DUNU LUNA - Impressions and Discussion
Mar 7, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #871 of 878
Something wicked my way came...

20220307_033846.jpg

...a cable that was not so long ago connected to a friend's A8000 is now permanently glued to my Luna

Whether out of my DX311mk1 or Pro iCan setup, listening to Nenad Vasilic's works is goosebumps material

This graphene infused silver-plated copper cable ignites Dunu's finest like no other in my stash (stock Luna noble, Hulk, Tianwaitian, iBasso CB13)

1646707208110.png

Honey and Blood (2006)

Around Nenad's double bass : drums, guitar, kaval flute, sax (soprano + tenor), trombone, accordion

The amazing energy of each instrument is conveyed with a powerful and controlled intensity such as I'd never heard so true with the Luna without EQing

@doctorjuggles thank you very much for this one, the Khanyayo Impi

(Still using one for your own NT6 ? :innocent: )

Mar 8, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #872 of 878
Something wicked my way came...

20220307_033846.jpg

...a cable that was not so long ago connected to a friend's A8000 is now permanently glued to my Luna

Whether out of my DX311mk1 or Pro iCan setup, listening to Nenad Vasilic's works is goosebumps material

This graphene infused silver-plated copper cable ignites Dunu's finest like no other in my stash (stock Luna noble, Hulk, Tianwaitian, iBasso CB13)

Honey and Blood (2006)

Around Nenad's double bass : drums, guitar, kaval flute, sax (soprano + tenor), trombone, accordion

The amazing energy of each instrument is conveyed with a powerful and controlled intensity such as I'd never heard so true with the Luna without EQing

@doctorjuggles thank you very much for this one, the Khanyayo Impi

(Still using one for your own NT6 ? :innocent: )
What eartips are those?

Mar 8, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #873 of 878
Mar 8, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #874 of 878
Jul 6, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #875 of 878
Can someone compare the IER-Z1R to the Dunu Luna, tuning, timbre, sound quality, technicalities, all that good stuff? Does the Luna have as have good mid bass to compensate its rolled off sub bass?

From the impressions I’m reading, I get that they lack extension on both ends but I’ve been on the lookout for a single dynamic driver IEM (cohesive compared to a hybrid) that also does the bass like the IER-Z1R and is an all rounder.

I tried the Final Audio A8000 and I sadly cannot listen to it for more than a few minutes before my ears start to fatigue from that boosted treble. The Z1R has a much more natural treble, and fuller bass response, the A8000 beats it on the mids section. Dunu Luna has been described as a fuller sounding A8000 but the bass extension might be an issue as well as the treble coming from the IER-Z1R.

Sennheiser IE600 & IE900 had their technical limitations compared to the beryllium IEMs. Luna is on my watch list as there aren’t that many still brand new to buy.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #876 of 878
Can someone compare the IER-Z1R to the Dunu Luna, tuning, timbre, sound quality, technicalities, all that good stuff? Does the Luna have as have good mid bass to compensate its rolled off sub bass?

From the impressions I’m reading, I get that they lack extension on both ends but I’ve been on the lookout for a single dynamic driver IEM (cohesive compared to a hybrid) that also does the bass like the IER-Z1R and is an all rounder.

I tried the Final Audio A8000 and I sadly cannot listen to it for more than a few minutes before my ears start to fatigue from that boosted treble. The Z1R has a much more natural treble, and fuller bass response, the A8000 beats it on the mids section. Dunu Luna has been described as a fuller sounding A8000 but the bass extension might be an issue as well as the treble coming from the IER-Z1R.

Sennheiser IE600 & IE900 had their technical limitations compared to the beryllium IEMs. Luna is on my watch list as there aren’t that many still brand new to buy.
I am not a fan of the Z1R and cannot directly compare the two as I do not own it. The Luna ( with the correct tips and fit - I use the AzlaSednaLight shorts ) has more bass than the A8000 and a superior midrange. The treble is also softer than the A8000. I would characterize it as on the brighter side of neutral, but with an overall lighter sound vs the top dogs ( Traillii, ERLK, Jewel, etc ). I know this is not what you requested, but thought this might be helpful. Tks.

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #877 of 878

I am not a fan of the Z1R and cannot directly compare the two as I do not own it. The Luna ( with the correct tips and fit - I use the AzlaSednaLight shorts ) has more bass than the A8000 and a superior midrange. The treble is also softer than the A8000. I would characterize it as on the brighter side of neutral, but with an overall lighter sound vs the top dogs ( Traillii, ERLK, Jewel, etc ). I know this is not what you requested, but thought this might be helpful. Tks.

I don't have both but from what I know about the Z1R, you could not have chosen a more different comparison to make. The signatures are quite the opposite to each other. t other. The Luna is more mids-focused and leans neutral-bright overall. The bass is still good, but it's not a cannon like the Z1R. It is more mid-bass focused overall.

Hope that helps!

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #878 of 878
I don't have both but from what I know about the Z1R, you could not have chosen a more different comparison to make. The signatures are quite the opposite to each other. t other. The Luna is more mids-focused and leans neutral-bright overall. The bass is still good, but it's not a cannon like the Z1R. It is more mid-bass focused overall.

Hope that helps!

Concur with that. As a fan of the Luna, I was pretty underwhelmed by the Z1R. Lots of mid-bass, and as a result, much too warm midrange for my taste. I don't think there will be many people who like both the Luna and Z1R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back