Durable headphones
Jul 11, 2013 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MadPawel

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm working on construction and I need pair of headphones that can stand a beating. Now I'm using in ear Bose IE2 headphones. I would like some kind of headphones that wont fall out everytime I move and that will be able to stand the sweat and dirt. Preferably with some good bass and maybe noise canceling if it will fit in the price. The price range I have for them is around 80-120$.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 6
V-moda Crossfades are pretty indestructable as are V-Moda M-80s. Crossfades can easily be had in your price range and M80s can usually be had at Amazon Warehouse deals.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 6
agree with the V-Moda recommendation, made to last. Got V-80 and M-80 that have been thru..... and still going strong

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Although those are great headphones from the reviews, the OP is asking for IEMs... I came in here since I was looking for the same. I had some MEElectronics A151 which are great and stayed in my ear decently at the gym even with sweat. But the fit was increased 5x when I purchased the Comply foam tips and used them on my set instead...

I currently damaged them due to getting water in one driver in the rain and now I get insane distortion when I play anything at any volume. So I am now looking to maybe try something new OR go back to the A151s .... not sure yet.... 

Good luck OP, I'll keep an eye out on your thread and others and be back with suggestions hopefully
Quote:
V-moda Crossfades are pretty indestructable as are V-Moda M-80s. Crossfades can easily be had in your price range and M80s can usually be had at Amazon Warehouse deals.

Quote:
agree with the V-Moda recommendation, made to last. Got V-80 and M-80 that have been thru..... and still going strong

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Hi, I'm working on construction and I need pair of headphones that can stand a beating. Now I'm using in ear Bose IE2 headphones. I would like some kind of headphones that wont fall out everytime I move and that will be able to stand the sweat and dirt. Preferably with some good bass and maybe noise canceling if it will fit in the price. The price range I have for them is around 80-120$.

Try Shure SE-215. Bassy, decent mids, rolled-off highs. Kevlar reinforced cables. Long cable, so there's room to move. They loop over ear and fit in a way inside the ear area that a tug on them won't make them pop out of your ear. You can wear a motorcycle helmet while wearing these; that's how they lay into the ear. The IEM shuts noise out. I wear them in the NYC subway stations and don't hear when two subways come barreling into the station at once. You can use optional tips that will allow more ambient sound in if you need more sound. These are IEMs that are in your price range.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 6
+1 to both the A151s and SE215s. I've owned both and each served well in circumstances ranging from running to yard work. 151s will give better detail and more upper end frequencies while the 215s are a little warmer overall. Also the 151s are half the price of the 215.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back