DT 770 80 ohm / amp help?
Nov 27, 2013 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mesamitch

New Head-Fier
Hey guys i got the DT 770 pro 80 ohm head phones
i have had these ear phones now for a couple of years
i've never really used them because i never thought they sounded all that good

then for some strange reason i was looking at them today and decided that i probably needed a amp for them
i see people on here talking about DAC amp???
i have no clue what these are and where to buy them

i was wondering can i get a amp like this at best buy or radio shack or frys electronics and if some one can send me a link to the cheapest one in those stores because i really have no clue what to buy

i bought some Bose QC15's today and there so going back sound pretty bad no bass and treble gets a lil harsh

any help is really appreciated guys i am looking for a great pair of ear phones and hopefully i just have them? lol

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't think you really need an amp for 80ohm Beyerdynamics but if you really thing you should get one, for starters you can get a cMoy amp on ebay or JDSLabs that won't cost you a fortune and will still upgrade your sound quality. You can read about cmoy amp here.

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 4

An Excellent choice.

What is it that you didn't like about the sound?

This may have an effect on what equipment you wish to add to the setup...

Or if you want to sell it, to buy something else.. We can look into that, too.

Might I add, I think that you may have posted this into the wrong section. There is a recommendation section in this forum.

It is here:
http://www.head-fi.org/f/7840/introductions-help-and-recommendations

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 4
i have had these ear phones now for a couple of years
i've never really used them because i never thought they sounded all that good
then for some strange reason i was looking at them today and decided that i probably needed a amp for them
i see people on here talking about DAC amp???
i have no clue what these are and where to buy them
i was wondering can i get a amp like this at best buy or radio shack or Frys electronics and if some one can send me a link to the cheapest one in those stores because i really have no clue what to buy
i bought some Bose QC15's today and there so going back sound pretty bad no bass and treble gets a lil harsh
any help is really appreciated guys i am looking for a great pair of ear phones and hopefully i just have them? lol

The Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80-Ohm headphones do improve in audio quality when used with a decent headphone amplifier.
It would help to know what sources your plugging the DT770s into?

Chances are whatever DAC and headphone amplifier we Head-fiers talk you into is not something you would be buying at Bestbuy, Radio shack, or Fry's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back