DT770Pro/80 - Headphone amp $500 approx. budget
Apr 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dogbait

New Head-Fier
Had my pair of DT770/80 headphones a few years now. A real step up from the cheapo headphones I'm used to but I'm listening to it without an amp...finally got the budget to get one and overwhelmed by the range of choices from the Crack OTL to Woo Audio's WA3 and WA6. Portability isn't essential, it'd be handy, but not required. Any suggestions?

Apr 10, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 4
You could look at 2 amp's, Dynalo amp, find it on EBAY and the Schiit Lyr (Tube amp) $449. I think the Dynalo should do it for You. If You want portability You could check the 56 portable amp round up by SkyLab. And ask Him what would help You out if Your not sure.

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the pointer. Hadn't heard of the Schiit Lyr before, looks superb. Torn though between getting that for $500 odd or the WA6SE for $1050. Don't want to have to buy an amp ever again, too much hassle researching! Has anyone compared these two?

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 4
The Lyr is a real nice amp and a few of the member's are in the burn in stage before they will give a review on it, the WA6SE is suppose to be a nice amp also from what I've read. Another amp You could look at is the DecWare CSP-2, that also is a truly nice amp, around the same price as the Woo. I'd suggest checking out a thread called Review Summary: A Ranking of 29 Tube and Tube/Hybrid headphone amplifier's by SkyLab and jump into the forum and ask a few question's, I know He and some of the Senior member's will give You great advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back