Duck Dodgers
Aug 24, 2003 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
Did anyone else watch the new Duck Dodgers cartoon?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 11
Kelly,

No I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard of it and am quite interested. What did you think?

btw I keep thinking about the baseball team whenever I see that title. Kind of like an exclamation, "Duck, Dodgers!" whenever Andy Ashby gets hit particularly hard.

Aug 24, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 11
I actually liked it a lot--it had a lot more classic Looney Tunes feel to it than Warner's other modern cartoons (Tazmania, Animaniacs, Tiny Toonys, etc.). It was very over-the-top--some would say silly. I liked that. The 3d art was blended very well but I'd expect no less from that studio. Those guys are extremely talented--very underutilized in most cases.

Aug 25, 2003 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by DLP
I love the commercials, I gotta remember to tape it cause I'm not home on Saturday at that time.

Heh, tape--how last millenium of you. (See other threads on Tivo and ReplayTV.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by DLP
Heh, empty wallet. How common of me
eggosmile.gif

For less than the price of a pair of Grado headphones, you could get Tivo. For only pennies a day...

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #8 of 11
Kelly,

Saw the repeat tonight. Very nicely made. I agree that the 3d art on the spaceships and outer space animation, was very impressive for television, on a television budget.

I also liked the Yoshimi battles the (pink) robots reference.

However, while Daffy's voice seemed right on, I couldn't help thinking that Porky's voice seemed off somehow. Did you notice if the have Mr. Blanc Jr. doing all of the voices? From what I've heard of him in the past, he's very close on some voices, but way off on others. IMHO

I look forward to the next episodes.

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 11
This is out of date but it doesn't look like the Blancs are involved:
http://www.imdb.com/Title?0376390

In any case, it's in a much better state than the Muppets are in without Jim. I didn't think the voices were bad at all.

Aug 25, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #10 of 11
Kelly,

No doubt this is a very good show, I don't mean to imply that the Porky voice really hurts the show, it just seems different is all.

For some reason I seem to recognize Joe Alaskey from somewhere. I don't recognize the guy that does Porky though.

Aug 25, 2003 at 6:52 AM Post #11 of 11
Alaskey has done a lot of voices. Click on his name on that imdb link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back