Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jan 8, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #2,581 of 3,012
  @ Francisk, wow! That's so encouraging, and it's great to meet someone else who's used the Phonaks! I found them a bit bass light too, but was totally in love with the clarity, detail etc.
Why did they have to break?!
frown.gif

Yes, I was very fond of my Phonak until the Titan 1 came along....I love my Etymotic ER4 too but the Titan 1 with Comply T200 is so much more fun and comfortable too....and the bass is so nice and tight and extends well too without muddying the mids....I have nothing but praises for Dunu for their Titan 1. I'll go as far as to rate it the best IEM for under $150 IEM...hell...it stands it's own with IEMs that cost 2 or 3 times more.

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #2,582 of 3,012
I just sent the T3/5 off to the next participant of the Canadian tour.

Quick impressions... They are both quite amazing earphones for the price of admission, IMO.

I did find the T3 to be somewhat sibilant in only one song over 15-20 hours of listening but I could have not had a great seal at the time - more on that in my review.

I would take T5 over the T3 if you must know for the tally @nmatheis has going up above.

I'm missing them already. If the DN-2002's are way too expensive for me i'll at least be able to fall back on the T5s. :wink:

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #2,583 of 3,012
Quote:
  Okay, now that explains it. My pair is definitely of the latter sort, having around +10 dB in the sub-bass.

With deep insertion depth, treble is a down-sloping curve and overall sound is smooth, with quite warm mids.
With regular insertion depth, tonality is v-shaped with a steep and metallic peak both at 3 and 7 kHz. "Hot" is probably the wrong description, however above zero and narrow, hence very slightly piercing and definitely metallic. (Just took them out of my IEM shelf, did some listening and sine sweeps, and my impressions from many months ago were the same like what I have heard just now.)

As I am not the biggest fan of an overly warm midrange, I rather deal with the two treble spikes than the coloured mids.

Quote:
  Quote:

I'm not hearing a v-shaped presentation on the Carbo Tenore regardless of insertion depth. I'm hearing what james444 is hearing, a gentle roll-off in the treble region.

If there are such big variances as james444 mentioned though, then it's really luck of the draw.

I think the treble peaks on HiFiChris' Tenores may be resonances due to shallow fit. 10db sub-bass boost is pretty ridiculous and forces you to wear them shallowly to contain low range congestion :/

IME, there are two ways to deal with bassy Tenores (save for EQ): you can open them up and fix the driver's rear damping, or you can balance them out via front venting. The latter is actually quite easy, as shown for the IE8/80 in my linked post.

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #2,584 of 3,012
Got contacted by Mandy from Dunu to review the Titan 3. Will be sent a review sample soon. Hope to join this community soon. Being a fan of the FiiO EX1 (and Titan 1 by proxy), I hope to enjoy it immensely.

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #2,585 of 3,012
  Got contacted by Mandy from Dunu to review the Titan 3. Will be sent a review sample soon. Hope to join this community soon. Being a fan of the FiiO EX1 (and Titan 1 by proxy), I hope to enjoy it immensely.

Welcome aboard, my man. Looking forward to your thoughts on T3!
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #2,586 of 3,012
Jan 17, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #2,591 of 3,012
  Is there any specific way to remove the cable from the Earbuds? you just pull it correct? there is no locking  or twist to unlock etc...? Never own one of these detectable earbuds.

As Nik said, easy-peasy, but just want to add since you don't have any experience with removable mmcx connector cables, ALWAYS grab it by the housing of the connector and NEVER by the cable.  The housing has a nice rubbery grip, so it should be easy-peasy
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #2,595 of 3,012
Attack of the (Dunu) Titans 1,3,5 with comparisons with VSONIC GR07BE, Phonak Audeo, Hifiman Re400s!

Enjoy!
Titan 3: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-3/reviews/15085
Titan 5: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-5/reviews/15084

with reference to Titan 1: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/13302

Users who are viewing this thread

Back