DT1350 Appreciation Thread
Apr 26, 2012 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

purrin

aka Marvey, purr1n
Member of the Trade: Eddie Current
There are a lot of big fans of this headphone, and I thought there should be an appreciate thread where we can discuss our merits of this headphone and what tweaks or equipment play well with it.

I've had a chance to hear a non-defective model, and I for one think this is a very good sounding headphone and one of the top supra-aurals. I certainly like it much more than the HD25+extra random characters.

May 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 11
I just got the DT 1350 today so I haven't had much listening time yet.  But, so far, I really like how they sound.  I was looking for a portable, well-built headphone that sounded more clear and dynamic than my V-Moda M80.  The DT 1350 sounds just like what I was looking for.​
As others have pointed out, it's very important to get the earcups on your earlobes correctly to get a good full sound, especially bass response.  ​
The biggest thing I was worried about was if the DT 1350 had enough bass quantity, as I thought the V-Moda M80 had good overall quantity but not precise and clear enough [to me, the M80 is too creamy/thick overall].  I might be somewhat of a basshead [not sure because I like incredible bass [impact, depth, definition, etc] but only when it's supposed to be there.  The DT 1350 bass is glorious.​
The comfort is fine but fine for an on-ear.​
I've also found that, as others have noted, the DT 1350 does scale with amps.  There's a huge difference between driving it with my Nuforce Icon mobile and my [newly acquired] Alo Audio National amp.​
 ​
I'm curious if anybody has both the DT1350 and the T1 and could compare the two...​

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
I just got the DT 1350 today so I haven't had much listening time yet.  But, so far, I really like how they sound.  I was looking for a portable, well-built headphone that sounded more clear and dynamic than my V-Moda M80.  The DT 1350 sounds just like what I was looking for.​
As others have pointed out, it's very important to get the earcups on your earlobes correctly to get a good full sound, especially bass response.  ​
The biggest thing I was worried about was if the DT 1350 had enough bass quantity, as I thought the V-Moda M80 had good overall quantity but not precise and clear enough [to me, the M80 is too creamy/thick overall].  I might be somewhat of a basshead [not sure because I like incredible bass [impact, depth, definition, etc] but only when it's supposed to be there.  The DT 1350 bass is glorious.​
The comfort is fine but fine for an on-ear.​
I've also found that, as others have noted, the DT 1350 does scale with amps.  There's a huge difference between driving it with my Nuforce Icon mobile and my [newly acquired] Alo Audio National amp.​
 ​
I'm curious if anybody has both the DT1350 and the T1 and could compare the two...​

M80 more suitable for fun & easy listening, precision tend to be more analitical

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #8 of 11
My stock 1350 had wonderful highs, solid, balanced, somewhat restrained bass, and a pinched midrange. There are two holes on the back of the driver, one of which is covered by "coffee filter" damping. The padding/damping on the inside of the chambers seems to be laying over the back of the drivers (when driver assembly is placed back in). . If you remove the padding, you lose the pinched midrange and the top end, and you turn your 1350 into a bass monster. So these should be able to be modded into a great sounding headphone.

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 11
I am curious about the reference to a "non-defective" example.  In the defective examples, what was the problem?  Did it not work at all, or did it not sound the way it was supposed to?

I have been listening to mine for a couple of weeks (and burning them in when I wasn't listening), and I have yet to hear the clear, extended trebles others mention in their raves.  It may be that I don't listen to them loudly enough to get the full effect.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back