DT770 Pro 80Ohm Bass Crackle
Jun 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Your theory fits a lot but the problem is, without any EQing at 50% volume, I still get crackling. 

In fact, as low as 30% volume the crackling is still there on the song I linked. I think it should handle 30% volume, although for what I know it might not. :p

And thanks for teaching me a bit about clipping and bass, you just opened my eyes a bit. :)

Its quite possible that the clipping is on the original recording. 

If you have digital Vu meters on your computer/system you can see how close to the limits it goes. Everyone should have Vu meters, they are fun to watch.

If the track has clipping on it, there isn't much you can do unfortunately. About the only thing is to complain to the record label so that they hopefully (a guy can dream) do a cleaner job of mastering the next record.

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #18 of 20
Another doublepost, haven't had much news on this matter for a while but today I tested the song on my brother's PC, same setup but on an Asus Xonar DX soundcard, no crackling.

I really don't get this. :p

Edit: I just tried to re-install drivers, and tried Brainbit drivers (low latency, c-media), no improvement. I doublechecked that the power connection is connected properly. Everything is as it should be.

May 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 20
I just took these apart to remove hairs from the diaphragm.
Don't worry about the silicon. When I first took these headphones apart it looked like the driver was sealed in or glued. The second time, when the bass had got really bad, I just cut them open.
It actually looks like it's just a precautionary method for keeping the drivers in place. There are also plastic clips that work just fine. Just remove the silicon altogether.

Upon opening I noticed SO many hairs. Whatever Beyerdynamic is using to block hair from getting in there isn't working.
Removing them was a real chore. The diaphragm is made from some kind of sticky material, unlike the Sennheisers I've owned previously. Removing hairs from Sennheisers is easy. Just open the thing up and blow on it.
Beyerdynamics on the other hand, with their sticky **** - peel them off with tweezers and pray that you don't get too close enough to the magnet. If you get too close to the magnet your tweezers will attract to it and you're basically ****ed.

May 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #20 of 20
You have hair stuck on your driver.

Unscrew the cup holders. I think you will need a Torx T5 if I remember.

Remove the pads.

Use a flat screw driver to remove the plastic ring that holds everything in place. If you look carefully, you will see the clips on the ring that holds it in place.

Carefully take the driver out since nothing else will be holding it.

Behind the driver, remove the silicon glue on the 3 plastic holders.

Carefully remove the driver with a flat screw driver around those 3 plastic holders.

Once you have the driver, look under a bright light and remove hair with tweezers. (Careful ! Hold your tweezers tight because the tweezers will stick to the magnet and cause damage)

Look at every angle on the driver.

Place the driver back in the holder. Play music. if its fine, re-assemble the headphones. Else, recheck for hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back