Downtown Chicago Meet
Dec 22, 2005 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 168

randyruiz

100+ Head-Fier
Folks,
I have one of the coolest locations to have a meet. It is my party room in the John Hancock building in downtown Chicago. It is on the 44th floor and has sweeping views of Dowtown with floor to 15ft ceiling windows. Would anyone be open to taking advantage of this to have a meet? I am open in terms of timeframe.

A little Wiki-action
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hancock_Center

Dec 22, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 168
I will try and be there when a time is decided upon. I have had a fairly hectic schedule with work and travel as of late and it won,t be getting any better for the foreseeable future but I will try and make it.

Dec 22, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Count me in! My schedule is pretty busy due to being a teacher, but i;; try to set some time for whatever the date may be

[size=small]I'm an instructor myself, although I hope to re-join the computing industry pretty soon. Depending on the date, I might ride up from St. Louis to Chi-town. Just let me have an address so I can use yahoo.maps or mapquest to plot a course to the Hancock building.[/size]

Dec 22, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jap
[size=small]I'm an instructor myself, although I hope to re-join the computing industry pretty soon. Depending on the date, I might ride up from St. Louis to Chi-town. Just let me have an address so I can use yahoo.maps or mapquest to plot a course to the Hancock building.[/size]

175 east Delaware Place

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hancock_Center

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 168
Once there's a date, I'm in.

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #13 of 168
i just moved to chicago from pittsburgh and id be really cool to meet people. if this thing is still on, im very very in. =D

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #14 of 168
Sweet, finally a meet around Chicago. I'm a student now so I can't guarantee anything ahead but I'd love to come. I don't have much to bring, just a pair of dt770-80s and a maxed portaphile v2^2. I would also consider bringing my computer with modded emu 0404 if there is any interest. My friend has hd595s and an X-fi music, too. It seems like Saturday or Sunday afternoon would be good times, but I don't know how easily you can reserve the room. Make a date and I'm sure you could host a pretty successful meet. Thanks, let us know.

edit: I didn't realize OP hadn't posted for about three weeks... I hope it's still on?

Jan 17, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #15 of 168
I'd be up for this. I can bring a DT770, DT880, CD3000, XMoy2 pocket amp (slightly broken), and a Porta Corda MKIII USB edition.

Interested in hearing some high-end amps and Senns.

Jabka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back