downtempo electronica thread
Jan 22, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #76 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my limited copies of Air, Water and Fire yesterday from Ultimae have you got these yet? Full of the stuff we like - Aes Dana, Ra, Hybrid Leisureland, Chronos, Zymosis etc.. Just brilliant compilations. I love this
biggrin.gif

Yeup, I have everything from Altar Records (kinda sister label to Ultimae), with the guy running it being local... But no CDs, I get the downloads tho, well worth it, fantastic compilations
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #77 of 248
Quote:

This thread is just amazing. Thanks for the link buddy...... Downloading that album now in Apple Lossless
eek.gif

x2..Thanks again..

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #78 of 248
Quote:

This thread is just amazing. Thanks for the link buddy...... Downloading that album now in Apple Lossless
eek.gif

Got my limited copies of Air, Water and Fire yesterday from Ultimae have you got these yet? Full of the stuff we like - Aes Dana, Ra, Hybrid Leisureland, Chronos, Zymosis etc.. Just brilliant compilations. I love this
biggrin.gif

Where can I find these comp? They sound interesting.

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #81 of 248
Quote:

Listening to Trifonic now as I write. I can see this fast becoming one of my favourite albums period. The crisp production is something else on headphones, special indeed...

Glad you like
smily_headphones1.gif
They should have new songs, or hopefully a whole new album out this year ; can hardly wait!

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #83 of 248
Quote:

Listening to Trifonic now as I write. I can see this fast becoming one of my favourite albums period. The crisp production is something else on headphones, special indeed...

I bought this album after you suggested it, and it is indeed squeaky clean
biggrin.gif

You lot are gonna put me in the poor house by the time this thread dies down :p

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #84 of 248
A few personal favorites that I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

Maneesh De Moor - Sadhana. I don't understand why this album isn't talked about with the same reverence as Are You Shpongled? and Tales of the Inexpressible.

Amethystium - Apheleon. Probably my favorite of the Amethysium disks but they're pretty similar in vibe. A modern take on the Tangerine Dream/Vangelis/Brian Eno sound.

Abakus - This Much Closer to the Sun. Kuba, plus real melody. Really good, bouncy dub.

Bahramji & Maneesh De Moor - Call of the Mystic. Deep, chilled, and utterly tripped out dub.

Gas - Gas 0095. Woob's evil twin, this one. And better, IMO.

And even though it's not a primarily electronic album, Nicholas Gunn - Breathe really reminds me of Shpongle melodically at times. Acoustic Shpongle anyone?

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #85 of 248
Here's a suggestion...

Some of the music from the TV show 'Departures' is pretty neat. The album's a mixed bag of genres, but there are a few downtempo tracks that have a good sound to them.

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #86 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few personal favorites that I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

Maneesh De Moor - Sadhana. I don't understand why this album isn't talked about with the same reverence as Are You Shpongled? and Tales of the Inexpressible.

Amethystium - Apheleon. Probably my favorite of the Amethysium disks but they're pretty similar in vibe. A modern take on the Tangerine Dream/Vangelis/Brian Eno sound.

Abakus - This Much Closer to the Sun. Kuba, plus real melody. Really good, bouncy dub.

Bahramji & Maneesh De Moor - Call of the Mystic. Deep, chilled, and utterly tripped out dub.

Gas - Gas 0095. Woob's evil twin, this one. And better, IMO.

And even though it's not a primarily electronic album, Nicholas Gunn - Breathe really reminds me of Shpongle melodically at times. Acoustic Shpongle anyone?

Cheers for those
beerchug.gif
I'm downloading Om Deeksha at the mo as it was the 1st one I came across of Maneesh Da Moor's.

If you are into Gas, Woob or any of the em:t stuff have you tried Mama 6 by Journeyman? My all time favourite Ambient Album....

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #87 of 248
I actually don't like a lot of the other Maneesh De Moor stuff. He makes music for meditation and it's really not great music in its own right. But Sadhana is right up the Shpongle alley though different in feel.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #88 of 248
Yeah, the album I downloaded was pants hehe..... I'll give the other one a try though for sure as I love Shpongle. Any one else into Shpongle should give both Flooting Grooves and Organika a listen.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #89 of 248
Quote:

Yeah, the album I downloaded was pants hehe..... I'll give the other one a try though for sure as I love Shpongle. Any one else into Shpongle should give both Flooting Grooves and Organika a listen.

x2, the Peaking Goddess Collective is a great Psychedelic band! Had all forgot about it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back