Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #166 of 2,536
  Well, in cases like this you just contact the seller if something happens. A lot of Chinese manufacturers don't have authorized ebay sellers - that doesn't mean that these ebay sellers aren't reputable and won't replace your items if they are faulty. It's not like we often send faulty products straight to the manufacturers anyway - 99% of the cases you send the item back to the store or the seller you bought it from. I'm pretty sure you won't have issues with bigbargainonline if you have to send your dunus back, so you should just relax.

I think the point here is that the seller doesnt have to.  Say they go defective 8 months from now, feedback has already been left, money gone, they can just turn around and say sorry, we are unable to replace your earphone because a, b, c. Not saying that bigbargainonline would act like that, but the point is that they could.  That is the whole point of buying from an authorized dealer so you dont have the what if.

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #167 of 2,536

I think the point here is that the seller doesnt have to.  Say they go defective 8 months from now, feedback has already been left, money gone, they can just turn around and say sorry, we are unable to replace your earphone because a, b, c. Not saying that bigbargainonline would act like that, but the point is that they could.  That is the whole point of buying from an authorized dealer so you dont have the what if.

Well, for that matter the manufacturer doesn't have to do it too. I've had my share of dealing with big companies and their warranty service centers and on quite a few occasions I've been told that the product has malfunctioned or stopped working because of me and that the warranty doesn't cover that even if it wasn't my fault. You can't always expect the worse from ebay sellers and you can't always rely on the manufacturers themselves. Now if you bought the product from a store it's different - you can always make a scene and get your stuff fixed or replaced even if you cased the damage 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #169 of 2,536
Our issues seem to have been resolved by Dunu. Thank you.

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #170 of 2,536
deleted

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #171 of 2,536
  A bit too much outrage in my opinion, they're still new and people are spoiling their own enjoyment because of warranty fears?

+1 on that. It's like they already assumed that not only it's inevitable that their dn-1000s will break during the warranty period but no one will cover that warranty and that makes them mad.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #172 of 2,536
Concerning warranty on the DN-1000 when purchased through ebay seller bigbargainonline, it says that there is a "1 year free warranty, no need to pay extra for the warranty."

I am guessing that if ever something goes wrong with a unit sold by them within a year, that they, bigbargainonline will be the one to take care of it. Not Dunu, the company themselves.

It's incredibly shady that on the Dunu website, their "where to buy" link directs to ebay listings. And the recent post from the spokesperson about Dunu not having an authorized ebay seller.

If my assumption that bigbargainonline covers the products they sell, then I have to give props to the seller and not the company.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #173 of 2,536
Well, as Ericp mentioned above, the ebay seller nonsense, linked by Dunu but not authorized, is just one of several issues with this company.

There was controversy over two differently tuned versions of the same earphone, Chinese vs International versions.

Originally Posted by rockywu0204 

Actually the sound is slightly different. Current version tweak treble and enhance clarity than older version. 

As to why you might get a older version. It's we have a try out group buy in July in China. That's first batch. Some just bought it and post on ebay about two months ago.

However, we try to adding some accessory and meanwhile make some tweaks. BTW China and international edition is about the same as Clieos said. So don't worry about it.

Two versions, but don't worry about it.... see pages 4-7 of this thread for that bit of drama/confusion.

... and both have same packaging, and no way to tell them apart...

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #174 of 2,536
  Well, as Ericp mentioned above, the ebay seller nonsense, linked by Dunu but not authorized, is just one of several issues with this company.

There was controversy over two differently tuned versions of the same earphone, Chinese vs International versions.

Two versions, but don't worry about it.... see pages 4-7 of this thread for that bit of drama/confusion.

... and both have same packaging, and no way to tell them apart...

Exactly Carlsan. Not listening to anyone who says this is not a big deal. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #175 of 2,536
When people spend their money they have a right to gripe if they feel business practices are suspect. The eBay seller is only one of many issues here with Dunu. I think those of us who bought our earphones this way don't really care about the opinions of those who have no skin in this incident. Since Dunu isn't trying to resolve these concerns, I will personally encourage my friends here (and elsewhere) not to do business with Dunu.

Thanks for your opinion.

Regarding the issue, we should make anouncement eariler. This is truly our mistake not to correct it in the first place. We are sorry this case.
Where to buy on www.dunu-topsound.com now change to our amazon store. Later we will post official announcement both on FB and our wevsite. And we will cover 1 warranty to those who buy from unauthorized reseller on eBay. As long as you purchase DUNU product in this period , June 2013 to October. (We checked those unauthorized reseller appear since when ). Finally, customer right is cherished. So please preserve your purchase record thanks.

My apology to you all as well, and if you have any inquiry please let us know thanks.

Our official email is dunu@dunu-topsound.com.

Concerning warranty on the DN-1000 when purchased through ebay seller bigbargainonline, it says that there is a "1 year free warranty, no need to pay extra for the warranty."

I am guessing that if ever something goes wrong with a unit sold by them within a year, that they, bigbargainonline will be the one to take care of it. Not Dunu, the company themselves.

It's incredibly shady that on the Dunu website, their "where to buy" link directs to ebay listings. And the recent post from the spokesperson about Dunu not having an authorized ebay seller.

If my assumption that bigbargainonline covers the products they sell, then I have to give props to the seller and not the company.

Thanks for your opinion Where to buy corrected. And please accept our apology.

As far as I know, it's The company to provide RMA service.  I am not sure what kind of service they provide. But when it comes to housing, I believe they can't provide the RMA service. To open the housing it might break the housing and unit and not to mention the spare unit and tech required.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #176 of 2,536

Thanks for your opinion.

Regarding the issue, we should make anouncement eariler. This is truly our mistake not to correct it in the first place. We are sorry this case.
Where to buy on www.dunu-topsound.com now change to our amazon store. Later we will post official announcement both on FB and our wevsite. And we will cover 1 warranty to those who buy from unauthorized reseller on eBay. As long as you purchase DUNU product in this period , June 2013 to October. (We checked those unauthorized reseller appear since when ). Finally, customer right is cherished. So please preserve your purchase record thanks.

My apology to you all as well, and if you have any inquiry please let us know thanks.

Great...their Amazon storefront doesn't have the DN-1000...

EDIT: as of this post, it seems you can still buy from ebay for the next 9 days and still have Dunu honor the warranty!

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #177 of 2,536

Thanks for your opinion.

Thanks for your opinion Where to buy corrected. And please accept our apology.

As far as I know, it's The company to provide RMA service.  I am not sure what kind of service they provide. But when it comes to housing, I believe they can't provide the RMA service. To open the housing it might break the housing and unit and not to mention the spare unit and tech required.

Thank you. That's all I really wanted, some accountability toward the customers such as myself and others. As you can see, I and others have not stated anything negative about the product itself (I've been highly impressed with the sound), but the customer support and business practices needed improvement. I accept your apology, and now hopefully we can move forward with a positive vibe. Again, thank you for acknowledging our issues and concerns.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #180 of 2,536
I just received mine just now,honestly what the heck, this is really excellent sounding iem for the money. In my opinion most beautiful iem dunu have ever brought to us, although i am not really a fan of its fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back