Dunu DN- 1000's OR HiFiMan - RE 600's
Jan 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Geekydaddy

New Head-Fier
  I have read great reviews for both ~

I use custom UE's for band stuff and need IEM's for music listening. I have a headphone amp and player but may also use my S5 at times.

I love all types of music too. Looking in the $200 range.

Thanks for suggestions/advice , Bob

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 9
RE-600 easily, a great iem especially for its current price.

almost TOTL sound at mid-price.

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 9
The problem is you need to tell us more information, like what kind of signature you like do you like a bit of bass? I've never heard RE600 which takes us no where in that direction but Dunu DN-1000 is a hybrid I recommend constantly to people, mainly for those who like a decent low end, slightly forward and enhanced with sub-bass, while the mids and highs controlled from those dual balanced armaures remain quite clean, transparent and detailed, you're talking quite an amount of clairty for the price range. It sounds very clean with a nice amount of oomph in the low end. Its soundstage also a huge plus as quite expansive / out of your head. Most people I recommend DN-1000 always come back pleased, its simply a hybrid that was tuned well fittting many requirements and genres, also punches higher than its price suggests. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 9
Thx for the replies peeps...much appreciated.
I enjoy pristine,balanced sound with nice bottom end.

In reading about the Dunu's.. is the extra $80 or so worth the upgrade to the 2000's feom the 1000's ?

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #6 of 9
The problem is you need to tell us more information, like what kind of signature you like do you like a bit of bass? I've never heard RE600 which takes us no where in that direction but Dunu DN-1000 is a hybrid I recommend constantly to people, mainly for those who like a decent low end, slightly forward and enhanced with sub-bass, while the mids and highs controlled from those dual balanced armaures remain quite clean, transparent and detailed, you're talking quite an amount of clairty for the price range. It sounds very clean with a nice amount of oomph in the low end. Its soundstage also a huge plus as quite expansive / out of your head. Most people I recommend DN-1000 always come back pleased, its simply a hybrid that was tuned well fittting many requirements and genres, also punches higher than its price suggests. 

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 9
Thx for the replies peeps...much appreciated.
I enjoy pristine,balanced sound with nice bottom end.

In reading about the Dunu's.. is the extra $80 or so worth the upgrade to the 2000's feom the 1000's ?

The DN-2000 is more balanced overall, particularly the low end has a flatter response. In only my opinion I didn't feel the upgrade was justified over DN-1000, especially when it was amped as it is one IEM I think scaled up well. but this is because I already owned DN-1000, going fresh one might say going straight to the 2000 is preferred. Other reputable members rate them it may come down to genre, for example, you like electronic music or rap music the bigger bass of DN-1000 is better suited. I think you'll find others who completey agree 2000 is an upgrade too.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either really. How much will you miss the money, - it's your call. :wink:

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 9
H20..."How much will you miss the money?" Thanks, I needed that laugh...one meeds to live with my wife to fully understand :p
Today I pulled the trigger on the 2000's for two reasons -
1. The spacer kit which could be a blessing for optimal fit. I still have lingering memories of my TF10's which I could never get a good fit with and eventually had reshelled.
2. Not looking to shake my fillings loose with bass. I enjoy a more balanced mix. If I want more or less bass, eq'ing is always an option.
Curious to know ship times ordered from eBay ?

Cheers , Bob

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 9
H20..."How much will you miss the money?" Thanks, I needed that laugh...one meeds to live with my wife to fully understand
tongue.gif

Today I pulled the trigger on the 2000's for two reasons -
1. The spacer kit which could be a blessing for optimal fit. I still have lingering memories of my TF10's which I could never get a good fit with and eventually had reshelled.
2. Not looking to shake my fillings loose with bass. I enjoy a more balanced mix. If I want more or less bass, eq'ing is always an option.
Curious to know ship times ordered from eBay ?

Cheers , Bob

Ok, I think you'll be pleased. I would allow 2-3 weeks for their arrival, (that's just being realistic).

Then I suggest you never come back here ever again, or there will be many more "How much will you miss the money" questions upon you. 
tongue_smile.gif

If you want to join in on the DN-2000 topic when they arrive here's the main thread for that.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/708935/dunu-dn-2000-hybrid-impressions-thread-its-here

Goodluck! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back