dubstep recommendations please
May 30, 2009 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

terriblepaulz

1000+ Head-Fier
I dipped my toe in this genre(? - keep your corrections to yourself hipster) a little with Burial's Untrue. That was interesting. But then I heard London Zoo by The Bug. Wow. This is way more in my wheelhouse (more roots reggae and dub). Anything else I should try?

May 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 3
Dude, I loved London Zoo. I've heard a bunch of good "DStp" albuns lately, but nothing that has quite the same ingredients and sounded so immediate and dangerous.

More Hip-hop and chill but Skream! by Skream is also really good. It may be almost as prudent to trace Warrior Queen other than genre. She has appeared on a-lot of the dancehall flavored stuff.

Anyway, hopefully the dubstep pros will drop in and murder this.

May 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dipped my toe in this genre(? - keep your corrections to yourself hipster) a little with Burial's Untrue. That was interesting. But then I heard London Zoo by The Bug. Wow. This is way more in my wheelhouse (more roots reggae and dub). Anything else I should try?

This first thing you should buy is Benga's : "Diary of an Afro Warrior". As far as im concerned its the best reggae influenced dubstep material released thus far.

Also, buy anything Skream! has done, both on the production and DJing ends.

Some DJ's to look for:

Youngsta
Hatcha
The Plastician
Mary Anne Hobbs
The Digital Mystics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back