DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Jun 16, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #691 of 2,123

Actually I did, albeit for a rather brief amount of time (I was in a rush). The guy at the shop was almost overly enthusiastic in getting me to try it haha!

Sonically it sounded nice with a warm and smooth tonality. Good bass, fairly balanced mids and some sparkle in the highs. Probably more balanced than either VSD3/5 (comparable in sound quality as well) but not quite as clear and detailed as the Titan 1.

2K-j have a wildly different sound signature (much brighter) and belongs to a totally different league altogether.  

Lol, yeah looks like they wanted to push harder on those and tried to make you buy'em,desperately :wink: ......jk.

Agree,they are totally 2 different world,but just wanted to see how it fares with 2k-J

TY for the heads-up on AD01.

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #692 of 2,123
  Lol, yeah looks like they wanted to push harder on those and tried to make you buy'em,desperately :wink: ......jk.

Agree,they are totally 2 different world,but just wanted to see how it fares with 2k-J

TY for the heads-up on AD01.

No problem! The guy was actually very nice and listened to my feedback sincerely. As I said though, it was a brief listen and my opinion could easily change with a more attentive listening session.

Btw, the 2K-j demo unit at LMUE is using the clear silicon with red spacers - not sure how that is supposed to affect the treble response.  

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #693 of 2,123
  No problem! The guy was actually very nice and listened to my feedback sincerely. As I said though, it was a brief listen and my opinion could easily change with a more attentive listening session.

Btw, the 2K-j demo unit at LMUE is using the clear silicon with red spacers - not sure how that is supposed to affect the treble response.  

Oh that was my tuning cos I couldn't get it to produce any bass whatsoever in stock form, and it had pretty harsh (to me) highs. The red is the thickest ring is is supposed to give a better seal as well as possibly reduce the highs. I'd also put on the translucent bass ring, it sits right behind the red ring iirc..

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #694 of 2,123

Oh that was my tuning cos I couldn't get it to produce any bass whatsoever in stock form, and it had pretty harsh (to me) highs. The red is the thickest ring is is supposed to give a better seal as well as possibly reduce the highs. I'd also put on the translucent bass ring, it sits right behind the red ring iirc..

I see! Did this setting change anything for you?

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #695 of 2,123
Its official guys, the DN-2000j is the best hybrid i've heard to date. It could've been the Tralucent 1Plus2 but the one I tried was the 1st version which isn't on par with the latest version as per the guys who have compared both. The treble was harsher on the 1plus2 I tried.

The key here is to take your time in finding the best tips for your DN-2000j. Another important factor isthe source. In my experience, the treble wasn't as controlled straight out of the FiiO x3 2nd gen. But adding the Jds labs c5d in the chain and the result is astounding.

Im not saying this is the best IEM for everyone but if we talk about technical ability the DN-2000j is definitely one of the best out there.

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #696 of 2,123
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way Mark 
wink.gif
. Definitely replaced the Fidue A83 as my go-to IEM (well the 2000J and the Trinity Delta).

Jun 16, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #697 of 2,123
The hybrid tips actually make it sound tolerable on the Clip+, I worry how much they actually alter the sound, lol (though still enjoying it). I will have to try the cotton swab/wax mesh tricks and see how they compare.

That aside, the 2000J are growing on me quite a bit as well.

Well, I like a little bit brighter, like the K3003, so these reallly interest me.  However, K3003 is right on the cusp of being too high, so if these are much brighter than they, it could be a problem for a lot of people.

Doesn't stop me from really wanting to try them out!  selling anyone?

How attached are you to FAD Heaven VI?
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #698 of 2,123
  The hybrid tips actually make it sound tolerable on the Clip+, I worry how much they actually alter the sound, lol (though still enjoying it). I will have to try the cotton swab/wax mesh tricks and see how they compare.

That aside, the 2000J are growing on me quite a bit as well.

