Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling thread)
Apr 1, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #1,517 of 2,738
I've seen that before but have no idea what it means sorry..Great tube enjoy

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #1,519 of 2,738
  I've seen that before but have no idea what it means sorry..Great tube enjoy

Seen its lots but not sure why it's there.

Thanks for the response guys.  I have not previously encountered the writing and was curious if this was strange. Now I know it is not.   And @abvolt, thanks, am enjoying this quite a bit.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #1,520 of 2,738
Ok my fellow/fellette rectifier , friends. I need your help. I purchased a supposedly Brimar 5Z4G , from a local guy who sells all kinds of tubes. All the labels are rubbed off except for the 5.

We are both curious if it's what he and I both think it is. The one thing that's confusing is the getter style. He had another 5Z4G , that he was getting ready to ship out , and everything was absolutely identical but the getter. The one being shipped was an "O" getter. The one I got has this getter:

Not sure what you call it but it looks like a rectangular type upside down plate of some sort.

Hopefully one of the tube vets can chime in. My only knowledge of tubes are 6922 variants.

FWIW , It sounds amazing. Very organic and natural sounding. The mids are absolutely sweet. Very nice 3D , holographic, layered presentation. Reminds me of a Holland Heerlen Valvo or Miniwatt E188CC/CCa.

Apr 6, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,521 of 2,738
Ok my fellow/fellette rectifier , friends. I need your help. I purchased a supposedly Brimar 5Z4G , from a local guy who sells all kinds of tubes. All the labels are rubbed off except for the 5.

We are both curious if it's what he and I both think it is. The one thing that's confusing is the getter style. He had another 5Z4G , that he was getting ready to ship out , and everything was absolutely identical but the getter. The one being shipped was an "O" getter. The one I got has this getter:

Generally speaking, foil getters were the norm in the early 1940s and halo getters were the norm starting around 1960. So if otherwise, these two tubes are identical, it is likely that one was simply manufactured 15 to 20 years earlier than the other.

May 29, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,525 of 2,738
Seems a little cheap for a Psvane 274B at $85 new? Replica of a replica?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181942988612?rmvSB=true

May 29, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #1,526 of 2,738

Not sure what you call it but it looks like a rectangular type upside down plate of some sort.

Hopefully one of the tube vets can chime in. My only knowledge of tubes are 6922 variants.

FWIW , It sounds amazing. Very organic and natural sounding. The mids are absolutely sweet. Very nice 3D , holographic, layered presentation. Reminds me of a Holland Heerlen Valvo or Miniwatt E188CC/CCa.

I also have this tube it's a great sounding rectifier..Enjoy 

May 29, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #1,527 of 2,738
  Seems a little cheap for a Psvane 274B at $85 new? Replica of a replica?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181942988612?rmvSB=true

Didn't realize there were two different Psvane 274B's. One is a "regular" 274B and the other is the "WE274B" replica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back