to do full review. Thank you for advise.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #2,794 of 22,021
My DX200 is 100 hr run in. So I will put my comparison here but I need to say that I cannot communicate in precise term. Just read for fun.

VS sony 1A SE: I think sony is bassier and more impact/attack and thicker and more forward human voice. Thus give listener fuller experience. It is less natural tonal compared to dx200. The soundstage and layer, dx200 is slightly outperform.
(Remark: I don't have 4.4 balanced adapter so might be a bit biased.)

VS OPUS 2 balanced: Really quite same level in every aspect.Vocal,Soundstage,layering, bass&impact both in tightness and quantity. OPUS 2 is only more extended treble. So hi-mid (female voice) is more open compared to DX200.

VS fiio x7 AM2 high gain: sub-bass and treble of fiio is much more than dx200. Fiio has also more forward mid. Smaller soundstage and layering is not doing well compared to dx200. Detail is also not in the league of dx200.

VS HM901 HM901 is warmer, more analog sound both in bass and mid range but less sparkling than dx200. DX200 has more detail and wider soundstage while hm901 has better soundstage in depth. DX200 has better instrumental separation.

Fiio X5iii is not even in the league.

After 200 hr, I will do compare more with qp1r ak320 and LPG.

Thanks for your impressions, and I'm very much looking forward to your further thoughts compared to QP1R:)... that's what I'm mostly listening to, nowadays:)

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,795 of 22,021
This must be based on Thai music. Not in the same league? Something is not right with a statement like that.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #2,796 of 22,021
yes this should be the new standard that is only allowed at head-fi when posting comparisons, 

I am sure there are some free songs we can use them for few genres that we can use for testing and comparisons, other than that all what is left is just speculations. Standards must be a must for comparing things so everyone can relate to things 

I would encourage HF to start setting rules for posting comparisons between daps, headphones and iems, were we are only allowed to use a set of songs that we can download from HF and use those as our standards in our comparisons. Our way of writing comparisons is starting to take it toll on us and standards must be put in place

Well, just need to mention the song used for comparison not limit it to set of songs. After all people have different taste in music. I think the test will be more meaningful if one use a song he/she is familiar with.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #2,799 of 22,021
Hi @Paul - iBasso

Just try DAC mode on Wins10 (driver download from Chinese site), work well with both 2.5mm and 3.5mm output. Anyhow could you please make Bluetooth output workable in this mode as well?

Cheers,
aLcHieZ

Why would you want that if it's going to be the same as connecting your bluetooth headphone to your Win10 PC? Unless your PC don't have bluetooth?

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #2,800 of 22,021
This must be based on Thai music. Not in the same league? Something is not right with a statement like that.

I am so sorry to make a statement like this. My intention is that it is in different price range so Iit is unfair to compare. I'm so sorry again for my insensitiveness and ignorance.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #2,801 of 22,021
I am so sorry to make a statement like this. My intention is that it is in different price range so Iit is unfair to compare. I'm so sorry again for my insensitiveness and ignorance.

Not again !
deadhorse.gif

"Fair" comparisons don't exist. Prices are free, and the whole world is unfair.

Given the spec sheets, I would say they are in the same league on paper (I would even give an edge to X5iii given the second microsd slot), so a comparison makes complete sense.
L3000.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #2,803 of 22,021
Not again ! :deadhorse:
"Fair" comparisons don't exist. Prices are free, and the whole world is unfair.

Given the spec sheets, I would say they are in the same league on paper (I would even give an edge to X5iii given the second microsd slot), so a comparison makes complete sense. :L3000:

I got it. I will do it right next week.

Thanks for advise everybody.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #2,804 of 22,021
I got it. I will do it right next week.

Thanks for advise everybody.
You did a good job with your impressions.
I am not looking to read a full review at this early stage. Glad to read what someone thinks as I embark upon my DX200 adventure.

Thanks.

Which filter did you use?

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #2,805 of 22,021
You did a good job with your impressions.
I am not looking to read a full review at this early stage. Glad to read what someone thinks as I embark upon my DX200 adventure.

Thanks.

Which filter did you use?

I use 1 and 6 mainly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back