How attached are you to FAD Heaven VI?
biggrin.gif

my heaven VI got stolen, but I have the Heaven VIII now.  And yes, I am VERY attached to them.  Nothing else like them on the market; not even Dunu's.  I'm not saying that they're better than everything else, just different.  Really would like to here these DN-2000J's, though.  I heard and liked the DN-1000, and always wanted to try the 2000's, but another headphone always came up that I had to try :p

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #699 of 2,123
I see! Did this setting change anything for you?

It was like a 'oh I finally get what all the hype is about' moment. Really quite liked the mids but the treble was still a bit too hot for me, not unlike the Noble 4U. All these are just from memory though as I've not heard it for a couple of weeks. Will see if I can have a quick test tomorrow in stock form and maybe with different tips.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way Mark :wink: . Definitely replaced the Fidue A83 as my go-to IEM (well the 2000J and the Trinity Delta).

I was hoping to like the 2kj until getting reminded about the Deltas loll.. Now I hope the 2kj will be the 2nd best hybrid I hear. Can't wait to receive the package from Trinityyyy...

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #700 of 2,123
I went back with my ZX2 to give them another try. They did fare a bit better but my ears still just wont agree with those treble peaks at all. It is unfortunate as I think it has unbelievable clarity and a very high quality bass and I really wanted to like them. Seems like they are purposefully designed for low volume listening where the sibilance or harshness is not that bothersome. I will stick with my Titan 1 for the time being. 

That last part really worries me, i like high isolation and deep insertion so the looks of th dunus worry me. And playing them at low volume with this low isolation/shallow fit from the looka of it might be a problem

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #701 of 2,123
  my heaven VI got stolen, but I have the Heaven VIII now.  And yes, I am VERY attached to them.  Nothing else like them on the market; not even Dunu's.  I'm not saying that they're better than everything else, just different.  Really would like to here these DN-2000J's, though.  I heard and liked the DN-1000, and always wanted to try the 2000's, but another headphone always came up that I had to try :p

Oh wow, sorry to hear that. What a bummer :frowning2:

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #702 of 2,123

Thanks Red for your post.  I just got the 2000j and wasn't getting a good seal until I tried what you said.  

They do sound good, but am having a tough time justifying the $335 bucks I just spent on them. I go back and forth comparing to my Titans and can't make up my mind if the 2000j is worth the extra $200 bucks.  The Titans are so comfortable...        

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #703 of 2,123

Finally, it's in my hand now for such a great price, $280 (36,000Yen from Japan).
Really love the extra bass from the bass rubber band.
With the extra bass, treble feels a bit less harsh to me. Hotel california just sounds incredible. Anyway, I hear the cracking driver flex on the right side almost every time I put them on. Am I gonna damage the driver quicker than usual? A bit worry here.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #704 of 2,123
Finally, it's in my hand now for such a great price, $280 (36,000Yen from Japan).
With the extra bass, treble feels a bit less harsh to me. Hotel california just sounds incredible. Anyway, I hear the cracking driver flex on the right side almost every time I put them on. Am I gonna damage the driver quicker than usual? A bit worry here.

wow, nice price. maybe I should'nt have jumped the gun so early lol... though I've probably already gotten the extra $ worth out of them in hours listening.

I really liked the bass ring sound as well, but similar concerns, also was actually painful for me to insert. idk if sound or just air pressure, even holding the ear back doesn't help w/ that. Oh well, at least it's a cool novelty feature.

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #705 of 2,123

Thanks Red for your post.  I just got the 2000j and wasn't getting a good seal until I tried what you said.  

They do sound good, but am having a tough time justifying the $335 bucks I just spent on them. I go back and forth comparing to my Titans and can't make up my mind if the 2000j is worth the extra $200 bucks.  The Titans are so comfortable...        

Glad that helped you! 
biggrin.gif

Perhaps you could give it a try for a couple of weeks first to let the drivers and your brain burn in. Should you still feel that the price is difficult to swallow, you'll definitely not find a lack of ready buyers over here. 
tongue_smile.gif

On the comfort issue, somehow the 2000J wasn't as comfortable to wear with wires over-ear compared with the 2000. Those little metal stud things were poking into my ear. With wires down though, the silicon hook things made it super comfortable.

Wow where did you get it from? Or is it available from any music shop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back