DT770 vs M50
Oct 19, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:
I just love Head-Fi haha, i was going to buy the M50 and i saw this thread, Im going to buy the DT770 PRO-80 now...Thank You

beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #33 of 38

Quote:
The question is: Is it loud without an amp?

In my opinion, no, not loud enough without an amp. I just got the DT 770 pro 80 ohms, and I can tell you that if you get these for the bass that everyone talks about you will not be happy unless you are driving these things like they were meant to be.

Can they be driven without an amp? Sure. Does the bass sound good / loud / impactful? Not nearly as well as it does when amped.

I wanted to return mine until I heard them through my Xonar DG. And that's a 'budget' card. I'm new to most of this scene but my ears don't lie. I didn't like them until I amped them.

Edit: I forgot to mention my HTF600's should be here today. I can't wait to compare!
Edit on Nov. 4. Sold the HTF600's to my brother. $25 lol. Can't listen to those after the Beyers.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #34 of 38
I agree with Tekone...

They can definitely be driven without an amp, but in order to hear the "famous" bass response of Beyerdynamic properly, you definitely should amp them. Makes a world of difference in both the bass and overall separation, which also aids in sound quality at higher volumes.

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #37 of 38
I purchased the M50 about a month ago, and while I was satisfied with the audio quality, the comfort was its main downfall. The earpads didn't fit around my ear properly and caused irritation and redness. Completely useless for a gamer who can have sessions succeeding 5 hours.
Anyway, I returned the M50 and bought the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (80ohms). The 770 is fantastic! Warm mids, great bass response and extremely comfortable.

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #38 of 38
  In my opinion, no, not loud enough without an amp. I just got the DT 770 pro 80 ohms, and I can tell you that if you get these for the bass that everyone talks about you will not be happy unless you are driving these things like they were meant to be.

Can they be driven without an amp? Sure. Does the bass sound good / loud / impactful? Not nearly as well as it does when amped.

If the 80 ohm ones would ideally need an amp would you be better off buying the cheaper 250ohm ones and put it towards a dac? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back