Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #151 of 2,536
Quick thoughts: 

Just got them in right now at work.  Using my PCStep.  They are heavier than I thought they would be but feel good. Might be bothersome to others.  Using the stock tip that comes on it, with no sound rings the sound is very clean.  Bass texture and impact is great when the song calls for it.  The highs are polite and clean.  Not offensive at all and I dont feel theyre lacking.  Maybe a tad on the dark side?  The mids seem like theyre a little farther back than I am used to but I could be wrong.  

Build quality looks good, feels good in the hand.  although being heavy, I can move my head around and it doesnt come unsealed.  came with a large selection of tips, ear glides, and some other stuff. 

Now to see if any tips / rings make it better.

@Eric, do you have any suggestions?  

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #154 of 2,536
  Quick thoughts: 

Just got them in right now at work.  Using my PCStep.  They are heavier than I thought they would be but feel good. Might be bothersome to others.  Using the stock tip that comes on it, with no sound rings the sound is very clean.  Bass texture and impact is great when the song calls for it.  The highs are polite and clean.  Not offensive at all and I dont feel theyre lacking.  Maybe a tad on the dark side?  The mids seem like theyre a little farther back than I am used to but I could be wrong.  

Build quality looks good, feels good in the hand.  although being heavy, I can move my head around and it doesnt come unsealed.  came with a large selection of tips, ear glides, and some other stuff. 

Now to see if any tips / rings make it better.

@Eric, do you have any suggestions?  

I've found the most balanced sound (don't know if I can call it neutral with such bass) is the red ring with the large black silicon stock tips. I hear tons of details throughout the entire sound spectrum, but nothing is really bleeding into the mids. And the wider the bore the wider the soundstage.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #155 of 2,536
  Now that's interesting since bigbargainonline was for the longest the only dealer listed directed on Dunu's website when it provided a link as to where to buy the DN-1000. That makes no sense at all! That's how I found bigbargainonline, from the Dunu website. So they would provide a link to a dealer that's not their authorized dealer? Can someone explain this one to me? 

Thanks Ericp10. Currently our ebay service is not available. Also beware that there is no official authorized dn-1000 seller on ebay. Probably November you can find one.

Please notice that purchase from them might not get our full RMA service.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #156 of 2,536

Thanks Ericp10. Currently our ebay service is not available. Also beware that there is no official authorized dn-1000 seller on ebay. Probably November you can find one.

Aw thats not cool. I was told the seller I bought it from was an authorized dealer. If I had known, I would have purchased it directly from you (even though your reply via facebook was very late).  In any case, I do like what I am hearing here with the DN1K!

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #157 of 2,536

That's not cool at all rockywu0204 This is the website that linked me to where I purchased the DN-1000

http://www.dunu-topsound.com/DN-1000.html

So that site has nothing to do with your company? If not you guys should be making moves to have it taken down from the Internet. This is very disappointing that people are buying your product and thinking they are getting an authentic product from a authorized seller. And the ebay website claims the item has the authorized one-year warranty for the DN-1K. I'll speak to you some more about this in you inbox.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #158 of 2,536
That's not cool at all rockywu0204 This is the website that linked me to where I purchased the DN-1000

http://www.dunu-topsound.com/DN-1000.html

So that site has nothing to do with your company? If not you guys should be making moves to have it taken down from the Internet. This is very disappointing that people are buying your product and thinking they are getting an authentic product from a authorized seller. And the ebay website claims the item has the authorized one-year warranty for the DN-1K. I'll speak to you some more about this in you inbox.

I agree with ericp on this.

In my case, the eBay seller guarantees 1yr warranty so I'll take his word for it.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #159 of 2,536
subbed.

Looking for hybrid IEM as my next purchase come Christmas time.

By then, an official ebay seller might be available, and more impressions/reviews on the other hybrid IEM I was eying: XBA-H1.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #160 of 2,536
Well I think Dunu is being really shady right now. I won't comment on their products anymore (even if I like them). But I will comment on their business practices. And it won't be anything positive. It will be BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

If that link is their webpage (which I haven't gotten an answer to yet), there's a spot that says "Where to buy." It links to the ebayer where I and some others bought the DN-1000. To me, it's deceptive to say that's not an authorized dealer yet the company links to the ebay seller from their webpage. Now I've asked rocky if that is their webpage (it has information about Dunu and their other products all over it). Still no answer. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #161 of 2,536
@eric, I completely expect them to cover under warranty my purchase.  Not that I've ever had any of my earphones/headphones break but still.  Any future purchases can be disputed, but until his post yesterday, I was under the assumption that I was covered.   If Rocky comes back and says no and its not covered, I would gladly return/sell these and never buy another product from them.  

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #162 of 2,536
  @eric, I completely expect them to cover under warranty my purchase.  Not that I've ever had any of my earphones/headphones break but still.  Any future purchases can be disputed, but until his post yesterday, I was under the assumption that I was covered.   If Rocky comes back and says no and its not covered, I would gladly return/sell these and never buy another product from them.  

X2 ... It's a shame that a product turns out to be good, but you can't endorse it because the company's customer service and consumer relations practices seem to be shady. I'm just saying.

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #163 of 2,536
This all pisses me off...
Just got these today from the authorized/unauthorized ebay seller/reseller, whatever.

Now I don't even feel like opening the box.

What kind of business model is Dunu running anyway? Let's shoot ourselves in the foot, as many times as we can, by confusing our customers???

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #164 of 2,536
  This all pisses me off...
Just got these today from the authorized/unauthorized ebay seller/reseller, whatever.

Now I don't even feel like opening the box.

What kind of business model is Dunu running anyway? Let's shoot ourselves in the foot, as many times as we can, by confusing our customers???

X2! Exactly! So if something goes wrong with these earphones, they can say, "Well, that's not one of our people, although we link to him from our webpage ... So we're not fixing it!" 

This is some real (censored)!

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #165 of 2,536
Well, in cases like this you just contact the seller if something happens. A lot of Chinese manufacturers don't have authorized ebay sellers - that doesn't mean that these ebay sellers aren't reputable and won't replace your items if they are faulty. It's not like we often send faulty products straight to the manufacturers anyway - 99% of the cases you send the item back to the store or the seller you bought it from. I'm pretty sure you won't have issues with bigbargainonline if you have to send your dunus back, so you should just relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back