Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Mar 8, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #16 of 1,320

$250 USD sounds around figures I was thinking. Still, that's near $300+ AUD for us. I predict H-300 and DN-2000 will place quite a fight against each other in the coming months. Both companies have shown us what they're capable of in the $200 - $250 bracket with impressive results, and as preference I actually prefer Dunu's DN-1000 over H-200, however since hearing H-300 most recently I wonder if DN-2000 will offer similar performance. It's rather hard for me to say any hybrid I've heard (besides Tralucents 1Plus2) can match the dynamic driver control and performance over T-Peos H-200 and H-300, something that lacks in DN-1000. I hope Dunu have stepped up their dynamic driver for DN-2000.

Yep, I hope the same mate, though I think all along the plan was for DN-2000 to have a neutral sound, even reference-type. I have to admit that I am hoping that will be the case, as most triple hybrid have similar type of sound (between balanced to U/V shaped), so if DN-2000 is tuned for that neutral/reference type sound, that will be the first triple hybrid to have such signature

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #18 of 1,320

Yep, I hope the same mate, though I think all along the plan was for DN-2000 to have a neutral sound, even reference-type. I have to admit that I am hoping that will be the case, as most triple hybrid have similar type of sound (between balanced to U/V shaped), so if DN-2000 is tuned for that neutral/reference type sound, that will be the first triple hybrid to have such signature

Even if that would be nice... Oh man, I was hoping for something different from my Q701s. If the DN2k are neutral, I'm maybe better off with the DN1k. At only <50$ more I'm still considering the DN2k. This is so hard...

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #19 of 1,320

Even if that would be nice... Oh man, I was hoping for something different from my Q701s. If the DN2k are neutral, I'm maybe better off with the DN1k. At only <50$ more I'm still considering the DN2k. This is so hard...

Buy them all, and then sell whichever one you like less 
wink_face.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #25 of 1,320
also - innit the head-fi tradition - not only buy, but also - pre-order several without hearing
biggrin.gif

>if Rocky would welcome

I'm going to go ahead and assume he's a person at Dunu, not the other Rocky
biggrin.gif

No, he's actually the other Rocky 
wink_face.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #26 of 1,320
Yep, I'm utterly torn now. Been wanting to try out a hybrid IEM, and no clue which route to go. I know I'm slightly bass head, so if the 2k is neutral that's probably out. Any thoughts /suggestions?

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #27 of 1,320
Yep, I'm utterly torn now. Been wanting to try out a hybrid IEM, and no clue which route to go. I know I'm slightly bass head, so if the 2k is neutral that's probably out. Any thoughts /suggestions?

only other new hybrids within the same price point is the new h-300 and um 3x. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm just gonna wait until next week for tour impressions of the h-300 and um 3x to start rolling out.

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #28 of 1,320
  only other new hybrids within the same price point is the new h-300 and um 3x. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm just gonna wait until next week for tour impressions of the h-300 and um 3x to start rolling out.

There's also the lower H-X00s and the D1k and D900 for less.  I've yet to break $100 on an IEM, so the lesser ones should be a bit of an upgrade for me as well.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back