Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Sep 10, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #2,161 of 2,536
  has anyone repaired the wire or any type of wire problem with the dunu 1000?

my wires are stiff and now some on/off sound distortion if the cable gets pressed etc.

When I read the whole thread (yes, I did it once), someone mentioned a guy that recables the DN-1000 and did a great job. He even posted his contact. I would like to see it posted again.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #2,163 of 2,536
has anyone repaired the wire or any type of wire problem with the dunu 1000?

my wires are stiff and now some on/off sound distortion if the cable gets pressed etc.

I just received mine back about a couple of weeks ago.. Cable definitely feels like its a better quality.. My right driver flex fixed.. Its all sounding marvellicious now. Just email them and alert them of your problem and they will assist you with your issues. Just need to pay for shipping. Whole process to and fro takes abt 3-4wks for me.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #2,164 of 2,536
I just received mine back about a couple of weeks ago.. Cable definitely feels like its a better quality.. My right driver flex fixed.. Its all sounding marvellicious now. Just email them and alert them of your problem and they will assist you with your issues. Just need to pay for shipping. Whole process to and fro takes abt 3-4wks for me.

was it dunu warranty that covered it ? which email did you use
?

i used the one from dunu topsound website something like veronica@dunu but she hasnt replied yet

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #2,165 of 2,536
was it dunu warranty that covered it ? which email did you use

?

i used the one from dunu topsound website something like veronica@dunu but she hasnt replied yet

dunu@dunu.com.cn Thats what i use and liaise with a Vivian who is very helpful.

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #2,166 of 2,536
I've purchased mines recently and I think the new cable is very good. As thick as the cable of my old JVC FX700 that passed 2 years. Since I got 2 years warranty from zococity, I'm not really worried about the fact it's not removable.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #2,167 of 2,536
Gotta lot of love for these IEM's.

Just spent 4 hours with them with my oppo HA-2 and well, I'm still getting those "What" moments to put it in audiophile terms. 
biggrin.gif

Love these things. HA-2 with DN1K's is the bomb.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #2,168 of 2,536
  Gotta lot of love for these IEM's.

Just spent 4 hours with them with my oppo HA-2 and well, I'm still getting those "What" moments to put it in audiophile terms. 
biggrin.gif

Love these things. HA-2 with DN1K's is the bomb.

So was it a recent purchase?

They are phenomenal. True audiophile sound. But they shine with the right tips. I'm using the biflanges with wide bore. What a difference for the other tips!

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #2,169 of 2,536

So was it a recent purchase?

They are phenomenal. True audiophile sound. But they shine with the right tips. I'm using the biflanges with wide bore. What a difference for the other tips!

No. I've had them for nearly a year but the HA-2 with the Sabre DAC has really brought them to life.

Prior to the oppo I was using the original X3 which I liked but the Wolfson DAC sounds veiled in comparison. I'm using the large foam tips which gives me the bass slam I like. I may try the JVC spiral dots but will also order some more large foamies from Dunu.

For $200 you can't go wrong IMHO.

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2,170 of 2,536
Here's the tip I'm talking about:

Makes a world of a difference for the foam tips or any other stock tip. Try them out and thank me later.

Do not confuse these with ones that are identical, but have a thin bore. These are the WIDE bore ones.

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2,171 of 2,536
Just got mine yesterday and I'll just add another great review for these. I'm using them out of my phone and i'm amazed at how good they sound. For that price the clarity, soundstage and balanced sound is insane value. Highly recommended.

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,172 of 2,536
  Just got mine yesterday and I'll just add another great review for these. I'm using them out of my phone and i'm amazed at how good they sound. For that price the clarity, soundstage and balanced sound is insane value. Highly recommended.

Congrats and awaiting for that review
beerchug.gif

Be sure you try out the forementioned tips. It's totally worth it.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,173 of 2,536

Makes a world of a difference for the foam tips or any other stock tip. Try them out and thank me later.

Do not confuse these with ones that are identical, but have a thin bore. These are the WIDE bore ones.

I picked up the DN-1000 recently and have been trying various tips / spacer combos. Amazing how much more comfortable these are then the Shure 425, more satisfying as well.

I'm down to the clear tips with the blue spacer, or the bi-flanges you are talking about with the silver spacer. The wide-bore bi-flange do seem to make the sound a bit crisper, which is interesting. Both are good and comfortable, seems the bi-flange brings out the details a touch more. 

Looks like you're using a spacer, what did you land on?

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,174 of 2,536

I picked up the DN-1000 recently and have been trying various tips / spacer combos. Amazing how much more comfortable these are then the Shure 425, more satisfying as well.

I'm down to the clear tips with the blue spacer, or the bi-flanges you are talking about with the silver spacer. The wide-bore bi-flange do seem to make the sound a bit crisper, which is interesting. Both are good and comfortable, seems the bi-flange brings out the details a touch more. 

Looks like you're using a spacer, what did you land on?

Thats exactly what they do.

I'm using the silver spacer. Best combo for me.

Sep 13, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,175 of 2,536

I have not tried those tips as yet but will this weekend. I shall than thank you or.......
eek.gif

If I have one complaint about these is the weight of them necessitating the use of the supplied cable clip. That and I think I'm over cables in general.

Currently looking at a wireless rig as well but whilst huge advances have been made with regard to Bluetooth I still think I'm going to be disappointed with the sound re wired vs wireless.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back