Dropped my IEMs in coffee
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tayano

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I just dropped my IEMs in coffee (I pulled it up right away). Just the right earphone.
I dried it with a hair dryer and listened to it, the right earphone seemed as loud as the left one.
It's still in front of the hair dryer.
Thing is, I have 30 days satisfaction guarantee from the web store, would it be a d*ck-move to return them and buy a new pair just to be sure to get a proper working pair?

It's a pair of Fischer amps fa4.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 10
Why are you asking us?

Anyway, I don't know if you'd get away with it. I'd sooner check if they have a warranty and use that.

Edit: if it works fine still, then you probably would get away with it. I'm not going to preach, so go ahead and do it unless some random moral crap stands in the way.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #3 of 10
Yes it would. I wouldn't consider those in like new condition which is part of returns. It's not only the store but that some other consumer will eventually own them. If you think they aren't right, best to cop to it and move forward. If they do seem OK, keep them and live with it. They're for your ears and if your ears can tell, don't sweat it.

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 10
It's working as usual, no worries anymore.
I think that I pulled them out quickly so that only the tips got soaked.. didn't see any liquid inside the drivers.
I'm waiting for mine arete-cable now and will be writing my impressions of these bad boys :)

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 10
Cool you bought the arete too? I'm waiting to receive mine as warranty replacemt I'm really into the sony mh1c tips with them now. I'm also liking the zero audio tenore a lot but these new fa 4e are truly amazing and tiers above

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #7 of 10
I've heard many times that you could clean electronics by soaking in pure isopropyl alcohol or pure grain alcohol (everclear brand), then dry it out by putting it in the oven at 100-110 Fahrenheit or 40C for a few hours. I don't know how it would affect the drivers, and alcohol isn't good for rubber like on your wires, so I wouldn't recommend it, and I can't think of any ways you could safely clean audio drivers.

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #9 of 10

Do they sound more "peppy" now? (Sorry, someone had to...)

Yeah, the bass is tighter and punchier and the highs are clearer.  A highly recommended "mod" for dull and tired IEMs 
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool you bought the arete too? I'm waiting to receive mine as warranty replacemt I'm really into the sony mh1c tips with them now. I'm also liking the zero audio tenore a lot but these new fa 4e are truly amazing and tiers above

Yes, mine is on it's way. I ordered mine with an apple remote, as I need one for my IEMs.
How's the isolation with the sony tips? Will have to look in to them. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back