Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling thread)
Aug 29, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #1,339 of 2,738
I picked this Brimar 5V4G up last week and I gotta say for an inexpensive tube this one is without a doubt one of the best sounding 5V4G I own, It's almost as good as the mullard GZ32 which is one of my favorite rectifiers.  I've noticed all 5V4G's make excellent sounding rectifiers with maybe the exception of the Sylvania don't really care for that one it sounds hollow almost like your in a tunnel. The Brimar 5V4G is well worth a try glad I found this one it's really excellent..

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,340 of 2,738
Hi, for WE422a, is there any difference in performance among those made in different years? As far as I know, there are three versions: those with round getters; those with square getters and black plate; and finaly the earliest with square getters and grey plate. Thanks. 

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,341 of 2,738
  Hi, for WE422a, is there any difference in performance among those made in different years? As far as I know, there are three versions: those with round getters; those with square getters and black plate; and finaly the earliest with square getters and grey plate. Thanks. 

My opinion is the Grey plate is a little better sounding

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,344 of 2,738
Here's an interesting rectifier I found at least for me it is, a NU 5Z4 metal tube, I was pleasantly surprised how well this 7.00 tube sounds it's well worth a listen..

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #1,345 of 2,738
  Here's an interesting rectifier I found at least for me it is, a NU 5Z4 metal tube, I was pleasantly surprised how well this 7.00 tube sounds it's well worth a listen..

Have this one to an RCA 5Z4 at first it smelt of burnt paint and it  runs really hot but as you say its a nice tube                                                                              

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #1,348 of 2,738
  I also noticed a little smell, but sure does sound good..

Wanted to add that i measured the tubes heat level at 330 F in my WA22 was concerned and contacted Woo they said no problem ,always nice to here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back