Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$
Sep 9, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #32 of 39
I think the RE262 is your best bet over the GR07 because of their ability to portray the depth in a recording wheres the GR07 struggles to do so.

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #33 of 39
I made my decision. I'm going with the GR06, following eke's advice. I was thinking about the RE262, but it's better to explore something more cheap before. (Indeed in the future I will try also the Ety HF5 sponsored by Jim)

I read that the impedance of the GR06 is 24ohm. when I'm home I use a fiio e10, so it won't be a problem. But when I'm out, i will use my glorious 2nd generation iPod Nano (that I'm planning to change with a sansa clip). Do I need a portable amp? I saw good reviews on the Fiio E7 and E11. And also I read a comparison between them (I can't remember who wrote it, but was on head-fi). 
Any advice on that? (it must be under 100$)

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:
I made my decision. I'm going with the GR06, following eke's advice. I was thinking about the RE262, but it's better to explore something more cheap before. (Indeed in the future I will try also the Ety HF5 sponsored by Jim)

I read that the impedance of the GR06 is 24ohm. when I'm home I use a fiio e10, so it won't be a problem. But when I'm out, i will use my glorious 2nd generation iPod Nano (that I'm planning to change with a sansa clip). Do I need a portable amp? I saw good reviews on the Fiio E7 and E11. And also I read a comparison between them (I can't remember who wrote it, but was on head-fi). 

I don't think you'll regret it. You won't need an amp at all. It's very efficient.

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

I hope you enjoy them.

Keep us posted too, Jim

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:
The Monster Miles Davis Tribute owns for jazz. For jazz specifically it's better than anything I've heard. You can sometimes find it on EBay for less than $200, or during sales.

These are on ebay for under $100 direct from Monster.  I personally did not care for them though so caveat emptor.  For me, they had too much bass and not nearly clear enough highs.  They sounded fine with an old recording but on something with high resolution, they came up short IMHO.

May 19, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #39 of 39
theRE is a Miles Davis Trumpets on ebay right now. no it isn't super bass or rather over bassy but more of a refined person mix of the ep100 and the Re400 with good subbass,extended highs and nicely wide soundstage.

it's a benchmark for me because it's the first thing that got me here. I own a Dn2000 but it can't compare to the less "less technically impressive" trumpets. No sibilance, micro details are plenty and it will make you re listen to your entire jazz collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back