DT770 vs HD595 vs DT880
Dec 8, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 22
Out of those 3 the best one for dance music is DT770. It's got the bass
basshead.gif
!

Dec 8, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 22
Are we going to repeat this thread yet again????!!!! Deja Vu!!! Soundmachine, get the DT770 if you want da bass, the HD595 if you want something more balanced. End of story!

Dec 8, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 22
I think this is the 4th time now.
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundmachine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heheh thanks guys ! , i just bought the DT770's , and cant wait to get home to try them out! , are they very clear sounding aswell?

I find them to be very clear sounding. Also, the first thing people comment on when they hear my dt770's is how clear they sound.
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 22
awesomee!! , thats exactly what i was looking for , a good bass thumping for the beats , but really clear sound for the music in general !! , do yous think I made the best choice for Dance and Techno music?

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #8 of 22
Yes, you made the right choice. Make sure you leave your impressions here when you get them.

Don't tell me you're gonna make a new thread asking everyone if you made the right choice...
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #9 of 22
hhahahha! , i might , but because i didnt realise there was soo many headphones and so many different brands and sounds to choose from , and soo many opinions to take onboard , it really confused me and was too scared to me a purchase , but i thought alot of people were recommending the DT770's , so i just went out and got them!

coz im hooking up my DT770's to my $700 yamaha HIFI system , will the yamaha act as an amp for my headphones?

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

coz im hooking up my DT770's to my $700 yamaha HIFI system , will the yamaha act as an amp for my headphones?

Yes. Maybe it's not an ideal amp but just see what you think when the DT770's arrive, no point looking any spending more money if it sounds fine.

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #11 of 22
Yes, but who knows the quality of the headphone amp it has built in. You'll just have to see when you get it. At $700 it better atleast be decent!
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirumu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Maybe it's not an ideal amp but just see what you think when the DT770's arrive, no point looking any spending more money if it sounds fine.

Not true! Spend it to spend!

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true! Spend it to spend!

That's the problem with this site.....since joining, it's about $1k that I'm spending on audio stuff per month!!!

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #14 of 22
hehehe yess hopefully! , the yamaha stereo is a living room stereo , so it pumps very hard ! , and i have never gone past half way on the volume!

i mean If you think about it ,the yamaha stereo has got to pump a set of headphones better , then a little ipod !!

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

i mean If you think about it ,the yamaha stereo has got to pump a set of headphones better , then a little ipod !!

I'd actually doubt that. Many full size amps don't power the headphones from their output stage, they tend to use use cheap and nasty opamps instead. Not saying the internal iPod amp is great but it's better than on many other devices where the headphone output is an afterthought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back